Possible Dart Charger

-
Nice car. Yes, that's a true factory Dartcharger. It's built in Los Angeles L455 and it sequense number is 70422 and build date 202, February 2, 1965.

A great car to start out with. I wonder if the car was equipped with the fender badges or if the old owner took them away and spot welded the holes Before he repainted it. It should be seen thru the front of the doors towards the splash shield.

I have a couple of questions, Duals? and 999 on the fender tag, painted that color?

I have a couple of questions, Duals? and 999 on the fender tag, painted that color?

and edelbrock intake? jury rigged carb setup?

I'd have to go back and look at the ad, but didn't it say minor mods? I guess duals (instead of the HiPo Commando exhaust system) and Edelbrack intake qualifies as mods.

Somewhere in Ulfs thread, he mentions DartChargers had the paint code 999 and some other 99 number as well as later the 881 code. I'm sure he has that information.

EDIT: just went back to the ad and it says "small upgrades".

I'd have to go back and look at the ad, but didn't it say minor mods? I guess duals (instead of the HiPo Commando exhaust system) and Edelbrack intake qualifies as mods.

Somewhere in Ulfs thread, he mentions DartChargers had the paint code 999 and some other 99 number as well as later the 881 code. I'm sure he has that information.

EDIT: just went back to the ad and it says "small upgrades".

As Don said, all factory Dartchargers had 991 or 999 for paint code. That indicates special order. Since Chrysler offered the light yellow as a spring color from March 1965 there wasn't a paint code for the light yellow. That means that all Dartchargers from September of 64 up to March of 1965 has999 or 991. Cars that got the light yellow paint from March up to late July in 65 got the paint code 881 instead on the fendertag.

Ok on paint that's cool. But the rear valance has 2 cut outs. Should not it have the one large cut out? And I know they added duals, but I guess they made the 2 340 style cut outs. I would have liked to see 2 large cut outs, with the big resonators. That would be cool....

I wonder what the black part on the firewall above the blower motor is. My 65 273 2bbl doesn't have anything there.

-
Back