Private Pilot's License (Aircraft)

-

LJS30

Reaction score
Hey do any of you guys have your PPL or higher license for flying? Or do you have an interest in general aviation aircraft? I'm curious to see how many Mopar enthusiasts love muscle both on the ground and in the sky. I am thinking about someday perhaps looking into getting a PPL when financially possible.

Well I use to work for an Aviation magazine. That being said the inital cost is pretty signifigant. LOTS of places out there to get training. Where ya located perhaps I know of a good place near you. Cost is an issue. There are even places that can have you up flying in as little as 2 weeks and put you up.

I have an interest in aviation...used to fly all the time when dad had his plane and liscense...

I am a plane nut. Just love them. My Grandparents worked for Hughes and my mom and her Ex boyfriend Lyle worked at lockheed. He and his friend Mike went in on a half built L-2 Taylorcraft. I have some stick time in it an a few other light aircraft. Was working on my pilot license but never did get it. Just stoped when Lyle was killed in a bike accident. Mike still has the plane and has said I can come up and fly with him just have not made it up there yet. Should e fun when I do. He has uped the HP on it some sense.

Sorry don't have any good picks of it. Just some I took of a model I built of it.

100_4363.jpg

100_4395.jpg

100_4397.jpg

I have a few hours time in a 172. it was easy for me since I've spent countless hours on a desktop simulator. I, like you, would love to get a license when money frees up a little. right now we're saving for a house so it's not practical, but flying around hawaii got me hooked.

Hey do any of you guys have your PPL or higher license for flying? Or do you have an interest in general aviation aircraft? I'm curious to see how many Mopar enthusiasts love muscle both on the ground and in the sky. I am thinking about someday perhaps looking into getting a PPL when financially possible.

The funny thing is I just went to renew my 3rd class medical yesterday.
I started flying in 2007.
Got about 14hrs that summer and "took a break".
I want to actually finish so I got myself a new medical and will start watching my King DVDs soon.
Hopefully I'll pass my ground test before June 1st so I can be back up in the air by then (I want to get the ground out of the way because in my flying club that's a requirement before we can solo).

I have a license with an Instrument Rating and about 500 hours flight time. However, I gave it up many years ago. It's a lot of fun to fly, but very expensive. I previously owned
3 different airplanes but the costs of owning are ridiculous. Anything that has 'airplane' attached to it is going to cost you money.

Do it for a living- fractional in Dallas on a Challenger 300.....
Seldom speed any more....;-)

Never could own one myself, just fly 'em for others...

Yup, commercial single/multi engine with instrument. I only fly a 1966 Citabria 7GCAA (150 HP taildragger with the old oleo landing gear) on nice days now. Have it parked in my back yard and fly off my private category grass strip.

Anybody want to buy a 2 seat Flightstar, cheap?

220px-Flightstar_II_C-IGRH_02.JPG

My High School JV football coach has two biplanes. Said he'd take me out this summer. He's in Florida for Top Gun now. (A huge model airplane show) He builds UAV prototypes for the military. He got me interested in it.

I have a few hours time in a 172. it was easy for me since I've spent countless hours on a desktop simulator. I, like you, would love to get a license when money frees up a little. right now we're saving for a house so it's not practical, but flying around hawaii got me hooked.

Nice, very cool. I'm always on my Flight Simulator and find it extremely fun. However money is always the issue.

The funny thing is I just went to renew my 3rd class medical yesterday.
I started flying in 2007.
Got about 14hrs that summer and "took a break".
I want to actually finish so I got myself a new medical and will start watching my King DVDs soon.
Hopefully I'll pass my ground test before June 1st so I can be back up in the air by then (I want to get the ground out of the way because in my flying club that's a requirement before we can solo).

Good luck on passing that ground test man. Since you're in a flying club aren't the costs of flying much cheaper then renting or owning?

Good idea.

I'm a retired Transport Canada Airworthiness Inspector, Ultra-Lights Instructor and kit builder, Aircraft Maintenance Engineer, FAA A & P on R-22 helicopters to Boeing 224 and just about everything fixed wing. I prefer to fly ultra-lights most of all. Two years ago I sold my Cessna 337 because the cost was getting way too high. I found it more economical to rent when I get the itch but, now I'd rather play with cars and race bar stools.

Attachments

• Brad & 337 YPK.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 181
  • My Boss's Baby & Me.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 197
  • Brad & 58.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 193
I've always wanted to fly since I was a little kid. I grew up in Ohio (home of the Wright Bros), lived across the street (literally) from the Air Force Museum for a little while, and used to be able to name all current and past US military aircraft, and most civilian, not to mention could tell what any given aircraft flying overhead was, by the sound of it's engines.

But alas, lack of being born into the upper middle class, coupled with a sporadic internal motivation system, and a last minute rethink of entering military service, has pretty much dictated a ground life for me.

I have managed to fly in dozens of passenger aircraft, and a few classics from time to time. I even managed to fly a 1945 Piper cub seaplane during a "guest ride", and did manage to bank a few turns without losing altitude, and re-orient the aircraft toward "home" when asked.

I have come close twice to buying a gyro.

I have a 1960's copy of an aeronautics training manual and a 70's AOPA guide.
I used to read those until my head hurt before I was a teenager.
I still learn something every time I open those books.

I've never flown an ultralight before, but was seriously considering it a little while ago. Do you need any type of certification or license to fly one? I looked at used prices and they didn't seem cheap, but now I'm somewhat financially unable to even consider it. However, with that said, whats the average used cost of one of those?

Yup, commercial single/multi engine with instrument. I only fly a 1966 Citabria 7GCAA (150 HP taildragger with the old oleo landing gear) on nice days now. Have it parked in my back yard and fly off my private category grass strip.

Anybody want to buy a 2 seat Flightstar, cheap?

220px-Flightstar_II_C-IGRH_02.JPG

Yep, I had one. Majored in Aerospace Technology in collage but when all the Vets started coming home from Vietnam with 50K heavy jet time I decided I had a pretty bleak chance of getting hired out of collage, so I dropped that major. Probably one of my smarter decisions.

I was upto about 1250 loged in a 320 Cessna of my dads untell he lost his medical after his stroke/hartatack i had multi engine and instrument he sold the plane and i couldent aford it so i let it all go but it was a lot of fun

-
Back