Post/debate your stroker small block builds here

-
Here's my Junk,

360 block, pump gas, 10.8:1 compression, 410 ci
Eagle 4.00 steel crank, Scat I-beams, Diamond pistons, total seal rings (file fit),
ARP main/head studs, Edelbrock heads stage II ported by Ryan J @ shadydell,
Small solid roller 248/254 duration w/ .576/.582 lift, Airgap (soon to be replaced w/ Victor),
Proform 750 dp (soon to be replaced w/ 950 dp)

Probably around 520 hp, street driven with an 8 inch converter that is a little looser than it should be. All through 3 inch muffs.

Lost track of the cost…but it wasn’t cheap. Still tuning, times are in sig.

950 How about a 825 demon

R1 Block stroked to a 416 with W9 phil colman ported heads.
custom CP pistons
carrillo rods
custom cam

pump fuel 93 oct... 11:1 CR

Here is my 410 stroker build,

72 360 block

.040 0ver

9.5 CR

ported polished 587 heads w/2,02 ss valves

comp cam 230/236 488/491 lift
1.5 rockers
rpm air gap, gasket matched

770 holley street avaenger
MSD e curve dist/coil wires

double roller chair w/ tensioner

rear sump pan (dakota)

scat rods/crank

forged pistions

904 trans, with low gear set, 4 clutch disc. 2800 stall, TF2 shift kit, wider band,4.2 kick down from a and a trans..

hooker headers, 1 5/8 x 3in collectors

x pipe

dynomax mufflers

3.73 gears..

HV oil pump..

lokar kick down,

89 dodge truck acell cable
p/s p/b and air

120 amp alt

B and M shifter
all stuffed in a 96 dakota short box.

anyone know a suggested HP level??

I haven't built mine yet but I should be able to do the short block for well under $2K since I already have a block, MP cast crank, file fit rings (+.065) and Eagle H beam rods. It's going to be a stock block though with main and head studs, maybe a Hughes girdle, tall filled with Hard Block and lightweight Venolia custom pistons at 12.5. With my W5 heads and cam I would expect in the area of 650HP +/- 20 or so. Will this stuff take it? I don't see why not. I think if you are careful with it, it should last. I always warm my engine up to 180* then cool it back down before I ever go WOT on it. Always put it in neutral after a run and never free rev it past about 3500 RPM. It's mostly a foot brake car but I do use the transbrake on special occassions.

I have been looking around at available short blocks and engines and you can buy 450 CID engines and shortblocks from Indy, and Muscle Motors is selling a 500 CID small block with a 4.5" arm. Wish I had the money to just buy that and be done with it. Of course my 8.75 rear would need to be upgraded probably.

-
Back