Question about 4027596 heads...

-

StevieMac

Reaction score
Does anyone have this set of heads? I have just put on a Edelbrock 2176 and haven't seen these middle water galley on it like this on any heads before.... It appears that they are not for anything special, but I could be wrong. When you put the manifold on, it leaves a gap..

I am assuming that I would need a different intake, but everyone tells me that this is the right manifold for my 360...

Any help is greatly appreciated! (Don't know why, but click on the photo to see it... )

10253860_10201340239668204_543340619744511408_n.jpg

10372524_10201340239708205_2805359729953300808_n.jpg

Pics? You might be talking about the heat riser passage that isn't covered up with most performance intakes.

It is a correct manifold for the 360. There is no middle water galley in those heads. There is the center exhaust gas cross over to heat the underside of the intake manifold for engine starts on cold days. And the rainbow shaped port over the exhaust gas port, open to the atmosphere, to keep the crossover exhaust gasses from burning the oil under the valve covers.

If you are talking about the horse shoe shape port in the center inside of the head, that's normal.

What you see in the center of the head and where the intake meet is the top of the exhaust cross over passage that heats the intake up for all year/weather driving. That half moon shape that is exposed is something that should be there and is OK and just fine as it is.

You do not need a different intake!

OMG, ya know, This mention/question comes up several times a year. It should be a freaking sticky with 8X10 glossy color pictures and commentary in 40 different languages!
LMAO!!!! Maybe get Rusty to do it. Everybody love a Southern drawl.
I wonder if he'll do a video? LMAO!

I bought a set of these heads too, But one got broken during shipping.
The seller sent me another one, But on the Deck facing,I have five extra water ports, one in the middle near the intake flange,and two on either side of the second and fourth head bolt near the exhaust flanges.
Will the extra ports make any difference in how the engine runs on that bank if I use it?

I bought a set of these heads too, But one got broken during shipping.
The seller sent me another one, But on the Deck facing,I have five extra water ports, one in the middle near the intake flange,and two on either side of the second and fourth head bolt near the exhaust flanges.
Will the extra ports make any difference in how the engine runs on that bank if I use it?

Do you mean holes by the exhaust ports?

101_0304.jpg

Your description of these holes sound like casting process holes to let the casting sand out. If the head gasket blocks them all off then you are fine. I have no clue why some casting would have more holes with the same PN... maybe a different foundry or an improved process?

I just checked a Felpro 1008 head gasket and a 360 block against the extra holes that the OP lists. All are blocked by either the block casting or the head gasket. No need to fret...

No worries, run the head, you'll be fine.

It is a correct manifold for the 360. There is no middle water galley in those heads. There is the center exhaust gas cross over to heat the underside of the intake manifold for engine starts on cold days. And the rainbow shaped port over the exhaust gas port, open to the atmosphere, to keep the crossover exhaust gasses from burning the oil under the valve covers.
I dropped a nut from the carb down there. Is it going to fall into the lifter valley? I have a M1 intake

So I looked at the old 2 Barrel intake and I read where it is open to atmosphere. I am assuming the new intake blocks off the bottom of the rainbow. So it cannot fall down below

i too dropped a carb nut down there and went thru same anxiety.youre all good! i ato get it out with a mag tip screwdriver but ive lost a few washers down there since.

i too dropped a carb nut down there and went thru same anxiety.youre all good! i ato get it out with a mag tip screwdriver but ive lost a few washers down there since.
Thank you. I was over worrying about it. It's all good now.

Yea man, no worries, it is just a heat relief. It doesn't go any where.

-
Back