programmable ecu question

-

one1dk

Reaction score
Hi..

Fianly I got the engine started - with the cal program it fires up and then it dies - if I touch the accelerator can it keep idling but it goes up and down in rpm and eventually dies. the programe is the latest from mopar performance.. :read:

the engine : 6.1 drive - by cable throttlebody - fully programmable ecu. Stand alone system by mopar performance

Ecu mopar P5153528

throttlebody mopar P5153689

wiringharness mopar P5153530AB

all advice is appreciated..

Thanks

The programable ECU doesn't have security and if you did have an ECU with one it would shut off completely after a few seconds. Is this a takeout or a crate engine? Had a friend whith a similair issue on a takeout. The fuel rails were full of crap from having the old fuel sit in them. The solutin waht to take them apart and clean them real well.

I'd start at fuel pressure, if anything to rule it out, then look at your TPS signal.

The programable ECU doesn't have security and if you did have an ECU with one it would shut off completely after a few seconds. Is this a takeout or a crate engine? Had a friend whith a similair issue on a takeout. The fuel rails were full of crap from having the old fuel sit in them. The solutin waht to take them apart and clean them real well.

My fuel rails were plugged with gunk on my 5.7 takeout when I first tried to start it, but it would not run at all. Cleand the rails and injectors and it ran great.

Hi..

Fianly I got the engine started - with the cal program it fires up and then it dies - if I touch the accelerator can it keep idling but it goes up and down in rpm and eventually dies. the programe is the latest from mopar performance.. :read:

the engine : 6.1 drive - by cable throttlebody - fully programmable ecu. Stand alone system by mopar performance

Ecu mopar P5153528

throttlebody mopar P5153689

wiringharness mopar P5153530AB

all advice is appreciated..

Thanks

I had same kind of problem with my 392 ECU. Called Mopar Performance number and had to send them the ECU for reprograming. Came back in about a week and fired right up. The tech line #1-888-528-HEMI

I wonder if the computer doesn't have to learn idle like the oem ones do. I replace the batteries in my Town & Country and PT Cruiser and they won't idle for a few minutes until the computer learns it. I would be tempted to block the throttle open at 1500 or so and let it run for 10 or 15 min.

I had same kind of problem with my 392 ECU. Called Mopar Performance number and had to send them the ECU for reprograming. Came back in about a week and fired right up. The tech line #1-888-528-HEMI

If the fuel system is clean.....as mentioned above. I'd be calling

-
Back