Please say a prayer for Nella

-
Prayers for Nella. I've always hoped to meet you and family in person one day. Life is full of ups and downs. Praying for ups for Nella.

Howdy gang, cosgig here!! I don't usually post personal things online, but just wanted you all to know that Nella is very sick, and has been in the hospital for the past week! She's actually been sick since the day after her grad party in June, but she has taken some very dangerous turns in the past week now! So, if you could say a little prayer for her I would appreciate it very much, and to those of you who are waiting for shipping quotes for your parts, I'm trying my best to work in packing everything up in what time I have at home!! Thanks for understanding, and Ill do
My best to keep everyone I formed about their stuff, and about how Nella is doing!! She just went down for her 3rd CT in a week!!! God bless you all!! Geof
GOD Bless your family Geof!!

Geof You and nella are and have been in my prayers, You are the kind of Dad everybody deserves, I will always keep you in my thoughts and prayers for the wonderful person You are
Wagg's

Geof,

Very sorry to read this. I know I'm late to reading this, but prayers sent.

Howdy everybody, Geof here! I just wanted to update everybody on how Nella is doing! She has been trying her best to keep an even keel in the last couple months! Her time has finally come to go in for her FMK procedure on Monday, and we are hoping that it finally vanquishes her CDiff for good! It has a 96% success rate, so we are feeling very hopeful that it will be the last step in this very long saga! We were hoping to have the procedure all done by Christmas, but in typical clerical folly, they lost our check for the medicine, which is not covered by her insurance, so after 3 weeks and no response from them, we had to call and see what was the delay! We sent out another check the same day, and on the way back from mailing the new check, they called and "found the check in a pile of unopened mail"! No biggie right, they just put off a sick little girl's possible cure for almost 2 months!!! Not to mention that her insurance company denied paying for her antibiotics because we were using our local pharmacy, instead of driving all the way to the hospital to pick them up there! I don't know how, but they were $1400 for 15 days through our local pharmacy, but only $385 at the hospital!! So, it's ok, we'll just bundle her up in the winter and drive to the hospital to pick up pills!! That's our medical system at work!!!

So anyway, I will update everybody when the procedure is done and hopefully have a very positive conclusion to this whole ordeal! Your thoughts and prayers have really made a difference in our spiritual strength, and thanks will ever be enough to show how much you all mean to us! Hopefully our next post will include a big smile and one of Nellas supercyber hugs for you all!! Enjoy your weekend everybody!! Geof and Nella

Our continued prayers for Nella and for your family, Geof. May G-d watch over her and her caregivers and grant her good health!

G-d bless,

Harry and Family

thanks for the update, doubling up on the prayers

Hopefully the last step on a trail too long. Expecting the very best and looking forward to a cyberhug, the next best thing to being there! God bless.

Thoughts and prayers and I can second the success rate, like I stated before we do them at my hospital with awesome results. Good luck to you and Nella.

Last edited:
Geof, thank you for the update. Thoughts and prayers for tomorrow, for you and Nella.

Treva and I are sending out positive thoughts and our prayers go out to all the doctors and nurses to use there very best wisdom to see this threw, and we have kept Nella and all the family in our prayers each day.. Hugs sent out to Nella, Nella ! Feel the strength of faith that this will be behind you very soon, stay brave young lady ! We all love you very much. Your uncle Mike in Arkansas

Not to mention that her insurance company denied paying for her antibiotics because we were using our local pharmacy, instead of driving all the way to the hospital to pick them up there!

When you're through with the procedure, fight the 'won't pay' with the insurance company...I bet if you get after them, they'll come around...they have one or two layers of people whose job is to say 'no' reflexively...be polite, but persistent. Explain the situation. Good luck on all of it! Get better, Nella!!

Howdy everyone, Geof here! Id like to update everyone again about Nellas procedure!! She had her FMT procedure done last Monday, which went pretty well considering how wiggly she can be! The Dr's called the procedure a success and gave us a 2-7 day window to look for changes in her intestinal system without the antibiotic regimen she's been doing! I can safely report that although she and her mom might beg to differ, her sh*t does in fact stink!! That is actually a good sign, which means that she is now full of bacteria instead of being scrubbed clean by the antibiotics! I know, it sounds backwards to me, but that is the way it was described to me, a complete medical flunky!!

However, it seems that it's not all good news, whenever she was taken off the antibiotics before, she would get abdominal pains after about 5 days from the CDiff bacteria growing unabated, and only more antibiotics would keep that at bay!! It has been 9 days and she has been complaining about her tummy hurting!! We are just hoping that it is something else, but today Wendy is on the horn with the Dr's to schedule a checkup, so there is another trip to the U in her immediate future! Hopefully it's nothing, and Wendy thinks it's not CDiff related, but were very gun shy now and are taking every precaution!!

So, there's the latest, and I'll keep you all informed about anything we find!! Thanks again for all your prayers and thoughts, they really help!! Geof

Thanks for the update Geof. Thoughts and prayers with you and your family as always!!

-
Back