Plum Crazy Pearl

-

plumkrazee70

Reaction score
I am going to paint my dart Plum Crazy Pearl (PHG, I believe is the code) its the newer plum crazy color.

My question is can I paint my hood now and the car later or is it like a metallic where you should paint everything at the same time?

The hood is gonna get gloss black in the middle and purple on the sides. Like this.

20161001_191121.jpg

Paint it all at once. Your kidding yourself if you think someone can color match it 6 months down the road.

Humidty, air pressure, distance all make a difference. Smae batch or not ur playing w fire. Paint it all at once and b happy

Plus one for all at once...I mixed Plum Crazy with a silver metallic...rubbed through the colour coat while wet sanding it...too easy- Ive got some left for touch ups....mistake...we sprayed this thing 4 more times and got a different shade each time...it aint cool

Just curious is it the metallic or the pearl that makes it unrepeatable to spray? Is it ok to paint in sections with just regular single stage urethane? The reason I ask is I had planned on painting the engine bay first before I paint the rest of the car that way I can get the engine in and get it running before painting the whole car.

Just curious is it the metallic or the pearl that makes it unrepeatable to spray? Is it ok to paint in sections with just regular single stage urethane? The reason I ask is I had planned on painting the engine bay first before I paint the rest of the car that way I can get the engine in and get it running before painting the whole car.

I am learning about Pearls, but metallic needs to be sprayed all at once. For the bay, I am not sure It would matter too much to spray it first then the body later. Because of its relation to the body.

U can paint the engine bay no problems. Reason being u have different angles and lighting so u will never see a difference

You can paint under the hood, engine compartment, inside trunk, and even the door jambs ahead of time. Almost everybody does. But for outside body panels that are going to be viewed from the same angle (i.e. top of hood & top of fender, or side of door and side of fender...) you will be much better off spraying them all at once. Unless you can exactly match the 100 or so variables that effect how the paint goes on, and how the metallic/pearl particles "lay", spray them all at once. If the paint were a solid color with no metallic, usually you can do whatever you want... Usually.

You can paint under the hood, engine compartment, inside trunk, and even the door jambs ahead of time. Almost everybody does. But for outside body panels that are going to be viewed from the same angle (i.e. top of hood & top of fender, or side of door and side of fender...) you will be much better off spraying them all at once. Unless you can exactly match the 100 or so variables that effect how the paint goes on, and how the metallic/pearl particles "lay", spray them all at once. If the paint were a solid color with no metallic, usually you can do whatever you want... Usually.
You go to a car show and look at the cars. You can easily tell the ones that were painted apart.

If u do paint the doors off please dont lay them flat 2 spray. Hang em like they r on the car. Same w fenders

-
Back