Please don't rip me a new one, but....

-
What I think is funny is about a month ago some guy came on this forum claiming he had build a motor that does 8 or 9 thousand RPMs we all started questioning him how he did that and he started backpedaling super quick and just cursing at people... This was an older guy who acted like he knew what he was talking about and I remember being given a hard time because I questioned him...
Here we have a young gun who has built himself a nice Mopar motor and looking for something to put it in and people are giving him a hard time... it's hard finding a younger person interested in thi stuff and trying to get someone to carry the torch for the rest of us.. hot rodding is hot running and that means making something different not keeping everything Factory in the same...
Anybody who gives this guy a hard time I'm going to jump on like stink on dooty...

What ever he chooses to get, it should be a driver .
It took me 2 years to get my car road worthy and another 20 years to get it right
Cash determines that period.

What I think is funny is about a month ago some guy came on this forum claiming he had build a motor that does 8 or 9 thousand RPMs we all started questioning him how he did that and he started backpedaling super quick and just cursing at people... This was an older guy who acted like he knew what he was talking about and I remember being given a hard time because I questioned him...
Here we have a young gun who has built himself a nice Mopar motor and looking for something to put it in and people are giving him a hard time... it's hard finding a younger person interested in thi stuff and trying to get someone to carry the torch for the rest of us.. hot rodding is hot running and that means making something different not keeping everything Factory in the same...
Anybody who gives this guy a hard time I'm going to jump on like stink on dooty...
Hahaha He said dooty.

I guess the oldster didnt like the enquiring minds wanting to know about his "hot mill". That 73 swinger looked pretty nice. May need some typical floor and spare tire well repair, well hell at this age they all do by now lol.

That feather duster looks grandma fresh and unFucked with. I'd take a wool bonnet buffer to the old paint and make it what it ain't, then do all the mechanical and structural stuff it needs. Drive it lookin like that for awhile.

Last edited:
What ever he chooses to get, it should be a driver .
It took me 2 years to get my car road worthy and another 20 years to get it right
Cash determines that period.
I agree. I think he came to the right place and several people pointed him to the type of cars he is looking for right close to home. Some fine folks here. I'm just going to sit back and wait for the "Look what i bought" thread! I don't think there is much more we can do till he makes a purchase. I'm sure he'll be thankful. I think he'll take the 2 minutes to sign up on FB and start shopping. I use my wife's FB to shop. Soon he'll start a thread on what he bought :)

I appreciate the fact that you hung in there with this thread with all these Jack Watts giving you such a hard time..
I'm in the camp that you should do whatever the heck you want to do it's your money. But also knowing what I do know it would be much easier to find an a body Mopar as things will fit in without all the fabrication. Also the transmission. You could find a nice core 904 for $100 or so and put $200 in it rebuilding it with a shift kit and be very happy... I mean ultimately when you were building the Stroker motor you were probably thinking of a lot of power and going fast and putting it in something real big isn't going to feed the need likely..
I don't think building a cool motor and then getting the car there's a bad idea at all you are literally putting the horse before the carriage...
Here's my 410 stroker for a little bit of inspiration...
View attachment 1715581161

And don't forget the nitrous! LOL...
View attachment 1715581159
Have patience grasshopper you'll get there...
Oh my God! If that engine was a girl I'd marry it! Thanks for the support, I take all opinions and tips very seriously because I'm learning this world of Mopar.

I think I finally made a buy if it will work.
It's a 92 Dakota 2wd regular cab with the V6 automatic. The owner was going to do a 360 swap but said it's more of a hassle than you know. He said $600 and I could drive it home, what do you think?

Just remember this. When working with 50 year old wiring harnesses, if not replacing them theres always this product. LoL

Screenshot_20200819-114134_Gallery.jpg

Square body first gen daks are nice. I'd take one of these over the goofy second gen rounded ones. Those are terrible looking.

Last edited:
Oh my God! If that engine was a girl I'd marry it! Thanks for the support, I take all opinions and tips very seriously because I'm learning this world of Mopar.

I think I finally made a buy if it will work.
It's a 92 Dakota 2wd regular cab with the V6 automatic. The owner was going to do a 360 swap but said it's more of a hassle than you know. He said $600 and I could drive it home, what do you think?
I like the idea of driving it home but the amount of fabrication and money it may spend trying to make it all work out and fit and doing it before you're so discouraged you give up like the previous guy may not outweigh just spending an extra thousand getting an abody...

1992 dakota had the upgraded core support and nose on it with a bit more room so you can fit a V8. If its automatic, it's got the 42RH OD trans. You can make that work, but need to be good with wiring.

Typically these rot out pretty bad on the drivers side floor pan where the parking brake cable goes thru for the foot operated parking brake. The cheezy grommet doesnt keep the water out very well and it lays under the carpet. Check the frame well on these well too if your in the rust belt.

Last edited:
Back to square 1, the guy with the Dakota said the title is in a family estate account so he we will have to get all of them to agree to sell, not waiting for that clown show!

You all have given me some great leads on Mopars so I'm going to check out the ones closest to me first. My Mom told me to step back and take a breath and consider all options...didn't know it was that noticeable.

Thanks for all of your help I really do appreciate EVERYONE'S input good or bad it helps me learn. And by the way, my 408 slung 9500rpms on the stand dyno :rofl::bs_flag:

my opinion, he's been given multiple options, including many that are right in his immediate area and members offering cars for sale. It's up to him to take the initiative to make something happen and stop saying "not in Iowa". I've shopped and bought Iowa a ton. When I look for a project, I've had to go and scrounge one up. We've showed him not just where to find, but ACTUALLY did the finding for him right in his own home-grown state. No 2wd trucks in Iowa? Here's what I found in a few minutes of looking, again, in his own back yard..... I'll post these then I'm out :)

Update: So the 76 D100 is in a town 30 minutes from me so I asked a buddy that lives there if he's ever seen the truck around town and he said he knows exactly where it's at and he knows Kory! (truck owner).
So he's calling me tonight, fingers crossed!

The 83 in Newton is 2+ hours away so if the 76 falls through, it's my plan B.
Thanks again for everyone help and support :thumbsup:

Update: So the 76 D100 is in a town 30 minutes from me so I asked a buddy that lives there if he's ever seen the truck around town and he said he knows exactly where it's at and he knows Kory! (truck owner).

Great! Hope something works out. Don't be afraid to offer less than asking, you can always go up.....

that is going to be one nice D-100 with that engine in it .
Good luck

3's on the tree are just a blast to drive...... my opinion. Hope you get it... :)
Yeah it's funny because I was literally the only kid in school that knew how to drive a 3spd and one of a handful that could drive a manual (4 on the floor). I heard it's a bitxx finding the right throw out bearing, flywheel etc..

-
Back