Project 440DD

-
Whats the plan for the floors? halfs? full floor?
Most likely full floors. I started making a floor pan for the drivers side but I'm re thinking just patching the front two pans and going ahead with a full floor. My problem is I'm using custom buckets front and rear as well as cutting the center out for the tr6060 so I'll be modifying a stock full floor replacement pan so much, it begs the question as to why spend 6-7 hundred on one

Most likely full floors. I started making a floor pan for the drivers side but I'm re thinking just patching the front two pans and going ahead with a full floor. My problem is I'm using custom buckets front and rear as well as cutting the center out for the tr6060 so I'll be modifying a stock full floor replacement pan so much, it begs the question as to why spend 6-7 hundred on one
Gotcha. I put an AMD in mine, but I'd have an issue too if I was needing to mod and cut etc.

Gotcha. I put an AMD in mine, but I'd have an issue too if I was needing to mod and cut etc.
Yeah rough math, but I'll be cutting and modifying a little over 50 perfect of the pan

Ignore the mess. Being planting season. Dart got tucked back into the corner of misc crap.

But I did get the rear mostly ready to be welded in. Got to fab a couple things up before then but everything does line up and the trunk closes with proper gaps

View attachment 1715045914

This is exactly what Im trying to do with my 74, hope to see more pictures of the process involving the welding bits for the tail light panel

This is exactly what Im trying to do with my 74, hope to see more pictures of the process involving the welding bits for the tail light panel
i'll try and get some posted. best advice, buy a donor car. or at least the back half of a donor car. cut what you need off. Course dont measure once, twice, or three times, measure like 5 times. I took my time and some how, got real lucky and the trunk lid lined up perfectly on the first go. as for welding. mines only tacked in at the moment. I'll be doing a full stitch weld at some point soon.

Errr what's up doc? Memorial weekend project.

IMG_4800.JPG

IMG_4802.JPG

IMG_4803.JPG

Ignore the boost gauge, won't be running it. And I'll be re-doing the layout as A: it doesn't fit an A body Dash frame and B: I don't like it.

IMG_4804.JPG

IMG_4805.JPG

Decided to work on some little stuff while having to play nurse for the injured wife.

IMG_5054.JPG

IMG_5058.JPG

IMG_5059.JPG

Thanks to Mopar Tim, the dart engine is nearly complete parts wise.

IMG_5060.JPG

Well finally the stars aligned and I have my 6 speed. LS1 T56. Price was pretty fair. It is the last single big ticket item on my bucket list for this dart besides paint. Everything else is just a couple hundred bucks here or there. Plus now I can finish the floor pans!

739D453F-AFB3-44E3-B528-14F3A8B1C794.jpeg

I was doing math sitting there to figure out my final drive ratio and rpms now with the t56 vs the 833 which was my first plan.

Im using a 3.23 suregrip 8.75 (for now, may step up to a dana 60 and sell the 8.75)

with the 440 and the 833, assuming a 26 inch tall tire. to run interstate speed of 70 mph, I'd be spinning about 3000 RPMS.

Now same engine and tire, with same rear, using the T56, I'd be running about 1900 RPMS.

Question is now, is that 1900 going to be too low in 6th gear and should I step up that rear gear? The 1st gear ratio is a 2.66:1 in the t56 vs a 2.44 in the the 833.

I was doing math sitting there to figure out my final drive ratio and rpms now with the t56 vs the 833 which was my first plan.

Im using a 3.23 suregrip 8.75 (for now, may step up to a dana 60 and sell the 8.75)

with the 440 and the 833, assuming a 26 inch tall tire. to run interstate speed of 70 mph, I'd be spinning about 3000 RPMS.

Now same engine and tire, with same rear, using the T56, I'd be running about 1900 RPMS.

Question is now, is that 1900 going to be too low in 6th gear and should I step up that rear gear? The 1st gear ratio is a 2.66:1 in the t56 vs a 2.44 in the the 833.
I haven't been paying attention. What cam and converter?

I suppose it depends how smooth it runs at 1900 rpm. It should be ok.
Yeah, I may have to make the dana 60 choice anyway, which means that rear gear steps up to 3.55 or 4.10. Guess I need to make that decision rapidly.

You would definitely make enough power at 1900, but with that cam it might be lugging a bit. If you already have those gears try it. If not probably go 1 step up.

-
Back