Punked...Mopars are too expensive !!!

-
You should rethink that statement. Convertibles are the real babe getters. I can think of plenty of shows where the vehicle was a convertible such as Nash Bridges and Mannix who both drove Mopar convertibles. As matter of fact they retrifitted the parts off a 73 with a 71 to have Mannix's convertible.

When a factory equipped Mopar hardtop is put up against a matching equipped Mopar convertible in the same shape the convertible will always bring more money. Anyone can have a vintage hardtop but not everyone can have a convertible.

Instead of dissing a man for buying something other than a Mopar you should show some class and congratulate him on such a nice car even though you don't like the brand. After working on customers cars in his mechanic shop all week long do you think maybe he would like to have a nice car to enjoy on the weekends? Personally I am not a snob and appreciate all American made iron including the Edsel because all these cars kept Americans working.

Something else to remember, he may be the person that has or knows where to get the one part you need or how to tell you how to fix the problem with your car.

You are the man:prayer:
Very well put

Hell, I thought I was buying a "done" car so I could enjoy driving it more than fixing it. Turns out I was wrong. Many times I wished I had a classic ford or chevy so I could order cheaper and more plentiful parts.

You should rethink that statement. Convertibles are the real babe getters. I can think of plenty of shows where the vehicle was a convertible such as Nash Bridges and Mannix who both drove Mopar convertibles. As matter of fact they retrifitted the parts off a 73 with a 71 to have Mannix's convertible.

When a factory equipped Mopar hardtop is put up against a matching equipped Mopar convertible in the same shape the convertible will always bring more money. Anyone can have a vintage hardtop but not everyone can have a convertible.

Instead of dissing a man for buying something other than a Mopar you should show some class and congratulate him on such a nice car even though you don't like the brand. After working on customers cars in his mechanic shop all week long do you think maybe he would like to have a nice car to enjoy on the weekends? Personally I am not a snob and appreciate all American made iron including the Edsel because all these cars kept Americans working.

Something else to remember, he may be the person that has or knows where to get the one part you need or how to tell you how to fix the problem with your car.

Well said Bill....someone has a little "droptop envy"

Im a car guy too Martin, congrats on the nice ride!

OK you guys are confusing me. Is he or is he not a Yellabelly Traitor?

Just Joking Martin :D

Well being a mopar fan you probably like the way their rear ends look.Good thing. Youre gonna be seeing a lot of them.

Why the hate?
Have a 69 convertible camaro
68 mustang convertible
And my dart.

It's like that tostitos commercial with the little girl. Why not both! Ole!

Martin come back to the light...
nutkick.gif

I dont think it is insecurity,Joe I think it is more how the op made his comment. If it were me I would just move on and find a chevy site and then post any mopar parts or cars for sale here to pay for car just purchased. To me it seems his *** is alittle chapped over pricing and parts for a bodies and he came here thinking he could rub our noses in it by buying a camaro. Good for him now move along. Tracing down parts is part of the game owning mopars due to the fact there were a hell of alot less of them made compared to the bowties and blue ovals. That's what makes them special to me. I made alot of acquaintances and heard many stories hunting down parts and eventually found what I needed. Patience required!

Nice looking car, but the higher cost of mopars is worth not having a cookie cutter car.

I dont think it is insecurity,Joe I think it is more how the op made his comment. If it were me I would just move on and find a chevy site and then post any mopar parts or cars for sale here to pay for car just purchased. To me it seems his *** is alittle chapped over pricing and parts for a bodies and he came here thinking he could rub our noses in it by buying a camaro. Good for him now move along. Tracing down parts is part of the game owning mopars due to the fact there were a hell of alot less of them made compared to the bowties and blue ovals. That's what makes them special to me. I made alot of acquaintances and heard many stories hunting down parts and eventually found what I needed. Patience required!

i like many here have been around these cars a long time.. i have a ton of mopar friends and man mopar guys are the most close minded overerly sensitive and insecure people i know.. i love my mopar buddies but i'll call it as i see it.. doesn't make them bad people. i'm proud to call them my friends. all good guys.

and **** man.. ever since mopar became the new fad theres all kinds of check book guys involved and bringing them out to cruises and shows.. mopars are not unique at any event anymore.

no need for the guy to have to leave the site. there are plenty of guys here with other interests other then mopars. thats just more insecurity and close mindedness showing. the guy has a damn nice looking camaro. i would love to see more pictures or it and hear more details about it..

i'm on a few mustang boards.. i have my mustang as my sig pic but have a little picture of my dart as my avatar. you wouldn't believe how many people comment and ask about the dart.. the one board wanted me to put a thread together (in the off topic section) all about it.. i posted it and the positive comments were amazing to me.. not one person wanted to run me off the site because it wasn't a mustang.. being used to mopar boards where the guys get pissed and want to defriend you and run you out of town because you sold a mopar and bought a different make this came as a pleasant surprise.. i posted pics of some of my former cars and some of jamies dart.. they loved the pictures and asked for more..

in the end we are all car guys. some can appreciate other makes and models and maybe own them also. some are just too close minded to like other stuff. its got to suck to be them is all i have to say.. too many cool makes and models out there to pigeon hole yourself into just mopars.

i like many here have been around these cars a long time.. i have a ton of mopar friends and man mopar guys are the most close minded overerly sensitive and insecure people i know.. i love my mopar buddies but i'll call it as i see it.. doesn't make them bad people. i'm proud to call them my friends. all good guys.

and **** man.. ever since mopar became the new fad theres all kinds of check book guys involved and bringing them out to cruises and shows.. mopars are not unique at any event anymore.

no need for the guy to have to leave the site. there are plenty of guys here with other interests other then mopars. thats just more insecurity and close mindedness showing. the guy has a damn nice looking camaro. i would love to see more pictures or it and hear more details about it..

i'm on a few mustang boards.. i have my mustang as my sig pic but have a little picture of my dart as my avatar. you wouldn't believe how many people comment and ask about the dart.. the one board wanted me to put a thread together (in the off topic section) all about it.. i posted it and the positive comments were amazing to me.. not one person wanted to run me off the site because it wasn't a mustang.. being used to mopar boards where the guys get pissed and want to defriend you and run you out of town because you sold a mopar and bought a different make this came as a pleasant surprise.. i posted pics of some of my former cars and some of jamies dart.. they loved the pictures and asked for more..

in the end we are all car guys. some can appreciate other makes and models and maybe own them also. some are just too close minded to like other stuff. its got to suck to be them is all i have to say.. too many cool makes and models out there to pigeon hole yourself into just mopars.

Oh ****, I must be in the wrong place, I thought this was "FORABODIESONLY" my bad, I'm going to go look for that Mopar only site!

Well put. Heck there are members on this site that don't even own a vintage Mopar but we accept them with open arms so what is the difference?

* You are correct Sir! Actually I would like to see it to..On the street so I could kick it's a$$! lol.. As I said before..I like all Muscle cars,Just I like Mopar the best!:burnout:

Well said Joe. Just because I married a brunette doesn't mean I don't like blondes or red heads?! We all have favorites, but being able to accept others for their own preferences and then enjoying the beauty of them is being a true car person.
:cheers: to all the car people in the world!

You don't get it do you? I was referring to how he made his statement! I am sure all of us can appreciate other musclecars BUT this is a MOPAR site. I sure as hell wouldn't go to a chevy site and start dissing camaro's or chevelles. My point is having a mopar puts us in the MINORITY and I can appreciate that. As far as guys with checkbooks I agree with you, BUT that goes across the board for any musclecar not just mopar. The original poster went about it all the WRONG WAY OF SAYING WHAT HE SAID. When you are stand offish what remarks do you expect to get in return? As far as for seeing more of them at shows you are incorrect. When only a handful at shows out of lets say 100 the mopars draw the crowd compared to gm or fords seeing that they are not a dime a dozen. I don't count the new gen musclecars at show cuz if I want to see them I could go to any dealer. I say whatever floats your boat. MOPAR FLOATS MINE INCL DAILY DRIVERS!

You don't get it do you? I was referring to how he made his statement! I am sure all of us can appreciate other musclecars BUT this is a MOPAR site. I sure as hell wouldn't go to a chevy site and start dissing camaro's or chevelles. My point is having a mopar puts us in the MINORITY and I can appreciate that. As far as guys with checkbooks I agree with you, BUT that goes across the board for any musclecar not just mopar. The original poster went about it all the WRONG WAY OF SAYING WHAT HE SAID. When you are stand offish what remarks do you expect to get in return? As far as for seeing more of them at shows you are incorrect. When only a handful at shows out of lets say 100 the mopars draw the crowd compared to gm or fords seeing that they are not a dime a dozen. I don't count the new gen musclecars at show cuz if I want to see them I could go to any dealer. I say whatever floats your boat. MOPAR FLOATS MINE INCL DAILY DRIVERS!
Very well said! =D>

-
Back