Please say a prayer for Nella

-
Thoughts and prayers to you and Nella. I have been a gastroenterology nurse for 9 years now, there are some great advancements in the gastro world, and cdiff and colitis can be controlled well. If you have any questions about any gastro please feel free to reach out, I am a LVN and am involved with procedures.

Hey all, I'm up with Nella right now, and she would like to send out a big Thank You to everybody for keeping us in your prayers!! She is doing her best to be a trooper and get through this, she's a pretty determined young lady! She was smiling and joking with me a little bit, so to me that's progress! Thankss again for keeping us in your prayers, it's helping a lot, her temp is down, her tummy feels better, still a lot of foot pain and not eating, but at least it's some progress! Let's see what tomorrow brings with her scope!!
All our best thoughts and prayers for Nella as she goes through this.
J & D

He posted this update this morning in another thread

Good Morning everyone!! I would like to report that the girls are HOME!!! Everything looked good on her scope yesterday and Nella was cleared to come home!! Yes, they wanted to keep her one more day, but since Wendy is in the medical industry and knows her way around procedures, Nellas doctor felt that she would be safe at home!! She still has a ways to go and will be on 3 different antibiotics for the next 15 days, but she is feeling much better! She even got to order her dinner from the regular menu before they left......mashed potatoes!!! Yay for real food, and double Yay for all of the great staff at the hospital who worked so hard and fawned over her to help get her better!! She has an undeniable charm, even when she's at her worst!! Just glad to have her home so she can finally get some rest!!

Incidentally, her Dr's name was Dr. Octain!!!! How fitting!!!

Prayers sent for Nella! I hope getting her home will help her recover quicker! Great news that she is feeling better!!

He posted this update this morning in another thread

Thanks for posting my update,
I wish I knew how to copy and paste like that, it would certainly help my fumble thumbs!!!

Yes all, Nella is home, and resting in her own bed, which has to feel soooo good to her!! It was with the prayers and support of all of our family and friends, both here and around that we are able to concentrate on her recovery! The staff at the hospital was awesome, despite some very troubling circumstances that sent her home last Tuesday with all of her symptoms pointing right to her affliction! They are investigating why there was no diagnosis last week and she was allowed to come home then, despite being in full blown emergency status for a very contagious disease!! I'm sure they'll absolve themselves of any wrongdoing, but it effectively caused her one full week in the critical care facility!! Not dwelling on that right now tho, just happy that she is home and resting!!

We would like to thank everybody here for all of your prayers, love and support for helping us through a very difficult time! Without a support system like this, her isolation would've been a much lonelier place, you all certainly provided a bright ray of hope, from people that genuinely care!! I wish she could line you all up and give each one of you one of her super hugs!! If and when we meet you, please request that you be bestowed upon with one, you will then feel just how much you all mean to us!! God bless you all, Geof, Wendy, Nella and Ian!!

I sure am glad to hear that

Thanks for posting my update,
I wish I knew how to copy and paste like that, it would certainly help my fumble thumbs!!!

no problem, I figured you had plenty of other things to keep you busy
but for future reference, you simply hit the "quote" button on the post you want too quote and the forum will place it on the clipboard, so to speak
then go into the thread where you want to put it, and hit the "insert quotes" button
(this button only shows up if you have quotes on your clipboard, it will be next to the "insert bookmarks" button)

select the quote you want and your all set

great news to hear she is home! Prayers are continuing for full speedy recovery. Joe

Geof, Great to read the girl is back home and recovering. Scary situation.

C dif is usually contracted by people when they're in the hospital, not outside of the hospital but actually from being there for an extended period of time. Something to do with the bacteria remaining on hospital surfaces, even after cleaning.

My dad got it while in the hospital for heart problems.

The way I understand it, once a person has it, it remains in their system for life and can reoccur many times.

Well everybody, it seems that Nella is not out of the woods yet! She has a stomach ache again, and other symptoms associated with CDiff not having been eradicated! We are sending in more cultures to be tested, and hoping that we can do something before it becomes full blown again! We can not take another trip through the hospital system again, it's too hard on her!! Thanks for the prayers everyone, I hope we're not going to need em!!

Oh my , Big hugs from us here at home, Treva and I are keeping her in our prayers, Praying for wisdom, Strength and healing in your home cosgig

Damn cosgig, I was hoping things were headed in the right direction. Hang in there and stay strong. Prayers from my family to yours.

sorry to read this setback, praying for it to get out of her system and for Nella to get back to doing the things she loves to do. Please keep us posted. Prayers going out for all of your family. I know the stress has to be awful, Joe

Man, so sorry to hear she is having a bad go of it again. Maybe a dose of that Kentucky Blue ribbon honey will make her stomach ache go away! Prayers sent!

-
Back