Pro touring wheels

-
I'm not out to discount others posts but.. "It looks good" ? That may be true but there a saying, "A dead man looks good" LOL
"Guarantee it handles better" ? Ask for a money back guarantee.
If you'll google the history of auto tires starting with the Ford Model A you'll learn that handling and ride quality will suffer tremendously where a auto doesn't have the modern suspension components that accompany the low profile tires.
If what your car looks like from the outside means more to you than ride quality inside... Ignore this post.
Good luck

Ride quality and performance most often don't go hand in hand.

I'm not out to discount others posts but.. "It looks good" ? That may be true but there a saying, "A dead man looks good" LOL
"Guarantee it handles better" ? Ask for a money back guarantee.
If you'll google the history of auto tires starting with the Ford Model A you'll learn that handling and ride quality will suffer tremendously where a auto doesn't have the modern suspension components that accompany the low profile tires.
If what your car looks like from the outside means more to you than ride quality inside... Ignore this post.
Good luck

It's true, modern tires with improved compounds need to be matched to the suspension to be truly effective. But modern suspension components aren't needed. Larger torsion bars with increased wheel rates and shocks matched to those bars are all that is necessary for much improved handling. You can go much further than that to improve handling, but even JUST that would be light years ahead of stock.

But even WITHOUT improved wheel rates you'll still get better handling out of modern tires as long as you use modern alignment specs. The tire compounds and design of modern tires will improve traction and reduce sidewall flex regardless of the suspension. Sure, body roll will be a problem, and ride quality won't be as plush as with ancient large profile tires. But you'll only get into MORE body roll if you push beyond where your old tires would have gripped anyway, and I wouldn't agree that the barge like, no-road-feel ride quality of the old tires was good anyway.

Ride quality and performance most often don't go hand in hand.

This is simply a matter of matching components. I run 1.12" torsion bars on my Duster, which works out to a 300 lb/in wheel rate. I run Bilstein shocks to keep those bars in check. It's ride quality is very similar to my g/f's 2013 Mustang with the factory "premium" suspension. Performance is so much improved its not even funny. No, it doesn't ride like stock, but that's a good thing.

My buddy is going to bring his wheels he has on his new charger and we are going to see what they look like. Rears are 275/40/20. I think 18 will go up front. 245/40/18. I just bought a set if those for our daily driver maxima. Wish I would have kept the old ones. I will post some pics tomorrow

The second problem is tire selection. I really wanted a tall tire, 28" would of been great. But as I mentioned above most of the 17"+ tires are in the 25" tall range that 285-40-18 is a great compromise of width and height. The wider tires would have been shorter in most cases or extremely expensive. The short wide tires look great from the back but a little odd from the side view on some of these older cars.

I put a lot of thought and time into tire choice and ultimately found these goodyear f1 supercar 285/40/18 for $93 each plus $60 shipping for 2. Nothing else came close in terms of price. Looks like it's gone up some.
Lower price = freedom to :burnout::burnout:

http://www.tires-easy.com/cgi-bin/r...port=P&dsco=135&sowigan=So&rsmFahrzeugart=PKW

Attachments

• EagleF1Supercar.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 750
zhandful...were did you buy your wheels at? Is that a factory color on your car?

There is a guy on craigslist in Ontario selling these wheels on the side. I guess he works for the distrubutor or something seems legit, sells from his home. They are called Bullit Replicas I think, .you can buy them online as well.

The Dart was painted when I bought it, was suppose to be factory color but it's a bit darker than the door jams.

I put a lot of thought and time into tire choice and ultimately found these goodyear f1 supercar 285/40/18 for $93 each plus $60 shipping for 2. Nothing else came close in terms of price. Looks like it's gone up some.
Lower price = freedom to :burnout::burnout:

Some?! $450 each is a far cry from $93 my friend! Man what sweet rubber though

I see this guy is selling "takes offs" on e bay fro 93 each...how does the asymmetrical work, no rotating, have to buy right and left?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2454517-245...-OFF-TIRE-95-TREAD-LEFT-ON-TIRE-/181266969653

Some?! $450 each is a far cry from $93 my friend! Man what sweet rubber though

I see this guy is selling "takes offs" on e bay fro 93 each...how does the asymmetrical work, no rotating, have to buy right and left?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2454517-245...-OFF-TIRE-95-TREAD-LEFT-ON-TIRE-/181266969653

If the tire is both directional and asymmetrical, it can only be moved front to back, not side to side. If different sizes on front and back, no rotation. I believe asymmetrical only indicates different tread on 1 half of the tire than the other half. Large tread half would be mounted to the outside. Not all asymmetrical tires are also directional.
These particular ones are not directional. So, they can be rotated side to side. Also, front to back if the same size.
The tires indicate what side is to be mounted to the outside.

If the tire is both directional and asymmetrical, it can only be moved front to back, not side to side. If different sizes on front and back, no rotation. I believe asymmetrical only indicates different tread on 1 half of the tire than the other half. Large tread half would be mounted to the outside. Not all asymmetrical tires are also directional.
These particular ones are not directional. So, they can be rotated side to side. Also, front to back if the same size.
The tires indicate what side is to be mounted to the outside.

Thanks!

That price is for FOUR :D
I don't intend to rotate.

Obviously I was up too late, thanks!

Looks like $450 each to me. $1,800 for 4. Just in case someone was considering these.

Attachments

• Picture 2.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 703
This is not 100% true 2005 to 2011 charger wheels do fit

That is what I have on my Duster

What size are those? They appear to be bigger than 15" in diameter, or am I mistaken? Also, where did you get them?

I did do a minitub but here are my combos
Front17x8 Bullitts wrapped in 255/40-17 Sumitomos
Rear-17x10.5 Bullitts wrapped in 315/35-17 Sumitomos (way to close to fender, adjustments were made here.)
Sorry I have on shot where you can see the front of the front tires.
Andrew

Attachments

• WP_000257.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 659
  • Photo190.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 633
f u g l y

So, BOB, do you understand what the term "Pro Touring" means, or do you just click on every thread you see?

Just a suggestion -- You should probably ignore any threads with "Pro Touring" in the title. You're a little old-fashioned to appreciate anything you find there.

Didn't your momma teach you that if you can't say anything nice about someone's car...?

They make these in 17, 18 and 20's.

Attachments

• 20131231_080041.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 574
  • 20131231_080052.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 576
They are 18" Eagle Alloy 212.They are 8 inches wide with a 4.5 back spacing.They made them 9.5 inches wide too. Unfortunetly these wheels are no longer made so i might get them widened or try and find a set.

Keep a eye out on craigslist I found a set if driftz wheels 18x8 front and 18x9.5 rear with good 275/40/18 tires on rear for 150.00 . They aren't quite what I was looking for but couldn't beat the price and I think they will look good.

Posted via Topify on Android

Attachments

• topify_1389045771187.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 572
-
Back