pitman and idler arm?

-

XtechX

Reaction score
Are the 68 Barracuda pitman and idler arms off a manual car the same as the ones from a power steering car? Thanks!

Ok I did some searching around and have located a 67 center link to use in my swap back to original equipment ( have flaming river rear mounted power rack as of now). So it sounds like the center links are the same from 67 to atleast 72 CORRECT?? If I use that and get 68 pitman and idler arms or atleast a matching set of arms for a 67-72 I should be fine Right?? I see the 67 idler is expensive so I wont be using that type. I am having them cut off the steering and idler mount off the 67 donor K member because someone cut mine off when they put the power rack in, so I figure they should be a direct weld on and I hope they dont cause me fits. Does it sound like Im on the right track????

If you can accurately get a later (up through 72) idler mount, that is the way to go. Easy way to tell the 73/74/ later stuff is that the pitman/ idler studs point down instead of up.

Easy way to tell the 73/74/ later stuff is that the pitman/ idler studs point down instead of up.

Puts the steering linkage down a bit lower that way. :burnout:
Also 73-76 does use a different pitman arm for power vs. manual.
Moog K7075 manual, K7076 power. K7086 is the idler.

Ca n you tell us why you're not happy with the rear mounted power rack ?

-
Back