quick fuel metering plate conversion kit... pics..

-

abodyjoe

Reaction score
figured i'd share this because it could come in handy for some. i didn't even know anyone made this until a friend called and told me about it..

kit installed easy enough, you just have to make sure you have the notched float so it doesn't get jammed. here a few pics.

sept1002.jpg

the number on the plate tells ya what jet size it is. the 21 is a 75 jet. my plate was drilled over a 80 jet by someone. the kit comes with a chart in the directions.

sept1001.jpg

you just unscrew the old plate and screw the new ones in.

sept1004.jpg

sept1005.jpg

since i got jet extensions with the new notched float i figured why not use them..

sept1012.jpg

here is the float ya need. if you don't have this notched one it will jam on ya and flood the hell out of your carb and make a big mess...lol. don't ask how i know.. :)

sept1013.jpg

Looks good, please, what is the benefit from that metering Plate?

DieWilde,

This plate allows you to change the jetting on the secondaries of a 4160 style holley carb. The 4160 style carbs had a plate that could only be drilled larger.

Abodyjoe,

Great pics and write up! Well done! :cheers:

What is the cost verses the metering block conversion from Holley? The Holley is $40.00 without the float or the extentions, but you can get the flat type extentions from Mr Gasket for $10.00 and use the std float. Just courious to see which way is cheaper and achieve the same job. I know QF is prettier but you won't be able to see it while running. So looks are unimportant.

probably close to the same. the plate was $40. but i used my existing fuel rail. so that saved from buying a new one. the float and extensions were free from a friend. don't know what they would have cost.

DieWilde,

This plate allows you to change the jetting on the secondaries of a 4160 style holley carb. The 4160 style carbs had a plate that could only be drilled larger.

Abodyjoe,

Great pics and write up! Well done! :cheers:

Ah, ok good to know! I just rebuild my 4160 and thats a possibility to gt more power. Maybe i will order one! Thank you!

-
Back