Poll: Which End of the Garage is the "Back" and Why?

Per the explanation below, is the wall with the door going into house the BACK or FRONT of Garage?

• Back

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • Front

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
-
I can see where some might figure the front and back of the property dictates front and back of said buildings...for example I call the land behind my garage the "back 40" but its at the back of the property. it also isn't 40 anything it may be 400 sq yards

I have road frontage on 2 sides of my garage, but the overhead doors don’t face either road! Now what do I do? For a balance, the door from the garage to the house faces the main road, but it’s on the furthest wall from that road. Now, to make matters even easier, about 10 years ago the twp changed my address from one road to the other, and assigned me a new address on the road that the driveway comes off of. Great, no problem, except that my homeowners insurance would no longer cover my house because they thought I moved. They were sending my statement to the old address, which had passed the 6 month date to alert your bill senders before they just start returning your mail to the PO. So, they cancelled my insurance. Having fun yet? ……

On a good note tho, the garage doors face the lake!

7BE8437D-6F47-4E43-A494-776C5E2ED9E2.jpeg

The back is whichever end I say it is, because I said so, dammit.

If the garage has 2 doors, then you consider it with the house's front or back. Lol.

Regardless of poll results we'll never truly get a consensus on this. It's just too confusing, at least it appears to be with my setup.
The front of my house faces the street, which is south. The overhead-door side of my garage faces the alley; that's north. Most approach my garage from the front of the house, but by the "drive in" definition, my house and garage would be back to back. I either say "walk-through door side" or "overhead door side", or for friends very famliar with my house, "north wall' or "south wall" because even they wonder exactly what I mean when I say "back wall"--which to me, inherently means the one furthest from the overhead door.
Yikes! I'll have to start a whole new thread just for your garage! :thumbsup: :lol::rofl:

Used to be a (now completely reworked) major street here, you went off the "straight" part of the street and it evolved into a curve into a neighborhood at sort of a "T" shall we say, where you had to turn one way or t' other, ---or end up in a private yard.

So I used to have a neighor, he was a trying to become reformed biker, held a job, she was a drunk/ druggie/ not reformed anything. They had a 63 Falcon that he started getting ready for paint, over time. Bodywork here, bodywork there, primer this and that, and finally one day it showed up all fresh paint and no bumpers.

About 2 days later it was GONE

Turns out his wife and her girlfriend went out and got drunk, ran off the end of that street, through the yard, and up right through the wrong end of the garage, pretty much parking that Falcon in somebody else's garage--from the back

It also turns out that whoever (now) owned it had just bought it, and was moving in, and had the garage full of furniture. "Had"

-
Back