Pretty rare Early-A

-
If I had the garage space, I'd snap it up in a heartbeat. That's a cool dart. I can't really tell, robjkc, is that a 2bbl or 4bbl carb?

It's a 2bbl, the only option in 64. Probably not much more power than the /6 for that year.

I did a little more inspection underneath and might be a little too rusty for me. It's all there though. I did a little google search and found out that a place in Michigan makes a lot of replacement panels (floors, quarters,...) for the early A's. There name is Classic 2 Current.

Here's a picture of just behind the rear leaf spring.

Attachments

• 170-6.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 131
  • 170-7.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 125
Darn. I'm glad you took those pics, but I wish it wasn't so rusted underneath. I was hoping to use parts from my B'Cuda to get at least one of the two running...but it doesn't look like that'd be likely :S

I had that problem on my Dart. It wasn't much to fix it. I would definitely rebuild the 273 though, considering its already rare to have one.

It's a 2bbl, the only option in 64. Probably not much more power than the /6 for that year.

I did a little more inspection underneath and might be a little too rusty for me. It's all there though. I did a little google search and found out that a place in Michigan makes a lot of replacement panels (floors, quarters,...) for the early A's. There name is Classic 2 Current.

Here's a picture of just behind the rear leaf spring.
Easy fix for this is a 3 inch spring relocation.Oh the possibilities for this car are endless.I hope a member scoops it up.
View attachment car pics 66 Dart 092.jpg

Neat car! To rusty for me LOL. I turned my second 65 Dart (a 270) into a parts car just because of a little floor rust. And all of my frame rails are like new. My hat is off to people that can tackle such a project, and make it new again. I wish I had the knowhow and patients to do it! I am using my rust on my 270 as an excuse with the wife for turning it into an altered wheel base BB car eventually.

I hope some one grabs up that dart and posts pic of the restoration process!

-
Back