Pro touring wheels

-
I am a huge fan of your car and the colour unfortunetly i think i have to pick a new colour for my car.lol.

I agree youngguns car is one of my favorites his 72bbswinger and paulyv 100 cars are what made me decide the bigger wheels can look awesome on classic mopar.

Posted via Topify on Android

What a gay burnout, I was expecting you to shift to 3rd at least lol! I bet that car is a menace to your town.

that was 3rd. lol. started the burnout in 2nd, hit third right away and let out the line lock. that was 6k in drive my friend. i let off because the *** end started to come around on me. I only had one snotty neighbor. he always pissed and moaned about how loud it was. I finally just told him to hop in and i would show him what its all about. well i looked over at the guy as i shifted the car into drive at about 90 mph and he was reaching for all kinds of **** to hang onto. lol never heard him complain again.

Im thinkin of buying a set of 17 inch wheels for my -71 duster, but im afraid that they look like crap.
Please post pics of duster with 17" rims and prove me wrong...

Im thinkin of buying a set of 17 inch wheels for my -71 duster, but im afraid that they look like crap.
Please post pics of duster with 17" rims and prove me wrong...

There is an entire thread about 17 inch wheels on A bodies. Has like 20-40 pages

probably nascar and forumla1 too since they only run 15" nascar and 13" formula1

this car would blow them off the road

It's true, F1 does still run 13" rims. But its not for performance. Its simply because that's what the rules say. And the rules have said the exact same thing for over 20 years now.

Not to mention that bringing F1 tires into the mix is almost completely irrelevant. Those tires are built exclusively for those cars, and are designed to work specifically in those conditions. You can't say that about the tires you buy off the shelf. While I don't know why Nascar still runs smaller rims, the same exact thing is true about the tires. If you have a source for nascar tires, by all means have at it. Otherwise, street tire performance is much improved by going with a larger diameter rim. Not to mention the availability of tires and compounds improves significantly. Stick with 15's and you're pretty much stuck with running BFG T/A's in anything wider than 225.

It's not really a question of whether or not you can make a tire for a 15" rim that will perform in spectacular fashion. If you have a Nascar or F1 budget you can pretty much make anything you want as long as it doesn't go against the laws of physics. But for most folks, its a question of what tires you can actually buy for your car and run on the street. And if you look at the street tires available for 15" rims, and you look at the street tires available for 17" and 18" rims, there's really no question about what will perform better.

Article regarding F1 tire sizes...

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/09/27/should-f1-switch-to-18-inch-wheel-rims/

If I was president I would out law and prison who ever puts 20 inch rims on classic cars

I would put 20 on front and back rather than 20 rear / 18 front.

All modern cars that have 18" or 20 " wheels have the same size rim front and back and usually the same size tire too.

If I was president I would out law and prison who ever puts 20 inch rims on classic cars

If I was president I'd require that anyone who wanted 14-15" rims on their classic cars leave them locked up in a museum.

Why is it that guys who don't like big wheels click on big wheel/pro touring threads and bash anything larger than a 15" wheel? I don't go to big block/hemi threads and make comments about terrible gas mileage...

If I was president I'd require that anyone who wanted 14-15" rims on their classic cars leave them locked up in a museum.

Why is it that guys who don't like big wheels click on big wheel/pro touring threads and bash anything larger than a 15" wheel? I don't go to big block/hemi threads and make comments about terrible gas mileage...

I have sympathy for those types. Their brains have dried up. It must be a hard life for them.
Brittle brain syndrome. :D

your right I'd rather have a stroke then put 20 Inchon a nice car

What do you do when your late model vehicle comes with 20's? Change the brakes and put 15's on it?

Listen, not all vehicles need a lot of wheel, nor do all look good with them. The key is to have the overall package that works and that you like. That includes wheels. Running 13" or 14" wheels is silly and never looks good in my opinion. 15's are the minimum.

Mind you I run 15's on my dart, so I don't have a biased opinion here. Just a logical open mind.

-
Back