Please don't rip me a new one, but....

-
You're gonna need a 440 to make a Jensen Interceptor, that's why the LA in the MGB GT. Same as a '67 Charger compared to a '67 Barracuda Fastback. Just smaller

In his own backyard...... LOL Got home and took me all of 90 seconds to find something for his motor and 1/2 the price he's looking to spend right in his alley :D

In his own backyard...... LOL Got home and took me all of 90 seconds to find something for his motor and 1/2 the price he's looking to spend right in his alley :D

Now that's a deal! Checking before I head to work and seen this post. I don't have Facebook so that's probably where alot of these are. Thank you!

Damn just reading this. I'm 52 I dont have 50K in a bank account, and I have a good paying job and am concidered middle class. It's called life Son. Your only 20, so lemme tell you, as you get older everything in life is gonna prevent you from having that 50k in a savings account. A home, wife, kids, and everything that goes along with that. You get a little saved up and then you need it for something that's more pressing to live your life. That's just the way it goes. Seems like the more you make the more your bills are. Money is just a means to an end. Hell I had one year alone that my refrigerator, dishwasher, and washing machine gave out. I replaced the fridge, and washing machine. Told the kids everybody is on rotation to wash dishes by hand. This has worked out so well that I may never replace that dishwasher.

That being said that little gem that 318willrun found you looks like the ticket. Learn to fabricate, weld, bodywork and paint if you dont already know how to. Money is always an issue unless your rich. Learn how to do most of it yourself. Theres lots of folks here that can help you. Nobody was born with these skills.

Last edited:
You put your engine in that Swinger and then you have something. You put it in a Lincoln (or what ever) and you just created a bastard that no one would want.

Damn just reading this. I'm 52 I dont have 50K in a bank account, and I have a good paying job and am concidered middle class. It's called life Son. Your only 20, so lemme tell you, as you get older everything in life is gonna prevent you from having that 50k in a savings account. A home, wife, kids, and everything that goes along with that. You get a little saved up and then you need it for something that's more pressing to live your life. That's just the way it goes. Seems like the more you make the more your bills are. Hell I had one year alone that my refrigerator, dishwasher, and washing machine gave out. I replaced the fridge, and washing machine. Told the kids everybody is on rotation to wash dishes by hand. This has worked out so well that I may never replace that dishwasher.

That being said that little gem that 318willrun found you looks like the ticket. Learn to fabricate, weld, bodywork and paint if you dont already know how to. Money is always an issue unless your rich. Learn how to do most of it yourself. Theres lots of folks here that can help you. Nobody was born with these skills.
Thanks for the insight I'll need it.
I can do some fabrication and a little body work with the tools I have. I don't have a Father figure so I'm flying by the seat of my pants. I've fab'd Ford engines in chebys and Mopars into chebys with not alot of problems so if I absolutely had to I guess I could.

It's just Mopars in general are so high priced only the people with a decent bank account can grab them quickly or someone that gets a bank loan which I will never do!
Thanks for the help!

Now I don’t know wat your idea is of a good body at a fair price?

Coffee 03.jpg

Once she pops out a few kids she aint gonna look like that anymore. That's called false advertising

Last edited:
Sell the motor... you asked about putting it in a Lincoln because mopars are too expensive?
Obviously you're not a Mopar fan so either sell the motor OR grab that Lincoln and get at it!
What does your mom say?

The bottom line is, put it in what you want. That's how hot rodding started and that's what it's all about.

Sell the motor... you asked about putting it in a Lincoln because mopars are too expensive?
Obviously you're not a Mopar fan so either sell the motor OR grab that Lincoln and get at it!
What does your mom say?
Not a Mopar fan..really dude! I hand built a 408 stroker engine MOPAR by the way, to put in a MOPAR but I'm just now finding affordable ones with the help from people on here.

If I wasn't a Mopar fan I would of built a cheby for $1000 less and stuck it in anything! Geez gimme a break or hand over a check!

With that being said, my cousin ran across a 74 Dodge Monaco 2dr big block (froze up) and claims it has a 3spd manual transmission?

-
Back