Project 440DD

-
You would definitely make enough power at 1900, but with that cam it might be lugging a bit. If you already have those gears try it. If not probably go 1 step up.
I may step up a tad then. Or downsize the cam before I put it together

Another piece to the puzzle. Just kind of set it in there. This is the competition engineering brand Main hoop. It fits perfectly other than it’s about 3.5 inches short of the roof. So I’ll likely raise it up some.

Also scored some 2012 Challenger seats, fully powered and heated with leather for literally 20 bucks from the local scraper. Also just loosely mocked up for now but they seem to fit. Probably move them forward a few inches. When they’re all the way back, the head rest touch the main hoop.

CD8B97F6-8379-4F4B-8942-F79E39DD38C4.jpeg

722DC416-C390-4461-A23C-213A3783DD70.jpeg

ended up picking up a D60 from an early 70s dodge pickup. 4.10 gears. Going to have it cut down and stronger yet axles put in. now to decide what to cut it down too

ended up picking up a D60 from an early 70s dodge pickup. 4.10 gears. Going to have it cut down and stronger yet axles put in. now to decide what to cut it down too
If you're going to run stock wheels on it I recommend 51 1/2 in. That's flange to flange on the housing.
I built mine with 52 and 5/8 to go under a Duster or Dart. But remenber using the wider brakes eats up an inch.

If you're going to run stock wheels on it I recommend 51 1/2 in. That's flange to flange on the housing.
I built mine with 52 and 5/8 to go under a Duster or Dart. But remenber using the wider brakes eats up an inch.
yeah, I'll be running 18s to clear the suspension stuff of the watts set up.

Decided to see what the 4 buckets will look like in this thing with the main hoop. Fit pretty well. Rears will go farther back about 4.5 to 5 inches yet. Front of the rear buckets are perfectly lined up with where the drop off on the floor pan is. I was worried with the wider, deeper front buckets that the leg room would be non existent. Looks like it’ll be just about stock with the fronts as far back as possible.

0CE6583E-1E65-4958-8DE6-42735D730EA5.jpeg

69C7D0D1-28E9-46EB-A1A7-8A748EBBCCDA.jpeg

2F512B14-40CB-48BA-8F9F-A5B0A6CA8F7D.jpeg

CD391174-22DD-42D6-8C23-889DC7344B8C.jpeg

Decided to see what the 4 buckets will look like in this thing with the main hoop. Fit pretty well. Rears will go farther back about 4.5 to 5 inches yet. Front of the rear buckets are perfectly lined up with where the drop off on the floor pan is. I was worried with the wider, deeper front buckets that the leg room would be non existent. Looks like it’ll be just about stock with the fronts as far back as possible.

View attachment 1715300757

View attachment 1715300758

View attachment 1715300759

View attachment 1715300760
Super cool project! Once I put a roll bar in something I typically jettison the rear seats! I snagged a set of Córdoba seats for my Demon. CL for 100 bucks. I am quarreling now with myself about a roll bar. Your twin buckets in the back are making me rethink my plans! Honking brilliant DB318!

Super cool project! Once I put a roll bar in something I typically jettison the rear seats! I snagged a set of Córdoba seats for my Demon. CL for 100 bucks. I am quarreling now with myself about a roll bar. Your twin buckets in the back are making me rethink my plans! Honking brilliant DB318!
Thanks. As you see it, I have 60 bucks total in the seats. I’ll be covering them all to match eventually. Right now, trying to see how things are going to work around my T56 and the roll cage. I’ve got come other ideas coming yet too.

Thanks. As you see it, I have 60 bucks total in the seats. I’ll be covering them all to match eventually. Right now, trying to see how things are going to work around my T56 and the roll cage. I’ve got come other ideas coming yet too.
Totally understand my tranny is the T-60 honking tunnel is huge! Rough tacked it all in today. I am at that point in the floor pan where I either need to go with roll bar or not. I am basically building it as a daily driver for wife and she does not like the roll bars in the Cuda etc. I just figure it makes the whole thing safer so why not? She explained it will never see the track. I have already put battery in trunk and have power switch on back panel. He he he he!

IMG_2009.JPG

Totally understand my tranny is the T-60 honking tunnel is huge! Rough tacked it all in today. I am at that point in the floor pan where I either need to go with roll bar or not. I am basically building it as a daily driver for wife and she does not like the roll bars in the Cuda etc. I just figure it makes the whole thing safer so why not? She explained it will never see the track. I have already put battery in trunk and have power switch on back panel. He he he he!

View attachment 1715300774
What’s the tunnel look like from inside the car?

IMG_1742.JPG
What’s the tunnel look like from inside the car?
Didn't take a pix of that! Dang adult beverages took over, and some good music! I really don't worry to much about it since it is under carpet. But man the tunnel is big to go over the T-60. Attached is one while I was still mitering it into place.

View attachment 1715300776
Didn't take a pix of that! Dang adult beverages took over, and some good music! I really don't worry to much about it since it is under carpet. But man the tunnel is big to go over the T-60. Attached is one while I was still mitering it into place.
My apologies I am just now back reading a bit! I had to cut so much floor pan I chose not to bother replacing it and just fabricated my own panels. On plus side I scored a OEM Hurst shifter from a B body. I have two now so let me know and we can likely work something out if you are interested. Kind of depends where you locate your seats. I am well over 6ft so I tend to locate mine deep in the pan so I am comfy, thus the long handled shifter.

My apologies I am just now back reading a bit! I had to cut so much floor pan I chose not to bother replacing it and just fabricated my own panels. On plus side I scored a OEM Hurst shifter from a B body. I have two now so let me know and we can likely work something out if you are interested. Kind of depends where you locate your seats. I am well over 6ft so I tend to locate mine deep in the pan so I am comfy, thus the long handled shifter.
I made the same decision. Having to cut nearly 40 percent of the floor made no logical sense to pay for a full pan.

I made the same decision. Having to cut nearly 40 percent of the floor made no logical sense to pay for a full pan.
The tunnel size created some conflict with pedal orientation heads up. I have mine quasi located. But I used the booster from the donor SRT. I am at the point I am considering regrouping and going with a smaller Wildwood unit. But I have to be choosy where I spend cash and I have the OEM pedals and booster from donor car so that is cash I save and can use somewhere else. Do I like the size of the booster? Heck no but the price is right! Likely change later but for now I think I will rock the mondo booster. I need to modify the inner fender a bit to accept the donor booster. Not the end of the world but yet another pain in the butt. It never stops!

The tunnel size created some conflict with pedal orientation heads up. I have mine quasi located. But I used the booster from the donor SRT. I am at the point I am considering regrouping and going with a smaller Wildwood unit. But I have to be choosy where I spend cash and I have the OEM pedals and booster from donor car so that is cash I save and can use somewhere else. Do I like the size of the booster? Heck no but the price is right! Likely change later but for now I think I will rock the mondo booster. I need to modify the inner fender a bit to accept the donor booster. Not the end of the world but yet another pain in the butt. It never stops!
Yeah, I wondered about that I think I’m gonna go with a set of race pedals, much closer together, built in master cylinder. Kind of similar to the Wilwoods. I

Yeah, I wondered about that I think I’m gonna go with a set of race pedals, much closer together, built in master cylinder. Kind of similar to the Wilwoods. I
I ended up cutting the pedals off the mounting platform and made my own pedal configuration. Made them closer together and shorter so that they fit in the space I had. I did end up butching some of the space above to make them fit. All in all a total PITA. I think your plan is better.

Quarter panel removed on both sides now, new quarter in place with Clekos, . Working on the inner rocker patch pieces now, they are just totally gone on the passenger side, drivers side just one small area . Thinking about just ordering a new inner versus making one for the passenger side

74CFA412-ECD5-4A95-A132-68ADB90B1936.jpeg

A47C196E-1EEA-41AF-9E56-B31DF1340104.jpeg

1F35F2E4-BEE5-4E63-8C57-540B2F0D81A0.jpeg

4336E6DA-F032-406F-B145-A7A56E3F31EF.jpeg

32DEE827-AF76-4370-BFFE-41F7CC02FC31.jpeg

5CE08653-A97B-4605-8656-FEA6732924EE.jpeg

719D0C58-B528-44BF-9575-01F9BD326751.jpeg

Nice. Awesome build. Who made your quarters?
The driver's side one is AMD, the passenger side is Goodmark. Now, I know AMD's reputation, but I was rather unimpressed with the fitment and overall quality. Plus, they stopped making them. The Goodmark I got is pretty good, a bit of an extra flange to trim off but its closer to fitting the original than the AMD is. And several bucks cheaper. I've got a thread on it somewhere.

Got Goodmarks for both cudas. Have not attempted putting em on yet. Not that i am wary of doing that, just havent gotten that far. Some guys have said they have had trouble fitting them on the cudas.

BTW my autorotate on my phone is disabled as of last update. Tried to find it in system settings, but its not there. Oh well. Have you checked out the build thread i got going on w my son?

Got Goodmarks for both cudas. Have not attempted putting em on yet. Not that i am wary of doing that, just havent gotten that far. Some guys have said they have had trouble fitting them on the cudas.

BTW my autorotate on my phone is disabled as of last update. Tried to find it in system settings, but its not there. Oh well. Have you checked out the build thread i got going on w my son?

this one? if so, yes, I'm actually "subscribed" to it

67/68/69 cuda dilemma

-
Back