Prostate Cancer

-
hEY GUYS JUST A THOUGHT ON THIS SUBJECTTHE GIRLS HAVE THEIR BIG THING ON BREAST CANCER YOU NOW THE RUNS THAT ARE ALL OVER THE WORLD WHY IN THE HELL DON'T US GUYS GET STARTED ON SOMETHING LIKE THIS MAYBE CAR SHOWES TO START AND LONG ROD RUNS WE JUST NEED SOME HIGH PROFILE PERSON TO HELP US GET THIS STARTED AND YES AL CAPS I AM YELLING MY FATHER PASSED AWAY FROM THIS CRAP

My Dr. started running a PSA test on me at 40, I'm now 53. My PSA for years was below 1. It slowly increased to 1.6 last year. This year after getting my yearly work up they called me, said everything was normal except my PSA had went to 5.8. Prostrate troubles have run in my family for years so needless to say it scared the ship out of me. I called my urologist the same day for an appointment. I went to see him and he put me on antibiotics for 30 days, told me to get the PSA test redone in 6 weeks and come back and see him in 8 weeks. I told him then if he does a biopsy and it shows any cancer at all my prostate can take a long walk off a short pier. I'm not letting that little thing kill me. I've been as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rockin' chairs. All I can do now is wait.

As for the "exam" on one occasion the Dr. pushed upward and asked if it hurt and I told him no but his watch band was starting to pinch. I honestly didn't think he would ever stop laughing.

And yes everyone 40 and over should be test yearly. Seems like everytime you turn around you hear of someone dying from it.

My PSA was running around 4.3. But my doctor said that I had to obstain from sex for 1 week prior, if that helps any.

Mike

I hit 40 this year. I saw my doc yesterday with just a normal visit (diabetes) but the doc never mentions things like this.

We're men here so lay it on the line.... lol

Exactly how is the digital test performed? If anything I will know what to look forward to and want have any surprises.

After the prostate is removed does your "man hood" go with it? No more nuky?? The reason I ask is my friend had his removed and he was a pitiful thing after that. I didn't want to ask exactly what they did because he wasn't taking so well.

The Dr will tell you to drop your drawers, turn around and bend over. They use their finger to check your prostate, it's located near where the sun don't shine! LOl It is uncomfortable but doesn't take long.

I had the regular surgery done, I have about a 6 inch scar. I heal fast so that wasn't a problem. They spared the nerves (Doc said whatever abilities I walked into his office with I would keep) and he was right. I still have a little stress incontinance and it gets worse if I drink coffee or alcohol. But, I am getting better week by week. Junior will be a little slow for a while but it will come back if they don't touch the nerves.

Thats why you MUST get the test once a year, find it before it gets into the nerves and surrounding tissue. Sex will be a little different..shooting blanks! Open surgery will take a little longer to heal but it's not as bad as having your appendix out (been there too) so if your test is positive get it taken care of by a good Dr and move on with your life..

6 Years cancer free, Was diagnosed with prostate cancer had the surgery and guess what i'm here and enjoying my family and all life offers. Thank god my wife pushed me to get the check-up. Now if i can just get that dam Dart together and done. Geez

-
Back