Problems with Mike440

-
OK, my bad. So what suggestions would you have as a moderator to curb this BS?

Sadly, I don't think there's anything our moderators can do. Other than requiring maybe a government photo ID, which could be faked, in order to join...

Maybe when people start complaining about a person not sending there parts do'nt wait until you have a bunch of people taken for money before you bar them.Maybe suspend them from selling parts until there pending transactions are completed then reinstate them.If you get anymore problems from them bar them.I complained about mike440 when he first started selling parts being ply30 but there was nothing could be done about it.He was still selling and listing parts everyday

OK, my bad. So what suggestions would you have as a moderator to curb this BS?

There is no way to cure/curb it. None of us, Mods, members etc have no idea who someone is or how they will conduct themselves until they show their hand.

It sucks, I know, but unfortunately, what to do.

BUT, those that have been taken, need to go to those links I posted and follow through.

Until someone like this is challenged, brought to justice and prosecuted, it will not go away.

Until someone like this is challenged, brought to justice and prosecuted, it will not go away.

Well said, Bruce.

You guys (and gals) need to hang this bastard and whoever else...grandpa, brother, sister, mother, father, dog, cat...is involved with this scam. Apparently, this is a way of life for these dirtbags, and even if we kick him off the forum, they will perpetuate this over & over until they no longer can.
Already proven with the Justin/Mike deal. No doubt he will try to re-register here using a different IP and start all over again. Be vigilant.

Well said, Bruce.

You guys (and gals) need to hang this bastard and whoever else...grandpa, brother, sister, mother, father, dog, cat...is involved with this scam. Apparently, this is a way of life for these dirtbags, and even if we kick him off the forum, they will perpetuate this over & over until they no longer can.
Already proven with the Justin/Mike deal. No doubt he will try to re-register here using a different IP and start all over again. Be vigilant.

Yup.

I have to think the FBI, the National White Collar Crime Center and the USPS Postal Inspectors are going to take a very dim view of this.

I know if it were me, the last thing I would want is those three agencies knockin' on my door.

There is no way to cure/curb it. None of us, Mods, members etc have no idea who someone is or how they will conduct themselves until they show their hand.

It sucks, I know, but unfortunately, what to do.

BUT, those that have been taken, need to go to those links I posted and follow through.

You not only hit the nail squarely on the head, you sunk it in one blow. This is exactly what MUST happen.

Word is out on FBBO now. He's at least gonna have a tougher time now, as all the FABO people who belong to other car forums put the word out. Runnin out of hiding spots, Justin. Now do the right thing, you gutter snipe.

Word is out on FBBO now. He's at least gonna have a tougher time now, as all the FABO people who belong to other car forums put the word out.

He should have been banned from there and all the other sister sites when they banned him here....

Now we have to be cautious for his next alias.... Justin v3.0

He should have been banned from there and all the other sister sites when they banned him here....

Now we have to be cautious for his next alias.... Justin v3.0

I did ban him from FBBO at the same time, but he had never posted there

Word is out on FBBO now. He's at least gonna have a tougher time now, as all the FABO people who belong to other car forums put the word out. Runnin out of hiding spots, Justin. Now do the right thing, you gutter snipe.

do you have a link , I haven't seen a thread

So....this is message from the paypal site.

"We're sorry, but this transaction cannot be disputed because it is not a purchase of goods or services. Please contact the recipient directly."

I used my CC to make the payment.....so I will now contact them. If that is a no go then I will try something else.

Thanks to everyone for the advise / knowledge / and with any luck we can all prevent this.

Brandon, prevention is one thing. Prosecution is another.
I say we go for the nuts.

Maybe when people start complaining about a person not sending there parts do'nt wait until you have a bunch of people taken for money before you bar them.Maybe suspend them from selling parts until there pending transactions are completed then reinstate them.If you get anymore problems from them bar them.I complained about mike440 when he first started selling parts being ply30 but there was nothing could be done about it.He was still selling and listing parts everyday

Yup, I suspected it as well and even mentioned it and he said he was a different dude. I was interested in some Cuda parts he had, he was slow getting pics and returning a pm....he also told me "just make an offer" I thought that was odd when you are selling parts to make a $.....I knew then something was up and I didn't reply back....I figured it was him and this dude was the same slimy crook ....glad I didn't send him my $.

PayPal WILL go to bat for you IF you did everything correctly as a buyer. If you purchased parts from someone, this is NOT the time to click the box that says "friends or family". By so doing, you are basically side-stepping the tiny fee (3%) which offers decent protection.

As many times that there have been problems with scumbag sellers on here, I cannot imagine why anybody would be willing to send money to a stranger (via PayPal friends and family) and deliberately remove their only protection from a bad deal.

Sorry to hear of your loss(es) on here. Hopefully new members will learn from these bad experiences.

PayPal WILL go to bat for you IF you did everything correctly as a buyer. If you purchased parts from someone, this is NOT the time to click the box that says "friends or family". By so doing, you are basically side-stepping the tiny fee (3%) which offers decent protection.

As many times that there have been problems with scumbag sellers on here, I cannot imagine why anybody would be willing to send money to a stranger (via PayPal friends and family) and deliberately remove their only protection from a bad deal.

Sorry to hear of your loss(es) on here. Hopefully new members will learn from these bad experiences.

I had one transaction this month that for some reason paypal would not let me send ad "payment for services" and forced me to send the money as a gift

luckily the transaction with mike of whoever he is had a little note "payment for 3 groove pulley, I added an extra dollar for the paypal fees"

hopefully I can get reimbursed

Paypal won't do jack if they can't attach funds from the other party.....in other words,
Paypal won't reimburse you with any of their own monies.

I bought a $100 diecast car from somebody in Chicago. Never received the item so
I filed a dispute with Paypal.

Paypal came back and said that the perp didn't have any funds in his account and I
was S.O.L.

Their buyer protection is worth spit unless they can attach somebody else's funds
because they never step up by backing you with Paypal money.

They have positioned themselves so that they have no skin in the game.

Haven't had much time to reply here, investigate, or dig into this anymore due to my weekend work schedule but have been able to read all the posts going on. I do have to say I am not mad at this site or any of the moderators or administrator at all. I guess it's a big chance to take with any website to conduct any business and I am sure it is hard to try to monitor thousands of members and even knowing the trouble makers it is very easy for anyone to create new ID's and sneak (although eventually he seems to re-emerge and his colors known), and yes I guess I was being a bit too nice when I was buying several small items and paid for them at different times the way I did directly, it is still no excuse to not get justice towards a criminal.

I will surely do my part this coming week to see what I can in this. I do encourage anyone who he is scamming right now to give this number a call. The more people we can get to call this sheriff the more of a chance they will take this serious (again) and see he has opened up shop yet once again.

Buckingham county sheriff, A. Jameson 434-969-1772

Seeing as how he/they (whomever) weaseled his way out the first time a few months ago, if he is being a repeat offender now and it can be proven by our records and messages then he may possibly get the jail time he deserves. More than likely he probably has had a criminal wrap sheet ever since he could sell parts off his Sesame Street tricycle to his friends in daycare, take their milk money, and give them nothing but a snotty nose in return. The cops probably have a permanent "police parking only" sign in front of his house from having to go there so much over the years would be my guess.

Paypal won't do jack if they can't attach funds from the other party.....in other words,
Paypal won't reimburse you with any of their own monies.

I bought a $100 diecast car from somebody in Chicago. Never received the item so
I filed a dispute with Paypal.

Paypal came back and said that the perp didn't have any funds in his account and I
was S.O.L.

Their buyer protection is worth spit unless they can attach somebody else's funds
because they never step up by backing you with Paypal money.

They have positioned themselves so that they have no skin in the game.

I've wondered about that too....he is using "Mike Hayes" as his paypal account name...so who is that?, an alias, some person he conned into letting him use their account to receive money, then pay him?....and what is going to happen when all of these claims get filed and either there is no money in the account...or...whomever he may have conned starts losing their money....He may have someone give him the more direct approach to getting their money back form him than we are taking if he has scammed someone into letting him use their account a as "go-between" and then they begin losing their own money from their bank account. Of course it has to be a real bank account to be linked to paypal so someone will be having a bad day if the claims do start to get processed and their balance begins to dwindle.

Even though Paypal would not support a wrongoing in a gift situation, seems to me that FRAUD on the part of the recipient, IE hiding their true identity, might be enough to spur PayPaid into action

-
Back