Please don't rip me a new one, but....

-
I have a beat up Dippy cop car. I'm looking for a clean 5th ave to make a nice road car with the cop car suspension and your stroked engine. YUP
I missed out on a 85, damn rednecks got it before I could get off work. They turned it into a demo car

So I have this 408cui/425hp engine I built earlier this spring in hopes of finding anything rear wheel drive Mopar to stick it in. Problem is anything Mopar is stupid crazy expensive, even if it is door handle deep in dirt!

I have a chance to buy a super clean, low mile 81 Lincoln Mark 6 from the original owner. I've done research till my eyes bled and couldn't find a single person that has transplanted a small block Mopar in a Ford/Lincoln product.

Can anyone here tell me if it has been done and if so, what I will need for fabrication and parts?
Thank You, Ashton Blackwell
Search the demolition derby pages. It has been done by those guys.

Put it in a 81-88? Dodge Aries station wagon, blue in color, dark tint all the windows, with skinnies on the front, tubbed rear with big *** drag radials all on some Weld Draglites.....that’s what you should do so I don’t have to. And take and post the pictures. :lol:

Things to look at would be the oil pan. Front sump, rear sump, mid sump.

Transmissions are all roughly the same shape, BUT...

you will have to fab motor mounts and trans mounts. Gas pedal linkages and shifter linkages etc.

I put a 289 V8 into a 63 Econoline Van, 351W in a 56 ford PU. A lot of fab but it all can be done.

At this years Mopar show in CO there was a 57? T-Bird with a Mopar hemi

So I have this 408cui/425hp engine I built earlier this spring in hopes of finding anything rear wheel drive Mopar to stick it in. Problem is anything Mopar is stupid crazy expensive, even if it is door handle deep in dirt!

I have a chance to buy a super clean, low mile 81 Lincoln Mark 6 from the original owner. I've done research till my eyes bled and couldn't find a single person that has transplanted a small block Mopar in a Ford/Lincoln product.

Can anyone here tell me if it has been done and if so, what I will need for fabrication and parts?
Thank You, Ashton Blackwell

If you can't find a Mopar, Fox body mustangs are cheap and there are tons of bolt on suspension and body parts for them.

What's your budget? There are still relatively solid mopars out there. Sure they require some work, but you may want to consider a driving project. Something you can drop the 408 in, freshen up the brakes, trans and drive/enjoy it. As you save up money, work on it to get it where you want it.

Iowa is full of mud bogs.... for 2100 can pull the 318, sell it, and you can drop that 408 in here and play on the street, snow and mud :D Howl in the transfer case... come and get it

:lol:

This topic always reminds me of one years ago that started out (I can't remember the details but it was a weird combination) "Has anyone seen anybody put an "X" in a "Y"?" The best response was, "No, doesn't that tell you something.".

Someone beat me to the punch, Fox body Mustang, lots of them around, cheap, and tons of aftermarket support for suspension etc. Probably someone has done a SBM into one somewhere.
There was a really clean looking Chrysler 5th Ave for sale locally on the weekend, $500.00 asking, ran and drove, gone really quick, otherwise it would be in my driveway now. Also saw a 77 Cordoba for $1400.00, looked pretty clean too, thought about it, gone too.

Screenshot_20200818-232133_Gallery.jpg

Someone beat me to the punch, Fox body Mustang, lots of them around, cheap, and tons of aftermarket support for suspension etc. Probably someone has done a SBM into one somewhere.
There was a really clean looking Chrysler 5th Ave for sale locally on the weekend, $500.00 asking, ran and drove, gone really quick, otherwise it would be in my driveway now. Also saw a 77 Cordoba for $1400.00, looked pretty clean too, thought about it, gone too.
Mustang get our of control with a little 302 under the hood. Imagine what a Angry Mopar Stroker would do? We don't want the op to kill himself! LOL

I would love to keep it Mopar 100% but I can't afford to drive to California to get it or have it transported.
So you can afford to build a 425 HP 408, but you cant afford a Mopar roller OR to drive out of Iowa????
Bull crap. I am logging out of this ridiculous thread.

So you can afford to build a 425 HP 408, but you cant afford a Mopar roller OR to drive out of Iowa????
Bull crap. I am logging out of this ridiculous thread.
I didn't see where you really "logged on" to this thread but to each his own. Always respect your opinion.

I know what you mean by “logging out”.....it’s called unwatching for those in Rio Linda:realcrazy:
LOL, Logging out was the only thing I could think of. Bailing, ignoring, whatever. I totally get the Rio Linda reference. I am a retired Air Force Officer, and I was stationed at Mather AFB in Sacramento for 5 years. I am very familiar with Rio Linda. It is a very nice place.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned putting his engine in his truck in his avatar.

Any luck searching for an Aspen or a Cordoba? Magnums a good choice.

What about old school muscle in a newer Charger?

I'm surprised no one has mentioned putting his engine in his truck in his avatar.

Any luck searching for an Aspen or a Cordoba? Magnums a good choice.

What about old school muscle in a newer Charger?
I was just thinking that too.

Find yourself an MG Midget and MAKE IT FIT! Or an MGB, or MGB GT. They are pretty sweet little cars.

IMG_9185.jpg

-
Back