Please don't rip me a new one, but....

-
If you get a job that offers you a 401K. Take it. If they offer you company matching, take that too. Every year put a little more percentage wise than you did the year before. Then when you retire at 65, at least you will have something to live on. At your age the social security ponzi scheme will be defunct by the time your old and gray. There is nothing left now since the democrats have dipped into it like their own private piggy bank too many times that it's all gone.

Last edited:
If you get a job that offers you a 401K. Take it. If they offer you company matching, take that too. Every year put a little more percentage wise than you did the year before. Then when you retire at 65, at least you will have something to live on. At your age the social security ponzi scheme will be defunct by the time your old and gray. There is nothing left now since the democrats have dipped into it like their own private piggy bank to many times that it's all gone.
Great advice, I plan on finishing out the winter where I'm at then applying at the University of Iowa Motor Pool Dept.

I don't know of anyone that has done that swap. It's your engine, and money, you can do what you want. You don't need our permission. I have a Ramcharger you could put it in... lol
WHAT YEAR RAMCHARGER ?

YOU'D HAVE A NICE CAR WITH THE 425HP MOPAR IN AN 81 LINCOLN why not do it ?

YOU'D HAVE A NICE CAR WITH THE 425HP MOPAR IN AN 81 LINCOLN why not do it ?
That's what I was hoping to do, I see it as thumbing my nose at Lincoln (even though it's a really cool old car) by powering it with a nasty Mopar engine which I love!

You guy's have proven to me that there are affordable Mopars out there and that is still my first choice but I just wanted to do something different.

I was browsing the local listings earlier today and saw this. 64 Plymouth Valiant (64 Valiant with an 8 3/4 already in it.) Thought you might be interested.
Good luck with what ever that motor ends up in.

tits n tires.jpg

So let me get this straight, you had enough money to build a 408 stroker, but no money to put it into a car. Seem like it should have been the other way around.

I was browsing the local listings earlier today and saw this. 64 Plymouth Valiant (64 Valiant with an 8 3/4 already in it.) Thought you might be interested.
Good luck with what ever that motor ends up in.
That 73 dart is in Iowa which is his back yard. I think that 64 with 8 75 in it is in Idaho. That's a bit of a haul to go for a body.

As I said, even junk Mopars are going for extremely unreasonable prices and I'm only 20 I haven't had the chance to build a 50k bank account yet, so I'm kinda limited in the $$ department.

Hey, it's a Mopar making it thump so why not?
First thing is you will need a front sump pan....

Slow your roll....you would have thousands in fabricating and parts. Motor mounts, adapters, driveshaft, wiring, yada yada yada.

A Mopar would be much cheaper.

Find a MorDor Scamp....cheap and much easier.

Not to mention without a fab shop behind your shop it's likely you will year apart a nice car and wind up scrapping it.

So let me get this straight, you had enough money to build a 408 stroker, but no money to put it into a car. Seem like it should have been the other way around.
I did put the cart before the horse but I didn't think it would be that hard to find a 2wd Dakota, D150 or even a Ram 1500 but that definitely wasn't the case. I never thought there would be old Mopar muscle cars in fairly decent shape for a reasonable price. Everything I found was in the 4-5k range for crusty rollers.

When I told these supposed Mopar lovers that they were way overpriced they told me good luck kid, you have a rude awakening coming in the world of Mopar, really bummed me out.

That 73 dart is in Iowa which is his back yard. I think that 64 with 8 75 in it is in Idaho. That's a bit of a haul to go for a body.
Where is the information on the 73 Dart in Iowa? I seen one on craigslist that was a 73 Dart Swinger gt but can't find anything saying a gt was built in 73?

I do the same thing ! Build the drivetrain and get it running, if it has a seat and brakes I'm driving it.

Where is the information on the 73 Dart in Iowa? I seen one on craigslist that was a 73 Dart Swinger gt but can't find anything saying a gt was built in 73?
They didnt make a dart GT in 1973. Somebody added the wheels, wing, and hood scoop to a garden variety slant 6 or 318 swinger 2 door hardtop.

They didnt make a dart GT in 1973. Somebody added the wheels, wing, and hood scoop to a garden variety slant 6 or 318 swinger 2 door hardtop.
Thanks for the information, this guy claims it's a gt Lol..it needs put back together completely but I could have it done by spring probably.

Yeah somebody posted this one earlier this morning, it's a nice one! The other one is basically a complete resto job.
If I was you, I'd have done been on the horn with the guy in Des Moines with the Dart I posted. There is an old say'n, "If you snooze, you lose".

If I was you, I'd have done been on the horn with the guy in Des Moines with the Dart I posted. There is an old say'n, "If you snooze, you lose".
I don't see a phone number but I will Google him to see what I can find, thanks.

-
Back