Project 440DD

-
Hmmm....Looks like someone just took Dragger40's Demon idea's and put a beak nose on it.
20160716_102539.jpg

Hmmm....Looks like someone just took Dragger40's Demon idea's and put a beak nose on it.
View attachment 1714997398
Dave (DDaddy) said he did. The finished version on mine will be somewhat different. Im not a giant fan of the fog light location and the 2 piece splitter, at least on my car. I'm not good with photoshop or I'd show you what i'm thinking.

How are you going to make the fender flairs ?
i'm still exploring options. I may make them out of sheetmetal or I may do fiberglass or I may even buy some universal ones and modify them to fit. Open to any suggestions as well.

i'm still exploring options. I may make them out of sheetmetal or I may do fiberglass or I may even buy some universal ones and modify them to fit. Open to any suggestions as well.
I would buy a set and modify, you'll save lots of time and headaches.

I would buy a set and modify, you'll save lots of time and headaches.
Thats kind of what i was thinking. What do you think about glassing them to the fenders as well as the screw/glue thing to look smoother?

Not too shabby. One thing to consider tho is with all that going on on the front and sides you'll have to do something with the backend or it might look blah and out of place.

Thats kind of what i was thinking. What do you think about glassing them to the fenders as well as the screw/glue thing to look smoother?
Dissimilar materials usually don't play nice together. Usually crack over a short time due to different expansion rates of the materials. Like fixing a rust hole with fiberglass or bonding on a glass scoop usually crack in short order.

Not too shabby. One thing to consider tho is with all that going on on the front and sides you'll have to do something with the backend or it might look blah and out of place.
Already got a plan for the back end actually

I'd say, make them bolt on if glass or get a couple of junk fenders and steel then try your luck welding together some custom flairs. You may be the next Foose by the time it's all said and done!
BTW, project looks great!

I'd say, make them bolt on if glass or get a couple of junk fenders and steel then try your luck welding together some custom flairs. You may be the next Foose by the time it's all said and done!
BTW, project looks great!
Nah, I can't draw a stick figure let alone a rendering lol

So finally some actual progress, still have to do some more trimming to make it fit perfectly, but this is where she be for now.

IMG_0251.JPG

IMG_0252.JPG

IMG_0253.JPG

IMG_0254.JPG

IMG_0256.JPG

IMG_0264.JPG

Nice going there!
Thanks, it aint finished yet but I do like the look so much better. I like the beak but I've hated the tail of the car. looks sleeker this way. I will say this to anyone attempting to do this, a plasma cutter would speed this up and make things MUCH easier and cleaner.

You have been busy :thumbsup: A plasma cutter is a great tool to have for sure :popcorn: There are members that don't like my direction on this, but I seen way to many complaints about block hugging headers on these early A's that I went the fender well way for my Hooker super comps , I will delete these pictures if you like :thumbsup:

abody 66.jpg

abody 66 1.jpg

You have been busy :thumbsup: A plasma cutter is a great tool to have for sure :popcorn: There are members that don't like my direction on this, but I seen way to many complaints about block hugging headers on these early A's that I went the fender well way for my Hooker super comps , I will delete these pictures if you like :thumbsup:

View attachment 1715013814

View attachment 1715013815
Nice, I thought about fender well headers but was worried bout tire rub so I'm just going under chassis. Nice part is with the Gerst kit, I can fit pretty much any header I want now.

No need to delete pics, leave them up.

Nice, I thought about fender well headers but was worried bout tire rub so I'm just going under chassis. Nice part is with the Gerst kit, I can fit pretty much any header I want now.

No need to delete pics, leave them up.

These early A's are a monster and then if you do get a set to fit the tubes are itty bitty and don't flow any better then manifolds. what is a Gerst kit ?

These early A's are a monster and then if you do get a set to fit the tubes are itty bitty and don't flow any better then manifolds. what is a Gerst kit ?
It's a tubular coil over suspension front suspension kit. I also have his rear kit. Should be pics a couple pages back in this thread somewhere.

Test fitted some buckets for the rear. They fit pretty dang good.

rearbuckets74dart.JPG

-
Back