ProComp/Speedmaster aluminum heads

-
Just grab a 200 dollar small block, throw a cam, headers, 4bbl, port some heads, and run the skunk out of it! And add more Gravy to dip those biscuits in.....!!!!!!! :D

Been doing that for years. To dang broke to even do those middle of the road magazine builds. It actually is great fun trying to ring out as much as you can with as little as possible.

I was really referring to YR worrying about core shift, New stroker cranks needing to be turned, and all he see's is the work. Like a health nut trying to enjoy a meal but can't. LOL. Just grab a 200 dollar small block, throw a cam, headers, 4bbl, port some heads, and run the skunk out of it! And add more Gravy to dip those biscuits in.....!!!!!!! :D
Anyways doesn't Yellow Rose have W2 heads on his x block? (AKA the Exxon Valdez)

Sure don't. I go take some pictures of the next engine I'm doing. I'm sure it will wreck the car. BTDT.
What happened to the Exxon Valdez with W2 heads? Did you ever get that bell housing in with the window you had put in?

Latest update on the Speedmaster heads lol you know the subject at hand LOL..
went to store and came home and seeing the FedEx truck leaving the neighborhood... Damn near put the Durango up on two wheels around the last two corners getting to my house...
FALSE ALARM:BangHead:....:D

Ahhhhh - Ha ha ha ha...
Like a hungry kid waiting for the candy store to open....

I feel your pain. I’m still that way.

Just got a text message alert from FedEx... A signature will be required for a package on the 18th....:rolleyes:
My o my, I wonder what that could be...........:D

Latest update on the Speedmaster heads lol you know the subject at hand LOL..
went to store and came home and seeing the FedEx truck leaving the neighborhood... Damn near put the Durango up on two wheels around the last two corners getting to my house...
FALSE ALARM:BangHead:....:D

That engine in the video is in the car. It had a small leak at a fitting. It never ever had W2 heads on it, nor did I say it did. If people would stop calling me, I'd run out and take pictures of the W2/R block stuff.

That engine in the video is in the car. It had a small leak at a fitting. It never ever had W2 heads on it, nor did I say it did. If people would stop calling me, I'd run out and take pictures of the W2/R block stuff.
I didn't know you were so popular. lol My phone is turned off unless I'm using it, voice mail is a wonderful thing.
Take the dang pics. lol

Cough cough (BULLSHIT) cough cough

I know you said it before it was a small fitting it could happen to anybody all I will give you that. But you must give me that it was your internet friend that called it the Exxon Valdez?! I just happened to be there to be able to laugh my *** off about it.. and still do!...

The SM SB Mopar unported heads flow about 250 ootb.

From your other post on the other SM thread:

View attachment 1715374912

per the attached photo that PRH posted up (from another thread) and should be the CNC speedmaster heads.
Seems like the unported Promaxx heads flow close to the same around .600" lift, but they flow more at low lift.
how much money is saved putting them together yourself vs. just getting some promaxx heads, then what will the promaxx do if someone port machted them and opened up the pushrod pinch some??

per pittsburgh racer, the promaxx unported heads...
----Edelbrock--------------ProMaxx
--------Intake-----------------intake
.200-----128--------------------129
.300-----182--------------------184
.400-----215--------------------235
.450-----226--------------------251
.500-----233--------------------255-260 high air-speed
.550-----236--------------------260
.600-----242--------------------264
.650-----243--------------------270
.700-----243--------------------263-270
.750----------------------------263-270

per the attached photo that PRH posted up (from another thread) and should be the CNC speedmaster heads.
Seems like the unported Promaxx heads flow close to the same around .600" lift, but they flow more at low lift.
how much money is saved putting them together yourself vs. just getting some promaxx heads, then what will the promaxx do if someone port machted them and opened up the pushrod pinch some??

per pittsburgh racer, the promaxx unported heads...
----Edelbrock--------------ProMaxx
--------Intake-----------------intake
.200-----128--------------------129
.300-----182--------------------184
.400-----215--------------------235
.450-----226--------------------251
.500-----233--------------------255-260 high air-speed
.550-----236--------------------260
.600-----242--------------------264
.650-----243--------------------270
.700-----243--------------------263-270
.750----------------------------263-270

The ProMaxx CNC version of it's head is called the Shocker 185
Shocker 185 Mopar CNC (Sold in Pairs) - PROMAXX Performance Products

Flow chart from their website
upload_2019-9-17_14-56-37.png

For comparison this is their chart for the standard 171 version which compares pretty well with Pittsburg racer's

upload_2019-9-17_14-59-6.png

I didn't know you were so popular. lol My phone is turned off unless I'm using it, voice mail is a wonderful thing.
Take the dang pics. lol

Got the pictures. Just need to start a thread so I'm not running over Jpar.

That video is still out there. Damn if I know how to find it on YouTube though.

There is also video of a dyno session from 2001 of a 408 I did. No way to know what happened to that, because I'm not sure it was ever uploaded to YouTube. I'm not sure YT was even around back then.

And the prick that owned the engine and took the video is just that.

I know you said it before it was a small fitting it could happen to anybody all I will give you that. But you must give me that it was your internet friend that called it the Exxon Valdez?! I just happened to be there to be able to laugh my *** off about it.. and still do!...

Well, yeah, but my friend is a giant horses ***. Everyone knows that. I told him you were going to be at the MoPar show at Roberson or whatever that is and told him to stop by and see you. He went bowling instead.

-
Back