power brake problem

-

dusterbd13

Reaction score
finished bleeding the power brake swap tonight. used booster, new master. new check valve.

when i fired up the car, the pedal sank to the floor, and has no movement in it whatsoever. shut off the car, and after a while, the pedal came back up. did it a few times. im trying to figure out whats wrong.

i havent let the car come off the choke yet, as my family is asleep and its got 3 inch pipes. (my garage is in the basement)

my theories:
1. bad booster
2. not enough manifold vacuum due to being on the choke
3. check valve working backwards?

let me know what you think. hoping to have it drivable for the last week of nice weather here.

michael

You may want to look at the brakes and make sure they are provided. Three things I do not want screws. Tires, brakes and steering. This thing must be right.

With all due respect, I've found that not ordering the optional brake system does not lead to optimal operational performance. I've also learned, over the years, that having screws in the brake system does not improve operational integrity

it wound up being a bad booster. when i replaced it, i started another thread about the improper functioning characteristics with a low pedal, no travel between barely on and full lock, etc.

i had figured out that the push rod was not adjusted properly.

also, uve never seen a return spring on my pedals. it was an origonal 4 speed manual brake car. is there one for power brakes, and do you have any drawings, pictures, etc?

Michael

The return spring is in the master cylinder, doesn't matter if its power or manual the pedal is the same.

-
Back