Ported Slant 6 head

-
You're right.

I'm glad you agree! :D

Having agreed on that, would you like to expound on the rationale behind your desire to do this?

I, for one, would like to know what I'm missing here. Maybe you want to build a Bonneville racer to set some top speed Class records there. A 170 cubic inch turbocharged slant six would be a killer, there!!!!

NHRA doesn't have a class for forced-induction slant sixes (I have already investigated that,) but I'd bet that there are other possibilities I don't know about.

How about filling us in????:prayer:

Bill I could be mistaken but I've read alot of post from stroker and I believe he's looking to do a tribute build for a lost friend

Just a observation I could be wrong
Aaron

StrokerScamp Kool tread looks like a nice port job on /6 head not to dis your flow number but now I see why it's hard to build power with /6 what do you figure you'll be getting out her 250-280hp. I always wanted to find early a body 4 door granny car a built /6 sleeper like a 200+hp /6 that looks dead stock with a big shot of NOS hidden under the valve cover.

Bill I could be mistaken but I've read alot of post from stroker and I believe he's looking to do a tribute build for a lost friend

Just a observation I could be wrong
Aaron

That's absolutely correct.

StrokerScamp Kool tread looks like a nice port job on /6 head not to dis your flow number but now I see why it's hard to build power with /6 what do you figure you'll be getting out her 250-280hp. I always wanted to find early a body 4 door granny car a built /6 sleeper like a 200+hp /6 that looks dead stock with a big shot of NOS hidden under the valve cover.

I'm hoping to get toward 300. Regardless, it will be fun in a 2600 pound car with 4.30 gears. lol

I'm glad you agree! :D

Having agreed on that, would you like to expound on the rationale behind your desire to do this?

I, for one, would like to know what I'm missing here. Maybe you want to build a Bonneville racer to set some top speed Class records there. A 170 cubic inch turbocharged slant six would be a killer, there!!!!

NHRA doesn't have a class for forced-induction slant sixes (I have already investigated that,) but I'd bet that there are other possibilities I don't know about.

How about filling us in????:prayer:

The 170 build has nothing to do with my tribute to Bruce (RIP). I am going to turbo it later on because it's what I have left.

I'm just curious, and I used to want to hotrod my slant 6 real bad...

Why don't the EFI conversions just use motorcycle throttle bodies and a side-draft manifold, instead of the carburetor-style manifold and carb-style downdraft throttle body?

It seems it would be pretty easy to make an intake for side-drafts...

I'm just curious, and I used to want to hotrod my slant 6 real bad...

Why don't the EFI conversions just use motorcycle throttle bodies and a side-draft manifold, instead of the carburetor-style manifold and carb-style downdraft throttle body?

It seems it would be pretty easy to make an intake for side-drafts...

there are a couple side draft intakes... there is one cast by lynx and clifford that uses 3 SU carbs and another to use webers...

i like the SU carbs and know how to tune them so i would have no issue in doing so... its just kinda pain to switch over to them

I wish I could. I'd love to have it. The budget won't allow another project though...much less shippin that thing across the country. lol

-
Back