Pump It Down....EASY

-
All it should cost is $2.00. Its probably going to be a padded mailer envelope and a ziploc bag inside it

I just tried this on my Saginaw pump in my 69 Dart. The P/S in it was waay to easy. Took the valve out and it had .055 shim in it. So I had a couple extra valves ans wound up increasing the shim stack to .069. It is still way to easy. So I guess I'll up it to about .100. We will see

Well today I upped the shim stack to .093. Still seems to turn to easy. But as soon as it stops raining, I'm going to take it for a drive before I shim it any more.

I just tried this on my Saginaw pump in my 69 Dart. The P/S in it was waay to easy. Took the valve out and it had .055 shim in it. So I had a couple extra valves ans wound up increasing the shim stack to .069. It is still way to easy. So I guess I'll up it to about .100. We will see

in looking to make sure I'm ordering the right kit by properly identifying my pump on this 72 duster /6.

this is a Saginaw style? the p/s lines all go to back of pump.
20200326_015149.jpg

Yep, the Saginaw pump has the ham can (oval) filler neck.

There is some sources that say that the slant six pumps already have the lower pressure pumps. You might research that.

This thing is super light drive. I think that a little shimming could help. All the characteristics spoken about on this topic are consistent with my new purchase. Drives and stops straight, but one false move at speed will have you considering weather you have your turn signal on. Is the 899001 kit spoken of in post #54? Im admittedly a bit confused when the conversation switches from borgeson to saginaw to federal. Seems like borgeson is the same as saginaw?

Thanks for the help!

I shimmed my Saginaw from .055 to .092 with very little difference in the ride. Still to easy.

-
Back