Please don't rip me a new one, but....

-
I don't see a phone number but I will Google him to see what I can find, thanks.
You must know a person, any person. A girl from high school? Even an ugly one. Don't matter. Most people will be on facebook and select Des Moines, Iowa and type in Dodge dart for sale. Send him a message with your phone number and make the rest history.
(I can't believe I'm telling a teenager how to message on FB..., and I'm not on FB, I use my wife's account :D )

You must know a person, any person. A girl from high school? Even an ugly one. Don't matter. Most people will be on facebook and select Des Moines, Iowa and type in Dodge dart for sale. Send him a message with your phone number and make the rest history.
(I can't believe I'm telling a teenager how to message on FB..., and I'm not on FB, I use my wife's account :D )
Well I'm not the normal follow the leader, tidepod eating millenial. I prefer pizza and coke:usflag::usflag:

FWIW I built a 383 when I was 15, didn't have a car to put it in. lol
The fastback in my avatar is the donor car. 35 bucks in 1978 from my sisters boy friend.
It was a total basket case
Still have it too. That motor is long gone.

FWIW I built a 383 when I was 15, didn't have a car to put it in. lol
The fastback in my avatar is the donor car. 35 bucks in 1978 from my sisters boy friend.
It was a total basket case
Still have it too. That motor is long gone.
Haha, I knew I wasn't the only one :thankyou:

Left my information on the 73 Swinger. Found a 74 Imperial 2dr. $1800 if he keeps the 440 or $3000 if it stays.
Imperial?? Tell him to leave the 440 in there and sell your 408........ I wouldn't give up cubes in moving that led sled.

I'd look for something a little lighter! Maybe a truck? A Dakota? Even a RWD importakes more sense to me! Lighter will be more fun. I understand wanting something to put it in until you find what you want but a big old Lincoln don't compute for me! Good luck with what ever you build!

Cley
I was just thinking, ya know how many 1st and 2nd gen dakotas I see for $900? And how many B body magnums, cordoba, and fury, cars I see for the same? Lots!

I was just thinking, ya know how many 1st and 2nd gen dakotas I see for $900? And how many B body magnums, cordoba, and fury, cars I see for the same? Lots!
I will have to start having my friends look on Facebook for me because that's where most of these really cheap vehicles must be, craigslist sure isn't producing anything.

Also the state where we live will have different results too, here in Iowa or any major farming state trucks of any kind are used till the cab is riding on the ground.
2wd are very hard to find because everyone wants a 4x4 so there is less out there for resale.

People GIVE stuff away on Facebook marketplace. I find Craigslist is dead.

You're not going to find a superbee or hemi cuda for $300....but the $3000 and under "undesirables" are all over FB

upload_2020-8-20_6-36-7.png

my opinion, he's been given multiple options, including many that are right in his immediate area and members offering cars for sale. It's up to him to take the initiative to make something happen and stop saying "not in Iowa". I've shopped and bought Iowa a ton. When I look for a project, I've had to go and scrounge one up. We've showed him not just where to find, but ACTUALLY did the finding for him right in his own home-grown state. No 2wd trucks in Iowa? Here's what I found in a few minutes of looking, again, in his own back yard..... I'll post these then I'm out :)

I like the idea of a volare, or a 75 roadrunner
They kinds fall into that same category as a gremlin or mustang II...so ugly its almost cool again

Especially with a good engine in it

Definitely not the case in Iowa.
I appreciate the fact that you hung in there with this thread with all these Jack Watts giving you such a hard time..
I'm in the camp that you should do whatever the heck you want to do it's your money. But also knowing what I do know it would be much easier to find an a body Mopar as things will fit in without all the fabrication. Also the transmission. You could find a nice core 904 for $100 or so and put $200 in it rebuilding it with a shift kit and be very happy... I mean ultimately when you were building the Stroker motor you were probably thinking of a lot of power and going fast and putting it in something real big isn't going to feed the need likely..
I don't think building a cool motor and then getting the car there's a bad idea at all you are literally putting the horse before the carriage...
Here's my 410 stroker for a little bit of inspiration...
IMG_20200613_194407.jpg

And don't forget the nitrous! LOL...
IMG_20200616_180914.jpg

Have patience grasshopper you'll get there...

-
Back