putting a vinyl top on the Oldschoolcuda

-
the gasket i have for sale just may be out of my 66 with the vinyl top,,,,any one in need shoot me a pm with a width measurement,,,

All of my trim arrived in great shape and started process today. Still debating precut top, fabricating myself out of bulk material or even skipping vinyl & going gloss black paint with trim which would look cool. Removed the drivers side drip rail trim, loose fit vinyl top drip rail trim and mocked up with scrap piece of fabric just to get feel for look. Attached some pics of drip rail removal process for folks to see along with mocked up drivers side. Will add pics as process continues.

Oldschoolcuda

Attachments

• parts 050.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 166
  • parts 042.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 154
  • parts 043.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 171
  • parts 045.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 169
  • parts 049.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 170
here is an idea,,, I see your interior is gold,,, in the traditional hot rod world,,some would call it the rat rod world, rat rods are junkie vintage bodies, that gives people excuses to make it more junkie,,lol//

any way in the hot rod/custom world the color GOLD is like a richual,, lots of guys either use a metal flake steering wheel,, or paint the roof of there cars super heavy metal flake gold,, if you put the top trim on and painted the rooof like that it would be kool, if u like that look,,, just my 2 cents

Thanks fstfish. First thought on gold was no way but searched the web and found a couple of nostalgia/altered car pics with gold tops and if done right looks very cool. Here is blank canvas ( pics of my cuda ) i'm working with. Also will be switching from rallyes to steelies when top is changed.

Attachments

• PICT0007.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 134
  • PICT0010.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 122
here is an idea,,, I see your interior is gold,,, in the traditional hot rod world,,some would call it the rat rod world, rat rods are junkie vintage bodies, that gives people excuses to make it more junkie,,lol//

any way in the hot rod/custom world the color GOLD is like a richual,, lots of guys either use a metal flake steering wheel,, or paint the roof of there cars super heavy metal flake gold,, if you put the top trim on and painted the rooof like that it would be kool, if u like that look,,, just my 2 cents

KILLER IDEA! Love it...Gold Flake is such a great touch, especially on your budy color...can you say HURST?

I would go with some Radir wheels.... they would look great on your car...I have a custom set on my 65

I would go with some Radir wheels....
You are a bad influence scotty making me look. They have some awesome wheels & nostalgia cheater slicks. Just the look i'm after.

Attachments

• slicks_product_photo.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 104
Sorry for thread dump. Recent retirement & start of new part time gig slowed me up on my cars but back full steam ahead now. After much research and comparing paint & vinyl looks have decided to go contrasting paint on my roof while using vinyl top trim. Pics to come, hopefully this weekend.

Oldschoolcuda

-
Back