Quick time with Jerico on a B/RB

-

blue_stocker

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anybody here using a Quicktime bellhousing with Jerico DR4? Other than the rotten expense, is there or are there any fitment or tech issues with these? This is for an A-body application if any of you are thinking 'why not use the Lakewood'? I know the Quick time units are much smaller in the firewall-tunnel area so that area is a huge plus...THANKS!

on right side of tunnel have to cut a small piece out to let trans fit in tunnel also, redo trans crossmember. trans yoke is a turbo 400 style. 1350.
also, trim around shifter hole to get long shifter to fit.

Which input shaft length do you have on your DR-4 Mopar,Chevy, or Ford? They make all 3 in in the 18 spline Mopar, the length, bearing retainer and pilot bearing dimensions are different. If I remember correctly Quicktimes bell for Mopars for the Jerico is for the Chevy input shaft length. If you are use the Mopar input shaft length and bearing retainer then you have to use the bellhousing for the 833. I used the Quicktime bell for the stock 833 on my small block. 3 out of the 4 bolt holes for the Jerico are already drilled and tapped in that bellhousing, two 1/2 inch holes on top and one 7/16 on the bottom left. I just drilled and tapped another 7/16 hole for the lower right position and used the centering ring that came with the bell on the Mopar bearing retainer and stock Mopar pilot bushing 3/4 inch inside diameter. The 833 bell is deeper so you can use the stock Mopar throwout bearing gives more room for the centrifugal weights to swing out if you use a Soft-Loc Clutch. I ended up using two block plates(cut the center out of one) to get more clearance for the centrifugal weights, with just one the weights just polished the paint on the inside of the bell, two no more witness marks.

Forgot to say if you use the 833 Quicktime bell, you can use all the factory clutch linkage, clutch fork and fork pivot. You have to clearance the tunnel in a few places to clear the Jerico. Mine had the thick finned top cover that did not fit the tunnel, so I made a new top plate out of 1/8 inch steel plate and used button head bolts to secure it. Then a little clearancing with a hammer and then a little refabing of the tranny crossmember and mount it fit just fine.

Forgot to say if you use the 833 Quicktime bell, you can use all the factory clutch linkage, clutch fork and fork pivot. You have to clearance the tunnel in a few places to clear the Jerico. Mine had the thick finned top cover that did not fit the tunnel, so I made a new top plate out of 1/8 inch steel plate and used button head bolts to secure it. Then a little clearancing with a hammer and then a little refabing of the tranny crossmember and mount it fit just fine.
What’s your application?

My trans is a DR-4 wide gear clutch assist, the one with the top and bottom plates for access for tearing down the tranny. It is in a 66 Dart 2dr post.

My trans is a DR-4 wide gear clutch assist, the one with the top and bottom plates for access for tearing down the tranny. It is in a 66 Dart 2dr post.
Drag car?

It's a streetcar that's a little more to the drag race side.

GREGG`PICTURES 001.jpg

1207191239.jpg

1224150828.jpg

Anybody here using a Quicktime bellhousing with Jerico DR4? Other than the rotten expense, is there or are there any fitment or tech issues with these? This is for an A-body application if any of you are thinking 'why not use the Lakewood'? I know the Quick time units are much smaller in the firewall-tunnel area so that area is a huge plus...THANKS![/QUOTE
Both of the Quicktime bellhousings use the 130-tooth flywheel so if you were going to use the typical "soft lok" type clutch that uses a 11" Long pressure plate then you will need a 143-tooth flywheel. The 10" Long will fit on a 130-tooth flywheel if you go that route.
I'm not sure what clutch you are going to use so this may not matter.

-
Back