Prostate Cancer

-

CUDACOX

Reaction score
To all men 40+ Please take my advice and get tested (P.S.A.test) I had a real shock this past Spring when I found out at 44,that I have Prostate Cancer! I had to have my Prostate removed just this past Sept.I have excepted the fact,and I'm glad to be alive. Normally Doctor's don't advise a blood test for it until age 50.I think sometimes,and it's scary, that if I had waited,I might not have made 50! I had no symptom's and mostly you never do if it is early stage. It's when you start having these symptom's it becomes harder to cure.I don't mean to ramble on,but just take it from me,and get TESTED!! Thanks for reading and Thanks FABO!

my next door neighbor has it bad.He is gittin nuked and is almost finished.The doc gave him 2 years till he sees what the treatment has done.Has Benn operated on 2 times

Glad they caught it in time and good to hear you're okay. I get tested every year since turning 40. Good advice!! The digital test...not fun!!:angry7:

Glad you caught it in time, by telling all your friends and family members to get checked, your experience can save another life!

Glad it was caught in time. I'm 62 and get the blood test and exam on a regular basis. IT IS WORTH IT. Come on guys get the test and exam. It can save you from a world of hurt no matter what you think.!

Hey Craig, my stepdad was diagnosed with it, and it is in remission now with treatment. When I turned 40 I got the "tender" test and all good, but that was a few years ago. Glad to hear you are ok.

Glad they caught it in time and good to hear you're okay. I get tested every year since turning 40. Good advice!! The digital test...not fun!!:angry7:
The Digital test is NO fun,that's for Sure! My Digital test showed no sign's ,even when the Doctor did the Biopsy,he said it all looked fine, even though the test's did come back showing the Cancer.It was the blood test that started the ball rolling! My P.S.A. level was 20.7!! Here in Canada it costs $35.00 to have it checked. I think my life is worth $35.00 just like all of your's out there! Pass it on!! Craig.

Hey Craig, my stepdad was diagnosed with it, and it is in remission now with treatment. When I turned 40 I got the "tender" test and all good, but that was a few years ago. Glad to hear you are ok.
Steve, It's time to get tested again!! This is something that should be tested every year!! Peace of mind for $35.00! Craig.

Yep,time for me to get tested as I,m not getting any younger.Thanks for the reminder Craig.:bootysha:

I've been getting tested every year for a long time. We used to get the test for free where I worked as part of our yearly physical. I never gave it much thought until one year I got a prostate infection and my numbers went from the low of .06 to 5.7! I had no signs of anything wrong either. I was worried for sure but it turned out to be just an infection and antibiotics took care of it and my numbers came back down to the .06 to 1.0 range and have stayed there. I never let a year go by without geting checked. I've had to many friends that have had the cancer surgery and a few of them didn't last to long afterwards because they waited to long before getting checked and then it was to late. So yes...it only makes good sense to have a annual checkup.

Hi Graig glad you are okay.
I was told a long time ago, to avoid prostrate cancer you have to pull your wire every day, so I make that my best practice.
And that old timer that told me is well into his 80's now.

Kenny

Glad to hear you caught it in tim Craig. My 81 year old father in law has had it kicked for a few years now. He's a tough old dude, too. I don't think I'd try him on my best day. lol

Hey Guy's let's make it known that this is serious! Don't be shy! Now that I Have been through it I can speak out loud and say get checked! This thread should grow large in our FABO Site!

Hi Graig glad you are okay.
I was told a long time ago, to avoid prostrate cancer you have to pull your wire every day, so I make that my best practice.
And that old timer that told me is well into his 80's now.

Kenny
um..ok

Glad you are ok!!:cheers:
Ugh,Im getting up there in that age ,not yet,but close!not looking forward to that:angry7:

My dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 1989,had it removed and is still alive and kick'n.He just turned 77 and going strong.I just turned 40 so I'm getting checked this month,this will be my first,other than the blood test.

Craig and I have been talking about this for awhile, I am 47 and I am going through Bladder cancer right now. I found out in Feb of this year, but like Craig said he felt fine, no pain at all. Well that was the same with me, I did some very heavy lifting one day at work.."a special job came in" I got to do it, shortly after I was peeing blood. Thing is, I had no clue, and no pain, and if I didn't do that job I might not have known for years and it would have been to late.
Take Craigs advice....you can't put a dollar value on your life.....well maybe you can...but you shouldn't LOL
Get tested
AL

I just got back from seeing the Doctor today for the first follow-up (bloodwork) since I had surgery in Sept. Everything is clear!! I go back in 3 months to get tested again.

You gotta love it when doctors crack jokes during the "exam". My doctor - "You can run, but you can't hide!"

My dad and both of my uncles have had prostate cancer surgery. I get the exam every year including PSA test. Once I turn 50 in two years, I have to get the scope!!

You gotta love it when doctors crack jokes during the "exam". My doctor - "You can run, but you can't hide!"

When my Doctor tried to check my prostrate for the first time, I tried my damnest to avoid it. He said he gets paid an extra three bucks if the checks it and an extra four bucks if he does't use lubrication. Me being the guy I am I said how much do you think they would pay you if you don't wear a glove. LOL

Kenny

-
Back