Pro Touring 10K

-
Well with Blizzard like conditions rolling through Indy to day I sent the guys home early. So I thought I would take advantage of the shop being shut down to work on getting some more epoxy primer and Primer surfacer on some more panels. The hood is finally ready to start blocking after removing the front emblem and repeaking the hood. And just 1 fender was ready, So not a lot but progress none the less.

View attachment 2001_03110001.jpg

View attachment 2001_03110004.jpg

View attachment 2001_03110002.jpg

View attachment 2001_03110003.jpg

Are you going to block the car with the doors and fenders on or off the car? The other issue I am having is whether or not to block and let sit in the garage until I am ready to put more coats of primer on or block right before I am ready to spray more coats. What do you think? I love your work also, the old style darts are starting to grow on me.

I block all the panels off the car.All the panels are aligned before disassembly. I paint a buff all panels separately. Even metallics. Then the car will be reassembled. You can block the car and let it set. Then reprime as needed. The longer you let the primer set before paint the less problem you will have with die back after paint.

Thank you was just worried about something going wrong with blocking early and letting it sit. Like maybe grease or dirt in the scratches but I guess it doesn't matter if I wax and grease before re primer right?

I know body work pictures are really kind of boring to look at, So I won't be posting every picture I take of the body work progress. But here are a few of the fenders that have been completely smoothed of all the trim including the candy cane pieces. I'm also in the process of replacing 1 rear floor pan.I will post some more pictures as I get a little further along. The last couple of pictures are some of the suspension pieces I have been collecting. I have them on display in the show room of my shop. I also have a set of Composite leaf springs on the way.
Tim

Attachments

• 2001_03260010.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 1,244
  • 2001_03260011.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 1,252
  • 2001_03260013.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 1,256
  • 2001_03260014.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 1,237
Hey Tim what type of steering column is that? I'm going to need one but I wasn't sure which is a good fit. Ill be curious to see how those rear leafs work out.

Bodywork pics are NOT boring to me!
Maybe it's just me. I do it all day long most days

Hey Tim what type of steering column is that? I'm going to need one but I wasn't sure which is a good fit. Ill be curious to see how those rear leafs work out.
The column is an ididit, The leafs springs will be run with the front eye reversed,sliders for the rear and a panhard bar for Lateral movement.

Looking great Tim and that is a fine looking rack of parts there. :) Believe it or not you are ahead of me right now. Just collecting parts at this point, because I have no time to work on my Barracuda. Keep it up and stay in touch. John

Yeah John. I told you I would try and help you with some parts sales if I could. You sell some very nice pieces. Most of the parts John is referring to are his design, Dillinger chassis works if anyone is interested.
Looking great Tim and that is a fine looking rack of parts there. :) Believe it or not you are ahead of me right now. Just collecting parts at this point, because I have no time to work on my Barracuda. Keep it up and stay in touch. John

A little more progress, The fenders are ready for blocking with 320. Then they will be sealed wet sanded and painted. The hood will be primed and blocked another time with 150. But looking pretty good after 1 pass of block sanding. The shell is being fitted for the new rear floor pan and sub frame connectors are going in. Then comes the roll cage. Lots still to do before summer gets here.

Attachments

• 2001_04010005.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 1,171
  • 2001_04010004.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 1,183
  • 2001_04010003.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 1,163
Looks good dude, didn't know you were throwing a cage in it. That will be sweet and definitely help stiffen it up a great deal. Progress is good!

Thanks, Just not fast enough, But my car doesn't pay the bills. so it's after hours and weekends.
nice progress

Yep. This car will be mostly a purpose built track car with some street time. I was looking at the fire wall today and looking at all the holes that need to be welded. I think I will cut most of it out and start fresh with a custom built piece. Did you get your car jambed over the weekend?
Looks good dude, didn't know you were throwing a cage in it. That will be sweet and definitely help stiffen it up a great deal. Progress is good!

Not yet I had to track down another passenger fender because mine got hit real hard in the headlight bucket area and no matter how much I yanked it out I just wasn't happy with it. I was going to resculpt it but it was just easier to find another one. So I've been welding up all the trim holes and its in primer almost ready to go. Tired of shooting primer and I'm ready to shoot some color!

I can relate to that. I have even thought about changing my color combo.
Not yet I had to track down another passenger fender because mine got hit real hard in the headlight bucket area and no matter how much I yanked it out I just wasn't happy with it. I was going to resculpt it but it was just easier to find another one. So I've been welding up all the trim holes and its in primer almost ready to go. Tired of shooting primer and I'm ready to shoot some color!

Took some time off from working my customers cars to do some work on my own project. The hood and fenders are all ready for 320 block sanding. With the front hood emblem gone the new center peck came out great. If you didn't know it was suppose to be there you wouldn't know any difference. The rear spoiler has taken some time to get it to fit perfect. But looks great. I can't claim fame to the spoiler as I took the idea from Tincups build. Although it's mounted a little different. With car sitting on the body cart the *** end is a little to low for the stance I want in the rear, But the front is dead on. I just hope I have enough clearance on the top side as there is only about 2 to 2 1/2 inches before we have contact with the upper apron.

Attachments

• 2001_04030008.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 1,058
  • 2001_04030007.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 1,130
  • 2001_04030006.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 1,116
  • 2001_04030005.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 1,069
  • 2001_04030004.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 1,106
  • 2001_04030003.jpg