Pro stock aj hanging it up?

-

70aarcuda

Master Hoader of SBM
Legendary Member
Reaction score
While there certainly were rumors floating around in St. Louis regarding the future of Mopar's flagship Pro Stocker driven by Allen Johnson, a source close to the situation tells us the Greeneville, Tenn.-based driver, is ready to call it a career, thus leaving the Mopar sponsorship open for another team. Johnson isn't talking but others are, and signalling there could be a two-car Mopar Pro Stock effort next season. Now if what we hear pans out, there could be two manufacturers in one camp and this will be an interesting scenario to watch play out. Additionally, we can tell you there will possibly be more announcements similar to this coming out as a thinning of the herd is forthcoming in Pro Stock.

http://competitionplus.com/drag-racing/rumor-mill/rumor-mill-pro-stock-aj-hanging-it-up

it should just be called the Pro Stock Camaro class. I wondering how long AJ could stick with it. maybe the new EFI will add a new dimension to the mopars but im not holding my breath

it should just be called the Pro Stock Camaro class. I wondering how long AJ could stick with it. maybe the new EFI will add a new dimension to the mopars but im not holding my breath

seems like I read that the kid that used to run mopar and switched to chevy (purple cars) was coming back aboard mopar next yr.

AJ's Dad's health has been an issue as well.
I think he has missed a lot of this years season.

Only time will tell.Mopar came on strong until the new Crapmaros came out. Don't know if they have better backing than Mopar But plenty teams jumped ship.

he will be miss ,I read on moparts Erica enders is starting a mopar engine program

It would be nice!
Did you see the last race were she cut a .002, then another .002 and then topped it off with a .003? Wow!!!!

I cheer her on, even though she drive a Cheby! Yeah i know, Let the Hating begin. :)

It would be nice!
Did you see the last race were she cut a .002, then another .002 and then topped it off with a .003? Wow!!!!

I cheer her on, even though she drive a Cheby! Yeah i know, Let the Hating begin. :)

No hating here..... I do the same thing. Neat to see a girl put it to the guys.

I cheered for Shirley back in the day, but she was Mopar.

Excuse my ignorance but are the pro stock engines actually based off a manufacture block?

I wonder if Anderson will be in next year. He was not happy with all the changes. He feeling is they have a lot of money in carbs and intakes. He was not happy that teams would have to start from scratch. Would not surprise me to see Warren and Kurt back as he is selling off all they're carbs. I have a feeling they have been working on FI for a while. 2016 is going to be very interesting. I am sure there will be other teams quit.

I can't wait to see what the new ''spec'' cars will do in the 1/4.
I still think that they should have hood scoops on them and carry the wheels for 100' and up 4'.
That'll bring the fans out to watch them.......

Don't think horse power is the issue.
All seem close.
Getting the car from point "A" to point "B" is the big problem.

This is where you need a great clutch guy & chassis guy.
AJ has lost some people over the last two seasons to other teams.
The result is, he fell off & they picked up.

Rumor has it that Elite Motorsports and Erica Enders will be back next year with Dodge...

I heard that Elite will have 2 Dodges and 2 Camaros. Erica will be driving a Camaro and Jeg will be in a Dodge.

This is where you need a great clutch guy & chassis guy.
AJ has lost some people over the last two seasons to other teams.
The result is, he fell off & they picked up.

He was doing GREAT when he had Yates on the team. When he dumped him, team took a pretty quick nosedive. Never understood why he got rid of him.

He was doing GREAT when he had Yates on the team. When he dumped him, team took a pretty quick nosedive. Never understood why he got rid of him.

Money....the money from Vince Noblle engine rental paid for Yates...

I think the crew loss was minimal for AJ, the greatest factor was not having a second team car to collect data. Not having the data caused Roy to take longer in adjusting to the new fuel in addition to making it harder on the setup calls. Even now they have only ran well when their setup was perfect, the just don't have the HP out the back end this year.

From what I read, Roy's motors and KB(and likely V) will be the most effected by the new 10.5 rule as they both spun them 11.5 to 12, that may have something to do with it in that Roy may not be up for the task any longer to start over on a new combo. I believe Elite and Chris McGaha are already running alot closer to 10.5 shifts and will have less adapting. (tho Chris is talking about perhaps going back part time due to business being slow at their machine shop) Not sure about Grey Motorsports, and all the lesser teams will be more than happy to not have to wind them so high. (though in time they will find ways to wreck just as many motors, just the way it is, but those lesser funded can fill the bottom half of the ladder with less funding)

Just my .02 worth. Hopefully the class will both survive and thrive, Time will tell soon enough I guess.

He might as well get out or drive a camaro G.M. owns prostock right now..

-
Back