Project 440DD

-
Do they go farther back? Looks like it could be tight when the front seats are in but its hard to judge from here.

Do they go farther back? Looks like it could be tight when the front seats are in but its hard to judge from here.
they do, I have to make the brackets but they actually have the same leg room as the factory bench and they sit about 1.5 inches lower than the bench, so the headroom is actually more, and will be even more so when I make the custom brackets and do away with the 5 inch tall factory tracks/sliders.

the sliders/brackets currently stick out about 3 inches behind the seats and are hitting the cross braces, so once modified, they'll sit that much farther back

Finally took some time to work on the dart . Rear quarter replacement. AMD panel. Fits pretty good a couple dings from shipping but nothing major.

Side note: my 3 yr old decided she wanted to practice her counting before school this morning so I let her write on the car.

IMG_0572.JPG

IMG_0573.JPG

IMG_0574.JPG

IMG_0575.JPG

IMG_0576.JPG

IMG_0580.JPG

IMG_0582.JPG

IMG_0581.JPG

IMG_0580.JPG

Still got a lot of work to do but it's pretty close

IMG_0635.JPG

Gotta love AMD. Fits right,lines are where the factory intended plus correct guage sheet metal. Good stuff.I cheaped out and went Sherman on the 1/4 panels,main difference being thinner metal. But good enough for me. I had to get the wheel tubs AMD,no one else makes that.

Gotta love AMD. Fits right,lines are where the factory intended plus correct guage sheet metal. Good stuff.I cheaped out and went Sherman on the 1/4 panels,main difference being thinner metal. But good enough for me. I had to get the wheel tubs AMD,no one else makes that.
Actually I've found the AMD to be incorrect for a 74. The marker light is in the wrong place and the quarter overall is an inch shorter where the tail panel goes

thinking heavily on this rim, its really starting to grow on me. What do you all think?

img_1331_1.jpg

Hmm. The buckets in the rear is an interesting idea. I'm guessing you'll be taking the headrests off?

It's a good looking rim. Ask Dave pretty please to do his magic and you'll see how they'll look. :)
eh I dont wanna bother the man. He's done enough for me on that already lol. I'm trying to figure out how to do it myself but me and photoshop fighting each other :rofl:

Ignore the mess. Being planting season. Dart got tucked back into the corner of misc crap.

But I did get the rear mostly ready to be welded in. Got to fab a couple things up before then but everything does line up and the trunk closes with proper gaps

IMG_1105.JPG

Question..... I was doing some measuring on the dart yesterday.... the opening for the radiator is only 22.5 inches wide. I'm gonna be running a 26 inch, 4 core radiator to keep the big block cool. My question is, should I try to cut the opening larger by 2 inches on each side?

Question..... I was doing some measuring on the dart yesterday.... the opening for the radiator is only 22.5 inches wide. I'm gonna be running a 26 inch, 4 core radiator to keep the big block cool. My question is, should I try to cut the opening larger by 2 inches on each side?
? I don`t know, but I`ve got a 28x19 crossflow, w/ 2 rows of 1 1/4" tubes. the core it self fits the stock opening on my 68 fastback. I`ve wondered if cutting the opening out to let air hit the tanks woud do very much good>??????????all opinions are welcome.

? I don`t know, but I`ve got a 28x19 crossflow, w/ 2 rows of 1 1/4" tubes. the core it self fits the stock opening on my 68 fastback. I`ve wondered if cutting the opening out to let air hit the tanks woud do very much good>??????????all opinions are welcome.
dont know, it is a good question. I know the radiator needs to seal to the core to get full flow of the air.

I'm looking at a Champion 4 row,
MC374 Radiator Dimensions:
Total: 22.5" tall (23.5" w/ Cap) x 29" wide (including brackets)
Core: 16.25" tall x 26" wide x 2.5" thick
Inlet: 1.5" driver side
Outlet: 1.75" passenger side
Tanks: 3.13" thick
Tubes: 0.63" thick

Measuring my dart, I got the opening at 22.5 inches wide. I forget the height measurement off top of my head, but it was fairly close to that as well.

Removed the old photobucket links and re-uploaded the pics. hopefully things make sense now without that annoying photobucket pay per view add.

-
Back