[WANTED] please dont kill me, looking for rear leaf shackles

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those Dakota shackles won't work. You need basically 2 pieces of flat bar with holes in them. One thing I don't like about shackles is they change the pinion angle to the driveshaft. Anytime you raise or lower just one end of a spring you affect the pinion angle. IMO a better option is helper springs that go around the shocks. They won't affect the pinion angle

Got some shackle extension bars with holes, just need bolts.
$10 + ship.

Pm if you want them or pics.

D.

Those Dakota shackles won't work. You need basically 2 pieces of flat bar with holes in them. One thing I don't like about shackles is they change the pinion angle to the driveshaft. Anytime you raise or lower just one end of a spring you affect the pinion angle. IMO a better option is helper springs that go around the shocks. They won't affect the pinion angle

ive seen the way shackles are normally made, and I thought the Dakota ones looked like a much better part...like there was actually some design given to it

it looks like if I were to go with shackles, the Dakota piece (or a variation of it, made to fit a duster) would be much more stable

SGBARRACUDA has a pair for Sale in his thread "A bunch of misc for sale"

thanks for pointing that out
they are a good price too

I'm giving serious thought to getting the springs trebling has for sale though

I use these on my Dart... $34.99 at Oreilly's part# 11-1020

spr_11-1020.jpg

Lots of ways to raise the rear, but the easiest is to lower the front spring eye with different hangers. Longer rear shackles work much better on symmetrical leaf springs (Chev/Ford) as opposed to our Mopar asymmetrical springs. While it is possible to rip the upper shock mounts out with air shocks, it's really not that common.

offset leaf mounts wont work?

you can always add a hole on he front spring bracket to raise the front of the leaf up. make a set of 2x2 sware stock and drill holes to raise or lower the mounting point of the rear eyelet. should give you a few inches of lift if needed as you say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back