Polygraphite Suspension Kit

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I've decided to install a complete polygraphite kit in my Dart. I was thinking of ordering it from Espo's for $220. Any other sources or suggestions on who / where I should get it? Thinking about a set of KYB shocks too....I have this set-up in my Barracuda and it rides great!

Yeah, I know....here we go again.
emba0002.gif

My suggestion is to syat with plain rubber. I had tons of problems with the poly lower control arm bushings.

AdamR said:
My suggestion is to syat with plain rubber. I had tons of problems with the poly lower control arm bushings.

When I did the Barracuda's front end I retained the stock lower bushings because the poly's back out over time. The rest of the bushings in the front end and my leaf springs are polygraphite. They're quiet and they really tighten up the old *****....

I checked ESPO's site and they advertise the kit at $220, which is about what I paid 5 yrs. ago with the B`cuda. Just wondering if there was a better deal elsewhere, although I'll probably just go with ESPO. They did my rear springs and were a pleasure to deal with.

GoodysGotaCuda said:
http://www.p-s-t.com/mopar/mocatalog.html

just make sure you check the competition, idk how they are price wise though. just figured id post the link.

Hmm... PST is $30 higher than ESPO's for the same kit. I have to wonder if it's all the same parts suppliers re-boxed for each vendor. After all, not many people are producing A body stuff.

I'll call in the morning and ask questions, such as if the parts are Moog or TRW or.....

Thanks for the reply.

FASTBACK340 said:
Hmm... PST is $30 higher than ESPO's for the same kit. I have to wonder if it's all the same parts suppliers re-boxed for each vendor. After all, not many people are producing A body stuff.

I'll call in the morning and ask questions, such as if the parts are Moog or TRW or.....

Thanks for the reply.

Good question, be interesting to see. I used PST's leaf spring kit and was pretty happy nice stuff. Came with the metal sleeves which you want to check if ESPO supplies those as well. They also have free shipping, or last i saw. :toothy7:

GoodysGotaCuda said:
Good question, be interesting to see.

Speaking of seeing something, maybe I missed it about the Mopar Muscle young gun feature you mention in your signature. Was this discussed and I missed it, or is this info you just learned?

Either way, congrats Mike!

Ok john i know you probably won't want to here this but i used the poly set from ESPO when i rebuilt the front suspenion in my Scamp and it's gonna all come back out!
The reason ever since i can't keep the front-end in alignment and everything is new!
I had it aligned at a couple different places thinking maybe they did something wrong when aligning it but within a month or 2 it's back out of alignment.
The only thing i can come up with is it has to be the poly bushings!
I'm not trying to bad mouth ESPO they are very nice people to deal with i have dealt with them personally because they are only about 20 minutes from me.

I'm leaning towards the P-S-T kit.... the kit in my Barracuda was a P-S-T now that I think about it, and the little it's been driven (on goat trails that pass for NYC streets....) the car tracks straight & true down the road.

When it runs....

FASTBACK340 said:
Speaking of seeing something, maybe I missed it about the Mopar Muscle young gun feature you mention in your signature. Was this discussed and I missed it, or is this info you just learned?

Either way, congrats Mike!

Got a call a couple mornings from there. Wasn't quite discussed on this board, figure its more suited for cuda-challenger.com since its a ebody lol. But i should make a post on it in general. Issue will be out next month, sending me $250 for TTI :toothy7:

My P-S-T kit in my '73 Cuda has been in for years without a problem. Then again, it hasn't seen a ton of miles, but plenty of miles.

I called P-S-T this afternoon and was told that I could wind up with American made parts...or "not American" parts. They also assured me of their unconditional warranty on their parts. So what did I do?

I bought a Super Kit with everything. :toothy5: The salesman also informed me that A bodies NO LONGER come with a poly lower control arm bushings. I guess they received enough complaints to eliminate it from the package!

Should have these parts by Friday. Follow-up to follow... or something like that.:scratch:

Yup, those Poly lowers dont fit well at all. Way loose. I swapped mine out for a set of rubbers and some adjustable strut rod bars last year, what a differance. To bad its all scattered across the garage floor now.

I just bought Moog and Spicer (made by Dana) hole front end, sorry, not hole end but the the pushings, upper and lower ball joints and every thing else which belong to the '66 Dodge Dart STW front end...
It cost almost 500 dollars but every pushing, balljoints and etc is made in a America, no chiny´s bullshit here...
And this is a funny side of this:
I live in Finland, Thousands of miles of America, next to russia, i went a local (we have two speedshops over here) speedshop and get everything at once...
Holy f*cking cow, i was a one happy Dart owner...

isnt there a different kinda of bushings that are better for handling but squeek? i want my cuda to handle but i guess i also dont want it to be all squeek, correct me if im wrong, i thinking kyb shocks(sugest for best) and a bushing kit prolly the same one John got

1966 dart wagon said:
isnt there a different kinda of bushings that are better for handling but squeek? i want my cuda to handle but i guess i also dont want it to be all squeek, correct me if im wrong, i thinking kyb shocks(sugest for best) and a bushing kit prolly the same one John got

PST as mentioned, has PolyGRAPHITE (not Eurothane) that does not sqeak.

I'm actually sticking with a high-end rubber rebuild kit for my car. $185 from ESPO Norris Mc-Quay, TRW, or Moog. And $75 more for the big C-body 11/16ths Tie Rod ends/adjuster sleeves. $40 for new cam bolts and $170 for tools. $470 outta get me a pretty decent front end. :salute:

-
Back