Progress report...

-

Bill Dedman

bill dedman
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Here are some "mockup" pictures that Freddie took of the engine sitting on the motor mounts. There were some who were concerned that the turbo was too far forward and that it might run into the radiator support/bulkhead. This picture shows the real physical relationship, and that there's not a problem with that.

Thanks for your interest.:)

Attachments

• js640_IMG_0518.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 1,068
  • js640_turbofront.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 1,076
  • js640_turboside.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 1,071
Bill you and freddie are doing a great job keep up the good work
aaron

Thanks for the kind words! We're S-L-O-W, for sure, but with a combined age of 145, it's a miracle that we get anything done at all!!!

Freddie's the good-looking guy in the plaid shirt... He built that header with NO HELP from me, or anyone...

Attachments

• js640_frednme.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 1,050
You might wanna think about a heat shield because of how close it is to the radiator, otherwise lookin great!

now i have to get on you case aout it! finally talked memike into it now your next!

turn the carb... 90*

You Two are just neat.....Can I hang out with ya?

Absolutely, but I'm warning you, We have this '64 Valiant 4-door sedan (in the picture) and my '72 Valiant, supercharged 360 Magnum, 4-door sedan...

They both need to be 2-doors...

You get my drift???:glasses2: LOL!!!

That looks good!
My wife would say you two young men look like little stinkers looking for trouble!:thumbrig:

Keep after it!

That looks good!
My wife would say you two young men look like little stinkers looking for trouble!:thumbrig:

Keep after it!

Oh, we're going to find a LOT of trouble when we fire this thing up and begin trying to tune it so it will get of his own way on the drag strip.

Even though we have many years of hot rodding experience between us, we have ZERO time with a turbocharged engine, so the learnig curve will be steep and treacherous. We have a lot of good help here on FABO, so we'll be asking lots of questions!

Pray for us... LOL!

That looks good!

Keep after it!

Oh we're in a lot of trouble, already!!! Neither of us has ten minutes experience with turbocharged powerplants, so we're going to be "flying blind" when we attempt to make this thing get out of its own way on the drag strip, later this year.

We'll be asking a LOT of questions from more experienced heads, here on FABO!

Pray for us...:tongue3:

The early a I can help ya with......the 72 we could come up with a plan but no problem on the early a just need doors and piece of 1/4 panel and the windows and such, Hey you live close to MeMike....this could be a lot of fun.....Keep an eye out for a two door donor car and have tool's, welder, body shop supplies and beer handy...i'm guessin drivin the waggin there would be a bit expensive so have the company plane pick me up at the inverness airport
Absolutely, but I'm warning you, We have this '64 Valiant 4-door sedan (in the picture) and my '72 Valiant, supercharged 360 Magnum, 4-door sedan...

They both need to be 2-doors...

You get my drift???:glasses2: LOL!!!

The early a I can help ya with......the 72 we could come up with a plan but no problem on the early a just need doors and piece of 1/4 panel and the windows and such, Hey you live close to MeMike....this could be a lot of fun.....Keep an eye out for a two door donor car and have tool's, welder, body shop supplies and beer handy...i'm guessin drivin the waggin there would be a bit expensive so have the company plane pick me up at the inverness airport
That would make for a great Strong end Curtis, It is so good to see Bill and Freddie again in the picture :color:
These men have some great skills and you should see there cars :supz:

Hay Bill!!! Can you tell me were to find the carb air receiver yall have on the carburetor PLEASE ??? Looks like something I need right away.
Were do I look to get one ?
Thank you for making my morning seeing this thread :toothy5:

I'm waiting at the airport....:pirat:
That would make for a great Strong end Curtis, It is so good to see Bill and Freddie again in the picture :color:
These men have some great skills and you should see there cars :supz:

Hay Bill!!! Can you tell me were to find the carb air receiver yall have on the carburetor PLEASE ??? Looks like something I need right away.
Were do I look to get one ?
Thank you for making my morning seeing this thread :toothy5:

Bill and Freddie, Can you direct me where to purchase one of these please:sunny:

Attachments

• js640_turboside.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 958
Thank you Bill. I do appreciate your time locating it for me :sunny:

Good price for sure CUUDAK :supz:
Thank you :angel3:

I have an ulterior motive...

Not gonna rest until there's a turbocharged 225 under the hood of Victoria....

I want her to run as good as she looks!!! (I'm a sucker for a pretty face....)

I have an ulterior motive...

Not gonna rest until there's a turbocharged 225 under the hood of Victoria....

I want her to run as good as she looks!!! (I'm a sucker for a pretty face....)

She takes good pictures Bill :toothy4:and a great driver, when I get the new head on her Shaved a bit and big valves from 66aCUDA, I will be getting some body work dun on the low lower rear 1/4's
I am watching a older used bonnet on ebay so I can take the inboard marine bonnet and adapter off. so far it's up to $29 blus $9 shopping.

I have the breather tubes plugged off, I took this picture before I put the tube plugs on the 94 Jeep filter box, she like fresh air !!

Attachments

• Picture 222 118.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 716
  • Picture 222 119.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 702
  • Duals%20all%20HOOKED%20UP%20033.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 710
She takes good pictures Bill :toothy4:and a great driver, when I get the new head on her Shaved a bit and big valves from 66aCUDA, I will be getting some body work dun on the low lower rear 1/4's
I am watching a older used bonnet on ebay so I can take the inboard marine bonnet and adapter off. so far it's up to $29 blus $9 shopping.

I have the breather tubes plugged off, I took this picture before I put the tube plugs on the 94 Jeep filter box, she like fresh air !!

She'd like some pressurized air even better....:cherry:

See; I never let up... LOL!

-
Back