Punked...Mopars are too expensive !!!

-
My wife used to have a 69 chevelle ss396. She looks at the money I've spent building a Mopar Ebody; she tells me I should have built a chevelle.

Nice Camaro by the way.

I know of a Chevelle that a customer had (and sold). He had me tow it to my shop to get the engine running and to fix the brakes.

Vinyl Top car, and it rained that day... it also rained inside the car :eek:ops: Oh yeah, the roof was 90% vinyl, 10% metal (if someone would have farted near the car, the roof would have probably crumbled)

It also had a 350 from an 80's car or truck, and haggard looking wiring to get that engine to work in the car. The quarter panels, rockers and fenders were mostly fiberglass on the lower half.

I got the car running again (it sat in the weeds for over 10 years) and ran new brake lines. He picked the car up and sold it for $2,500 :wack: I can't believe someone paid that much for swiss cheese

my wife owns the chevy's, thats all her family could afford, me on the other hand own nothing but pure mopar iron, i would'nt own a chevy for 1 reason only, it's been said a few times on this particular page there way to common and every mom, dad, son, pops owns 1!!!!! hope you enjoy it nothing better then a rag top you'll love it, i did until some ******* stole my 66 coronet this last summer!!!!!!!!

I am a car guy before anything else, to add in.. At least it is not a newer POS car that is not made with any quality at all. If you have any parts please post them.

i went and looked at this today. dude wants to trade my duster

Attachments

• nova.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 463
  • nova1.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 483
i went and looked at this today. dude wants to trade my duster

68/9? ... Big Block...cool. Grillle treatment...not so cool. Makes me wonder what other 1/2 a$$ed stuff is done to it? If it has a T400, 12 bolt and a interior, it may be worth something. I wouldn't rule out anything these days that i could make a buck off of toward paying my bills and ultimately gettin' me a nice "A".

68/9? ... Big Block...cool. Grillle treatment...not so cool. Makes me wonder what other 1/2 a$$ed stuff is done to it? If it has a T400, 12 bolt and a interior, it may be worth something. I wouldn't rule out anything these days that i could make a buck off of toward paying my bills and ultimately gettin' me a nice "A".
1972 Chevy Nova -

Mid-restoration.
396 Bored 30 Over Roller-Motor. Engine worth $10,000 alone.

so the guy says

Great looking car. Congratulations, you will enjoy that convertible for sure. I had a 68 RS SS and wish I still had it.

I've owned two 396/402's Lance ... even today, none are worth 10k, believe me :). The engine does "look" nice, but i get the feeling it was built by someone else and the rest of the car is being done by someone that's not too swift. The hood scoop and grill stuff, is a red flag to me that the owner may not quite get it. It could also be that they bought it that way and didn't have much input as to what's sitting there. Gotta be a sly detective to tell the real deal, but there is value in everything. Just gotta find what it really is.

I am out...Mopars are too expensive !!!

Well after hoarding and buying up parts on here and craigslist...I can not find time or justify waiting to finish my project so I guess I sold out for a finished car.....

So was it the time or the expense?? That camaro convertible couldn't have been cheaper than a finished and mint A-body, could it?? (BTW, I own a classic '64 Ford and a '77 Z28, so.....I ain't hatin' on ya, just wondering).

Do you need a towl to wipe the tears. Millions of cheap chinese chevys, and fords, thats why mopars are more its supply and demand, Im surprised you didnt get a 57 chevy everyone seams to have one of them too.
dont like em either
i had a 67 hard top 327 3spd on the floor biggest pos i ever owned
i agree 100% my good friend chris who has a 67 camaro ss 327 4 speed, which he brags about all the time to me by the way, gives me flack all the time about my 68 cuda fastback. one day, i help him pull the motor and trans out of the car, you wont BELIEVE how MUCH the floor crumbles and creaks without that big huge ridiculous trans crossmember in there!! the 4 speed linkage is a tiny cobbled up mess, it absolutely flex's while trying to shift hard. the way the whole car is built is just shitty.
Just don't get upset when people walk around it real fast to get to that Challenger or 'cuda they are trying to look at. Anyhow good luck with it!
i agree. i dont even look at chevys. so common. so alike. no one comes up with something new...
Ask to see receipts. No offense to any Chevy guys here but I've met alot that are completely full of $h!t
here that many times, but also with mopar guys. lol

Well, we all got a car in the back of our mind that would make us sell out our Mopar heritage. But few would admit it. Mine is a '67 Mini Cooper S 1275. Its kinda strange. That car would be complete, done. Would get covered during the week and cruised during the weekend. It just seems I'm always messin' with my Mopar, trying to make it better, faster or what not. Seems like I cant keep my hands off her....jeeze, and I'm married too? But that's what I love about Mopars. There is always something you can do on it to make it better in your eyes. Its what drives me to keep mine. Now if I had both...time to get a bigger garage.....!

I chose to be stalwart and stick by my mopar build inspite of everything that has happened. I have had it far tougher than most,maybe not as bad as a few but for the most part I have a pretty huge mountain to climb before I can even think about building my Dart. But ya know what? I aint no chicken and I aint no chevie boy either,lol! It's mopar for me. Eventually it will get done,just like everything else.Prices might actually come down by the time I'm ready....

Congrats, TXDart. 1st gen Camaros are amazing and yours looks like a great example.

I just hope your project went to a loving home. :)

Just because a Camaro isn't my dream car, I don't have anything against someone for liking them. Most Saturdays a bunch of car guys get together at a donut shop nearby, usually I am the only Mopar there but the other guys treat me well, show interest and take time to help me out. We should all stick together and enjoy our old iron, because most of the next generation are into computer and video...

-
Back