R.I.P. Hostess snacks

-
I just went to our local stop & shop, and the snack asile was a mad house! People grabbing all the twinkies and cup cakes they can. I managed to wiggle in and get a couple boxes of coffee cakes....geeeeze.....I was almost beat'en by a woman with a huge hand bag, yelling get away, I'm buying them all. It's one big hostess frenzy!! LOL ( just kiddin )

Expect a quick sale, probably to someone closely tied to the existing company, and a turn-around to production in no time. Business will get moved to states more friendly to employers instead of employees.

Hostess will come out of bankruptcy and will sell to a shell company and void their union contracts, stiff any company they owe money including retired employees. I willing to bet the ceo and board come out smelling like a rose. You going to see alot more companies go belly up in the next year or two. :wack:

Yep it will probably happen. We have a Wonder bakery in town and quite a few will be out of work. I am not pro or anti union but I find it interesting that as powerful as the Teamsters is they agreed with the company that if the strike continues the company will fold. Hostess has already declared Chapter 11 twice in the last few years which should be a good indication that things aren't so good but the unions wanted more. Hate to see a American icon go like that. tmm

Hell with Hostess and the union. I still got my Krispy Kreme donuts.I took a 20 % pay cut and was damn glad to have a job. Want to play hard ball sometimes you strike out.

its going to happen more buisnesses will begin to take hard lines on spending. this economy will not allow for over paying anything. be prepared because markets will correct themselves or they will colapse... best to let them correct

We had a Butternut bread factory here that folded a little over a year ago. I hate to say it, but I saw the writing on the wall then. It's sad, but I'm hoping that a company like Sara Lee (and not the Chinese equivalent of Sala Ree) will step in and buy up the rights.

The other stuff tastes like wax. I'm about to tear up my last 3 pack of zingers.

The news here said 800 jobs in Indiana lost. I will miss them Dolly Madison wasnt as good IMO. RIP

Dolly Madison is part of the Hostess product line.

Below is a full brand name list that Hostess sold under.

Baker's Inn
Beefsteak
Blue Ribbon
Bread du Jour
Butternut Breads
Colombo
Cotton’s
Di Carlo
Dolly Madison
Drakes
Dutch Hearth
Eddy’s
Good Hearth
Holsom
Home Pride
Hostess
J.J. Nissen
Merita
Millbrook
Mrs. Cubbison's Foods
Nature's Pride
Parisian
Standish Farms
Sweetheart
Twinkie
Toscana
Wonder Bread

Plant locations;

Birmingham, AL
Anchorage, AK
Los Angeles ,CA (2)
Oakland, CA
Sacramento, CA
Denver, CO
Jacksonville, FL
Orlando; FL
Columbus, GA
Hodgkins, IL
Peoria, IL
Schiller Park, IL
Columbus, IN
Indianapolis, IN
Waterloo, IA
Emporia, KS
Lenexa, KA
Alexandria, LA
Biddeford, ME
Boonville, MO
Billings, MT
Henderson, NV
Wayne, NJ
Rocky Mount, NC
Defiance, OH
Northwood, OH
Tulsa, OK
Philadelphia, PA
Knoxville, TN
Memphis, TN
Ogden, UT
Salt Lake City, UT

The Denver factory closed on Friday. With the legalization of pot in Colorado, i think they would've done just fine if they just held off another 6 months.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1vYj0E2Hr0&feature=related"]Zombieland - The Last box of Twinkies - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back