Post your 325/50/15 wheel and tire combos

-
Yes, it gets you the same width clearance but not ride height clearance because the factory outside wheel well rolls in away from the quarter and you cant tuck the tire up in quite as far or they rub. heres a pic of my car at ride height...... this tire is taller and wider than a 325/50R15 by about 1" each way and I have lots of room to spare....... actually I wish I could find a little wider tire

Ross I love the look... I'm pretty sure my 68 Darts wheel well is different than your Duster though, right? I know I can get the tie under it but how low can I go with it? I like the ride height of the last pics u showed.. I'm wanting to order the wheels and tires tomorrow so I can start narrowing the rear. I'm really torn between the 325 and the 315's. I think the 315 are a little taller. I will be moving the rear back 3/4" to give some room up front.

Are you saying that the limiting factor in ride height is the front to back area of the wheel well? What size wheels are you running 15X12" Looks sic.. that is the exact stance I'd like to have for street cruising.

lots more room under the duster , more forgiving , got to be more precise with the dart

Ross I love the look... I'm pretty sure my 68 Darts wheel well is different than your Duster though, right? I know I can get the tie under it but how low can I go with it? I like the ride height of the last pics u showed.. I'm wanting to order the wheels and tires tomorrow so I can start narrowing the rear. I'm really torn between the 325 and the 315's. I think the 315 are a little taller. I will be moving the rear back 3/4" to give some room up front.

Are you saying that the limiting factor in ride height is the front to back area of the wheel well? What size wheels are you running 15X12" Looks sic.. that is the exact stance I'd like to have for street cruising.

My combo on this particular car is 17"x11" with 4" b.s. and the 390/40R17 M & H Racemasters, the limiting factor to dropping the car for that chassis car look is the outer wheel well, on a Duster if you take a ruler on the inside of the quarter panel lip and go up you wont get very far before you hit the curve of the outer wheel well, as far as front to rear clearance I notched the front lip about 3/4" for a little more room and my triangulated 4 link suspension arms have pleanty of adjustment to dial in the location front to rear.

Attachments

• duster 004.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 1,959
  • duster 005.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 1,860
  • duster 006.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 1,971
again I know from previous post and forum members I can get a 325 under it but how low can I get the ride height? I'm going with a similar 4 link as Mad Dart, but would like the ride height of 76 orangewagons Duster. Is this possible?

how low can you drop ur car Brian?

I'm not sure. I've only had in on the road a couple of weeks. It sits pretty low in the back as it is right now. I've put about a hundred miles on it with no rubbing, but I haven't had anyone in the back seat yet.

Dart2012007Medium.jpg

I'd like it to sit a little lower 1-2 " are those street lites?

Mine will go all the way down and put the lip of the rim under the wheel well at least a few inches. All I have to do is lower the bottom shock mount to the lower hole in the bracket. I still have about 2.5"" in the clear on the inner tub.

I'm not sure. I've only had in on the road a couple of weeks. It sits pretty low in the back as it is right now. I've put about a hundred miles on it with no rubbing, but I haven't had anyone in the back seat yet.

Dart2012007Medium.jpg

Your car looks Bad ***! I like it!

Mine will go all the way down and put the lip of the rim under the wheel well at least a few inches. All I have to do is lower the bottom shock mount to the lower hole in the bracket. I still have about 2.5"" in the clear on the inner tub.

nice man.. I'm excited to hear that.. I wish u had a pic like that. I guess I'm going to pull the trigger on it tomorrow.

Your lucky your building a Dart since thier Quarter panels around the wheel well's are squared off or flat on top that helps with the lowered look of tucking the wheel up in the car more.

These are 325-50s on 10" wheels with 3 3/4" backspace. Tubbed and springs relocated. The car was set up for 29x14.50 slicks so there is a ton of room.
SDC11934-1.jpg

Here's my 325/50/15 with 5.5" backspace. The 4 link allows the car to roll really bad in turns. When it rolls , the inside of the tires rub and make a real nice SCREEEEEEEECCCHHH sound. I'm having to install an anti-roll bar to keep it from doing that. But vertically, the tires will go pretty far before they touch the wheel tubs.

Here is ride height.

Haydens5thb-day148.jpg

And here is sunk down.

063-1.jpg

Here is my '69 Dart w/MT 325/50/15's on 10X15 steel wheels w/ 7 1/2" back space. This whole big tire thing all started with traction or the lack of.

Attachments

• 1013131657b.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 1,591
  • 1013131657a.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 1,304
  • 1013131656.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 1,318
  • 0907131201a.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,402
  • 1013131658.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 1,321
-