Pro Touring 10K

-
i've learned in the past when you do something like this it won't appeal to everybody. So i've just learned to have a little bit of a thick skin and take the good with the bad and don't worry about what others think.
amen!

Transmission showed up today. 5 miles on it. just one more piece to the puzzle and I can start to mock up the engine and transmission.

Attachments

• DSCF0033.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,108
  • DSCF0034.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,117
  • DSCF0035.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 1,093
Yes, But they didn't put it on the truck today. So I guess I will see it tomorrow. All of this should look familiar to you. LOL you started all of this. I just jumped on the band wagon.

4 speed pedals showed up today. Still waiting on the rest of the pieces to get here. Also need to fabricate a new intake manifold. So a new CNC flange is on the way. This saves me some time. I won't have to machine one myself.

Attachments

• DSCF0038.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 1,072
  • intake flange.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 1,039
Need a little more exciting pictures for sure. I'm just chomping at the bit to get moving on this thing. I have parts coming from every where it seems. They can't get here fast enough. LOL

Just incase I don't have enough to still do to get this project up and going. The instrument cluster I will be using needs some fabrication to get it to look at home in the 65 dash.

Attachments

• DSCF0028.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 1,011
  • DSCF0027.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,031
  • DSCF0026.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,042
Disassembled the K frame today. That thing is nasty grime and oil every where. It will have to get stripped before I start building motor mounts. I will build a jig to set the motor and trans on to mock up the engine for motor mounts. This way I can install the front seat and measure for the shifter. I can adjust the engine location to allow for shifter position. Much easier to do a mock up out of the car than in. May need to fabricate a new oil pan to fit. Maybe not. we will see. Have even considered using a dty sump system because of oil filter placement. Or machining a block to relocate the oil filter if the oil pan will work out.

Attachments

• DSCF0029.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 975
  • DSCF0030.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 994
like i said before Tim, welcome to my world. this is the amount that needed to be trimmed from my k-frame. really not that much. the other alternative is to trim a portion of the front sump away which would include modifying the oil pick up as in the final two pictures below.

Attachments

• 2.4 oil pan mod 2.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 992
  • 2.4 oil pan mod.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 956
  • pick up tube fitment 2.4.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 984
  • 022214163341.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 950
  • 022214163402.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 955
That's more trimming than I thought . I will have to think about my options. Thanks for the pictures.

Still waiting on a couple of pieces to come in before the engine mock up. But today I thought I would tackle the dash and cluster. Well a good idea just isn't going to work. To get the SRT4 cluster to look right in the dash it would have to set way to deep in the dash. Not going to happen the brake pedal brace is right in the way. So we go to plan B. I will be calling speed hut for custom set of gauges and to get away from the speedo problem running through the PCM I will be ordering there GPS speedo much simpler. So I started working on the sheet metal work for the new set of gauges.

Attachments

• customimage.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 902
  • customimage1.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 905
  • DSCF0008.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 907
  • DSCF0007.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 915
  • DSCF0006.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 937
  • DSCF0005.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 927
you don't need a speedo, just drive with the tack, after being out for a few drives you'll get the hang of it. :)
I like the SRT engine, that cool! Nice car

Some more goodies showed up today. New Borgwarner S256-RS Turbo from AGP

Attachments

• DSCF0009.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 860
  • DSCF0010.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 839
  • DSCF0011.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 831
she is coming along! I will be up your way for the Midwest Musclecar Challenge in may. I want to see some progress! lol!

I think we need to change the title of this thread, just add another zero....

-
Back