Ported Slant 6 head

-
Got the slant head back saturday afternoon. It is finished, competition valve job and all. It did pick up a few mor CFM on the new flow sheet. Now it's flowing 179.1 @ .400 lift. You can go back and compare. I'll post pics of the flow sheet and head when I get rested. I am very happy with Jerry's work. It was a long weekend.

StrokerScamp

that is a very interesting tip,, to take compression checks as part of the cam timing process. I would have never thought of that,, but the logic makes great sense!

.....are you working the cam timing with the engine in chassy,, that can't be fun.. or do you have a test stand set up? I would like to make one of those out of a spare K frame

It depends. I usually try to do it on the engine stand.

It's comin slow. The head is all I have gotten done so far. I gotta get the block bored and decked, install rod bolts and the rods resized and bushed. Then get it all balanced. Easier said than afforded right now.

Very impressive and also very exciting. Please let us know how it goes. I just started looking into porting my 225/6 head as well and I stumbled upon your thread. Very cool sir. I'd be very satisfied of I could get something like that going on my slant.

Got the slant head back saturday afternoon. It is finished, competition valve job and all. It did pick up a few mor CFM on the new flow sheet. Now it's flowing 179.1 @ .400 lift. You can go back and compare. I'll post pics of the flow sheet and head when I get rested. I am very happy with Jerry's work. It was a long weekend.
Hello Rob,
Post up the flow sheet and pictures...PLEASE.....
We need some Slant **** !!!(Pictures of the car too.)
LOL
Justin about to start on my slant head and of course I need info so I can be 1-2 cfm more than yours.....LOL
Here is a picture of my 63 Dart.
Well off to work....
Martin

Attachments

• DSCN1126.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 482
  • DSCN1132.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 472
  • DSCN1131.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 477
Ok. I'll get it out tonight and get some pics and post the new flow sheet. Love your car. I wish mine was that solid. It will be.

So it is officially a race to finish!!! :burnout::burnout::burnout:
LOL
It is pretty solid though, but still needs lower quarters on both sides,trunk is great due that someone spilled a quart of oil or two...
Talk to you later,
Martin

I'll have to get the card back out, but it was like .480ish and 230 @.050 on a 105 LSA. I also have found some higher ratio rockers that are a bolt on by just boring the shaft holes out. More on that when I get somethin in hand.

I'll have to get the card back out, but it was like .480ish and 230 @.050 on a 105 LSA. I also have found some higher ratio rockers that are a bolt on by just boring the shaft holes out. More on that when I get somethin in hand.

nice... what was the power band supposed to be? idle to 5800?

After all this $$$$, it better be from idle to when I take my foot off.

lol yea... im just curious as were starting a pro touring 73 dart with a slant... a car i traded my dad for the 68.... already have .910 bars, a sway bar, and 2x 003 leaf springs... looking to throw 235-60-16 under it all the way around...

any ways i wanted to see how your cam acted and if maybe i would want to take some duration out... only want a 5500 motor...

Keep in mind too, that RPM ain't all camshaft. Intake design, exhaust header tube length and diameter and not to mention cylinder head port size and shape all play a role. Not to mention carburetor size and ignition timing. I'm stoked. I caint afford it, but I'm sendin the block out to be bored. That'll be motivation to get the $$ together.

Keep in mind too, that RPM ain't all camshaft. Intake design, exhaust header tube length and diameter and not to mention cylinder head port size and shape all play a role. Not to mention carburetor size and ignition timing. I'm stoked. I caint afford it, but I'm sendin the block out to be bored. That'll be motivation to get the $$ together.

well i know but cam is a huge factor... i was thinkin of a 230 @ .050 cam of sorts...

Here's the finished head. Hope yall appreciate that I dragged that heavy **** out. lol I'll get the updated flow sheet posted soon. You can really see the big 318 valves. The valve springs are new stock 440 Magnum springs set up at 1.80 installed height at 130 seat pressure.

Attachments

• DSCF2243.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 441
  • DSCF2244.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 414
  • DSCF2245.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 442
  • DSCF2246.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 412
  • DSCF2247.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 443
  • DSCF2248.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 461
That is beautiful !!!
Mine weighted 95 lbs. wood boxed to ship !!!
Happy for ya Rob,You are one step closer !
Martin

Yes, and I am loading the block, pistons and rods up tommorow to get bored and rods bushed and resized with new rod bolts. Then I can assemble a motor.

BTW fellas, thanks for the kind words.

I've talked to Rance a couple of times. Once very recently and he is supposed to be sending some info on it. He simple said to me, "If you have a laptop and know what rich and lean is, you can install and program my systems".

WEll, there you go; I don't even own a laptop... :)

But, I know what rich is... and, it ain't ME... :disgust:

Here's the finished head. Hope yall appreciate that I dragged that heavy **** out. lol I'll get the updated flow sheet posted soon. You can really see the big 318 valves. The valve springs are new stock 440 Magnum springs set up at 1.80 installed height at 130 seat pressure.
Sorry, but that's just TOO NICE to put on a car!!! I mean it!

SS, seeing as how I like how your head turned out,I may try to convince the wife that while we're making our expedition this summer,I will drop my 2nd head off for port and polish and maybe get lucky and be able to swing back by and pick it up on our way back home !!!:blob::blob::blob::blob: So we'd have to stop and say hey,it would be great to meet more of the people from FABO !! We should be headed out somewhere around the beginning of June.If everything goes as planned,that is !!!!

SS, seeing as how I like how your head turned out,I may try to convince the wife that while we're making our expedition this summer,I will drop my 2nd head off for port and polish and maybe get lucky and be able to swing back by and pick it up on our way back home !!!:blob::blob::blob::blob: So we'd have to stop and say hey,it would be great to meet more of the people from FABO !! We should be headed out somewhere around the beginning of June.If everything goes as planned,that is !!!!

That would be cool. We'd have to hog down some artery cloggin stuff at the waffle house.

-
Back