Pretty rare Early-A

-

robjkc

Reaction score
Saw this car on my way home from work. 64 Dart 170 model w/ V8. Supposedly only 2,200 of these were made.

The lady wants to sell it and asked how much I would give. The floors and rear quarters are pretty rusted so I don't really think I would be able to mess with it since I'm already redoing a 64 GT /6. Probably not worth much more than $500.

Anyway, thought you all might enjoy.

Attachments

• 170-1.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 713
  • 172-2.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 698
  • 170-3.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 687
Early V-8 stick stick shift car, that body does not look that bad.
Is it a 3 or 4-speed?
What shape is that chevy in with the louvers in the hood, some came with factory big blocks in that year.

pushbutton auto....that was a unique idea.....im surprised that a new electronic version of a pushbutton auto has not shown up in a new car.. that would be a different idea to have a new car with a touch screen push button auto.....or even just buttons without the touch screen would be different.

That is what I thought at first, but it looks like it has a clutch petal in the pic.

Too bad that one wasn't around when I started lookin'. I'm a big fan of 64 post cars. lol

I'd give $500 & pick it up next weekend as long as the title is good. Lawrence

That ride is worth way WAY more then $500.00.

No doubt, it's worth more than $500........if you can get it for that you better get it.

You are in luck it's not in C.List... better go get it before some one else does
Not seeing a For Sale sign on it helps..

Btw i dont see the rust your talking bout

It has been painted since the original color is turquoise which make it's a little hard to tell how much rust it has since there could be some filler. The trunk extensions and floor boards seem rusted out as I could feel the carpet. I'd like to open the trunk to take a look.

The current plates are for 2001 so it hasn't run in a while and the odometer reads 50,000 miles.

It would be a cool looking car restored. After having a 64 GT, I sort of like the bare trim look of the 170 model. If I end up with it I can try to pass it along to someone on here.

very few of these made... for someone looking for a unique resto opportunity that would be a good one.

very few of these made... for someone looking for a unique resto opportunity that would be a good one.

That's what interested me in the car. Plus most of the trim is there.

What type of restoration would you do on it? Would the original 273 be worth rebuilding and would replacing the floor be a big deal?

Here's a couple more pics.

Attachments

• 170-4.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 492
  • 170-5.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 494
My friend had one of these in WA. loved it, slant six and a 7.25 SG! $500 is good.

pushbutton auto....that was a unique idea.....im surprised that a new electronic version of a pushbutton auto has not shown up in a new car.. that would be a different idea to have a new car with a touch screen push button auto.....or even just buttons without the touch screen would be different.

You mean what Aston Martin did?

aston-martin-push-start-stop.jpg

If you're not interested in purchasing it, you could always talk to the lady about what she wants for it and put it on FABO for her. Maybe make a buck or two for yourself, help her out, and help another FABO member get a good deal on something that they can restore and enjoy for years to come. Just an idea.

If you're not interested in purchasing it, you could always talk to the lady about what she wants for it and put it on FABO for her. Maybe make a buck or two for yourself, help her out, and help another FABO member get a good deal on something that they can restore and enjoy for years to come. Just an idea.

Good idea. I was just getting ready call her. I'd like to see someone on here bring it back to life.

Just called her and she would like $850. It would be quite a project. The floors are bad as well as some other places on the rear quarters. I guess she lost the air cleaner as well.

If I had the garage space, I'd snap it up in a heartbeat. That's a cool dart. I can't really tell, robjkc, is that a 2bbl or 4bbl carb?

-
Back