Problem with replacement Idler Arm

-
It can be a biatch. 3 ilders out there, parts store computers have no clue. Buy all 3, take 3 back.

It can be a biatch. 3 ilders out there, parts store computers have no clue. Buy all 3, take 3 back.

The one that originally belongs to his car is a K7042 and that is what he ordered. That shows to be the only option for his car. K7086 is the 73 up idler arm. 1967 was a one year only but right now I don't recall that part number.

Attachments

• k7042_top.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 246
I looked at Rockauto and they list the same part #'s from 71 through 75. I wonder if it is just that specific brand?

I also still have the 68-72 idler arm that I ordered. I figured no sense sending it back if it is what I need. I picked up the steering box and the matching column at the same time so Im good to go on that part. I just have the feeling I need to swap the center link. Of course pics will tell all.

My goof. I had looked up the 69 part number and it is the ES319 series. 1970 up is correct.

The one that originally belongs to his car is a K7042 and that is what he ordered. That shows to be the only option for his car. K7086 is the 73 up idler arm. 1967 was a one year only but right now I don't recall that part number.

If he has a 73+ drag link...you just order the 73+ idler arm and pitman arm...

My 71 Demon had a 73+ drag link , idler arm and pitman arm on it...I changed it back because I had the 71 drag link and new parts in hand...

LOL, yep and only because Im getting rid of the power steering and going with a manual box from a 68.

Thank you again fellas!!

-
Back