Prayers Needed

-
I have two friends who got Covid Pneumonia.
They both got it within days of each other. Tom smoked a pack a day, Bob never did.
I went to Tom's funeral at the end of May. Bob spent a couple of months in rehab.
Doctor told Bob if he'd smoked, he wouldn't have made it. Stuff is bad news, do what you're told to do.
Sorry for the Loss of Your Friend, Gun.... that sucks Yessir, the Complications can be Crap. On the good news I got a real good sense of smell cuz I can't smoke a damn thing and I don't want to!

UPDATE : first off, I wanna Thank Each and Every ONE OF you and Your Families/ significant others for helping me. Because Y'all Did! I should have responded to everybody's stuff as I got them, but there were some times that I didn't even really look at the phone much, I just kind of sat/ paced in that room and was thinking to much. So I went through and Attempted to reply to EVERYONE tonight. If I Somehow missed Someone, please don't take it personally, it wasn't intentional, You ARE Graciously Thanked and Appreciated as well!!!!! That's what happens when hyperactive busybodys don't have things to do I guess...
So

Last edited:
Here's the Deal, so Far. Got home last night. The pulmonary lung doctor said I could go if I pass a walk test. The internal medicine doctor wanted me to stay for another day. I really wanted to cruise, so with some oxygen increasing breathing practice, and a slow 6 minute walk. I passed. So the internal medicine guy ordered another chest x-ray. He finally cleared me to split. I did not leave against medical advice that would be kind of wrong, after asking for all the prayers of healing. Last night was pretty damned, hellish and I about went back to the hospital. Heck, when I got there Saturday evening, the ER doctor told me, another day or two I'd be deader than a doornail anyhow... took my steroids today, my antibiotics ( two of them) and did some breathing treatments. I did have to hit the rescue inhaler a couple times. When i was in there, I was on a total of four different broad spectrum IV antibiotics. I went out and got a pulse oxygen meter today so I can kind of monitor what's going on here at the house. I still can't run through the hardware store ( I had to get on one of them power carts today.) Thank God fer The Gal! She's tough as nails, ( bout as mean too! Well. Sometimes) in reality I should have stayed the extra day laying around in bed, getting my IV antibiotics, and my 3L of oxygen all day and all night. I just can't sit still that long, plus I've been fighting this at home for 8 weeks, and everything's already slid downhill, although if something happens to me, it's all game over anyhow. Thought I'd take it easy today but I had to go out and help A friend's widowed sister, measure for that job, fix my new pressure washer, go get some paint, ect. I'm hoping tonight I'll actually get some sleep. I didn't get much at the hospital and last night wacked. Almost like I never even went to the hospital bad. I am going to actually do the follow-up doctor, which I never do, I don't know why... (I guess I figure, if I'm good, I'm good?) This one's kind of scary....
I appreciate Each and Everyone of Y'alls Prayers and Uplifting Thoughts that You All sent. I'll keep you guys posted on how things are rolling. If there's Anything I Can Ever do, for Any-one of Y'all, that's in my power, just let me know. I've got a friend of mine that has bone cancer right now, that snaped his femur in half. He was supposed to get out of surgery at 7:30 I keep texting and calling his two brothers, all Gearheads, and I can't get anything or anyone, so I got to roll Y'all! I'm getting Worried 'bout him. THANK YOU ALL and FABO FOR MAKING IT HAPPEN!

Last edited:
Give yourself time to heal man, I get that you're worried about your friend but don't push yourself too hard.
You're Right Brother, at the same time I got to kind of keep the ball rolling at work I can't have Miss Iron do everything... she's a Master Painter and a heck of a pressure washer, but I got some Stucco to do there, too. I'm just going to have to go real, real, slow... As far as the rest of that, Link, you're Absolutely Right! I probably just need to go ahead and shut it down for the evening, say my prayers, and see what comes up tomorrow about Dave cuz walking around in circles, stressing out, ain't going to do me no good. Or Anyone else. Darn good advice and I think I'm going to follow it!

You're Right Brother, at the same time I got to kind of keep the ball rolling at work I can't have Miss Iron do everything... she's a Master Painter and a heck of a pressure washer, but I got some Stucco to do there, too. I'm just going to have to go real, real, slow... As far as the rest of that, Link, you're Absolutely Right! I probably just need to go ahead and shut it down for the evening, say my prayers, and see what comes up tomorrow about Dave cuz walking around in circles, stressing out, ain't going to do me no good. Or Anyone else. Darn good advice and I think I'm going to follow it!
Stress is your worst enemy, particularly if you're already sick, we need you around here for a long while yet, be well, both you and Miss Iron.

Stress is your worst enemy, particularly if you're already sick, we need you around here for a long while yet, be well, both you and Miss Iron.
Thank You Brother Link! I think it's time to Shut it Down for the evening.... I'm whipped. I appreciate you brother

Glad to hear your up doing a few things....Just dont over do it.
You'll be pounding nails before you know it!!!

Footprints in the Sand

One night I dreamed a dream.
As I was walking along the beach with my Lord.
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
One belonging to me and one to my Lord.

After the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that at many times along the path of my life,
especially at the very lowest and saddest times,
there was only one set of footprints.

This really troubled me, so I asked the Lord about it.
"Lord, you said once I decided to follow you,
You'd walk with me all the way.
But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life,
I don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me."

He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you
Never, ever, during your trials and testings.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you."

Finally went to a good ER. Couldn't take choking/ not being able to breathe right, especially when it wakes you up in the middle of the night gasping for air. Every night, for over a month. Anyhow, getting a CT scan, Dr saying blood clots, or maybe worse. It's not simple like Pneumonia. If anyone here feels like Sending Up some Prayers, the Gal and I would highly appreciate it. Thanks Y'all, and God Bless
Done and we will burn sage for you as well!

Footprints in the Sand

One night I dreamed a dream.
As I was walking along the beach with my Lord.
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
One belonging to me and one to my Lord.

After the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that at many times along the path of my life,
especially at the very lowest and saddest times,

This really troubled me, so I asked the Lord about it.
"Lord, you said once I decided to follow you,
You'd walk with me all the way.
But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life,
I don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me."

He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you
Never, ever, during your trials and testings.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you."
Amen Brother

I also had had trouble breathing for couple months, reg doctor was doing no test nothing finally called on line doctor. He immediately took her off as my primary and took over ran so many test.through all of this one test requires a scan (camera) of my throat found a lump 1stage cancer but was not the breathing problem. So first thing first take care of the cancer done. Next was to keep going through all the test found out I have a disease that make it hard to breath( sarcoidosis). Drinking alcohol was a problem also certain foods was a problem Anything that gives you acid reflex. Need to take a steroid when it was hard to breath (prednisone) that helped a lot but takes awhile to kick in but the doctors want to steer you away from long term use. All I can say is be persistent , if I was not persistent they would have not found the cancer before it was to late. Someone was looking over me. But please not being able to not breath is very scary. So keep going to the doctor to figure things out. Jesse, good luck. Hope all works out.

UPDATE : first off, I wanna Thank Each and Every ONE OF you and Your Families/ significant others for helping me. Because Y'all Did! I should have responded to everybody's stuff as I got them, but there were some times that I didn't even really look at the phone much, I just kind of sat/ paced in that room and was thinking to much. So I went through and Attempted to reply to EVERYONE tonight. If I Somehow missed Someone, please don't take it personally, it wasn't intentional, You ARE Graciously Thanked and Appreciated as well!!!!! That's what happens when hyperactive busybodys don't have things to do I guess...
So
I think it’s awesome you took the time to reply to all the folks individually! We genuinely want you to get better. Focus on yourself, your treatments, and getting better. We’ll be here for the encouragement and for when you pull through this!

I played for them for a while...I quit/ got fired. Religious Differences. BIG TIME. I Cannot tell Ya How Many times I've Played the Brass Mug! Countless!

What all do you play? I play guitar, bass, mandolin, banjo and a little cello (don't ask).

-
Back