Racers...I want your .02 here...

Is this guy a wimp?

• Total voters
-
Also - what the heck is he trailering a 13 or 14 second truck for?

He's trailering the truck for two reasons: he wants to, and he can.
He can keep his truck on the trailer for storage, hitch up and go whenever he wants to race. Once he gets to the track all he has to do is unload and go. No changing from street tires to slicks, no dropping mufflers and exhaust system, and most importantly he doesn't have to worry about his street stuff growing legs and walking away while he's out racing.

He can keep his truck on the trailer for storage, hitch up and go whenever he wants to race. Once he gets to the track all he has to do is unload and go. No changing from street tires to slicks, no dropping mufflers and exhaust system, and most importantly he doesn't have to worry about his street stuff growing legs and walking away while he's out racing.

with a 13 or 14 second car - do you think he's running slicks or modified exhaust system? To me, a 13 or 14 second car seems like one that would be a daily driver-type car.. not race-prepped, that's for sure.

A guy who races a 74 Dart with stock 318 runs 9.30 in the 1/8. Doesn't burnout. Drives to the track and back in the car. Puts a lot of fast cars on the trailer. Drives the track in Drive. That's bracket racing. Deal with it and learn to cut a better light.

My advice. Double entry. Run your car in the quicker class, and run your towing truck in the class with him. Windows up, AC off, in drive, and deep stage it, 2000 RPM, then just hit it to the floor That's what I do. It will take a while, but soon you'll be competetive in both classes. Extra seat time can only help both in the learning experience, and the fun experience.

Sounds like someone needs to get on the track and beat him at his own game and keep doing it over and over.

I'm not even questioning the "sandbagging" thing.

I guess I'm surprised that a guy with this much experience would choose to run in a class that is for the most part full of guys with no experience.

I think there are usually about 14 of us. 2 of which are like chev truck guy, one that has about 5 years at it, and the rest of us are pretty much flying by the seat of our pants. First or second season at it.

Yeah, he would rather run with the inexperienced group where he has a better chance of winning.

and any guy who races a chevette is a pu$$y, unless it has a v-8.

with a 13 or 14 second car - do you think he's running slicks or modified exhaust system? To me, a 13 or 14 second car seems like one that would be a daily driver-type car.. not race-prepped, that's for sure.
So he trailers his 14 second truck to the track.....why is that even an issue?? Hell, for that matter why is this guy even an issue?? Go out to the track and run your number, cut good lights and you will put him out......perhaps he tows it to the track in case it breaks......maybe someone should stop sniveling about it & just go ask him......

You didn't give a paypal address for me to send my .02 to....

Well said. My 13.5 318 Dart gets towed to the track every time.

Attachments

• Dart3.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 116
Not much you can do about him. I would worry about your self as that is the only person you have any control over. Don't let him rent space in your head. Bracket racing is all about you so put all your energy in that.

He's a pussy, I love those sandbaggers....we ran 7 passes on Saturday from7.748 to 7.769 average light .528 or .028 whatever program your on, best of .508 worst of .531.

He is just the guy I like in the 1st round, just drive around him or push him out the back door.

Cut a good light and Run the Number, you'll put him on the trailer everytime.

He's taking advantage of unexperienced racers to gain unearned personal glory, kinda like beating up on women and children.

Look at his loser tickets, you'll find he broke out on 90% of the losses.

haha, i love doing that to those people when i race my slow DD truck. They never seem to expect the non-race car to pull a .02x or less off the light. It screws them up every time.

as for the trailering, if my truck would tow my duster and got better mpg. I would do it too. Plus, a loud race car is fun around town, kinda awful on the highway.

side note: funny that no one addresses the 22 second chevette. I absolutely hate those idiots that do that crap. There is this tool at my local track with an 18 second neon. Consistent because its gutless and then has on the back window "giant slayer".

Talk about taking the fun out of it.

What a bunch of pussies. Just get better & beat this guy.
Quit whining about it.
What would you do if a "ROOKIE" driver came & cleaned everyones clock? Would you still ***** & moan about it?
Is this a Trophey or Money class?
If it's Trophey, who cares if the guy gets his jollies.
If it's Money, alls fair in love & war. He has a combination that wins for him.
When my son started Bracket racing, he had never raced before.
He raced his Senior year in high school in the High School bracket & won the championship.
I moved him to out No-E class the next year in a 11.90 street car & Runnered up in that class.
He lost most of his races that year at the stripe. I entered him in the Sportsman "Trophey" class & No-E class points for the next season. He needed seat time to race against the 20 & 30 year veterens of bracket racing.
He won the Sportsman championship & finished 6th in No-E.
They changed the rules for this class after he won it & wasn't allowed to compete there the following year.
Racers are monkey see monkey do bunch, when other No-E racers seen what we were doing, they started to double enter as well.
This caused the track to have a Sportsman class for older racers & a beginners class.
He has since went on to win the No-E championship twice & Tied the championship last year.
My point is, he is always striving to get better. He enjoys beating the best Racer out there, no matter who it is.
So quit complaining & get better!

Best thing I read here,...maybe he just likes to be consistent,...

Me personally?, I think Its a hoot when a consistent racer beats some dude with his kids college fund invested in his hemi,...I'll root for him every time.

Learn how to beat the guy. That's how bracket racing works. Dial in your car and keep it consistant. The guy isn't a wimp, he's "teaching" you that 20 years of experience gets results. There's more to the sport of drag racing than just winning. I was put on the trailer a bunch of times years ago. Over time the wins will start to come. Stay consistant and you shouldn't be surprised when the wins start to come your way.

Agreed,...An anecdote perhaps...For all of you...

An old Bull and a young bull are standing on a hill overlooking a field full of cows, when the young bull says "Lets run on down there and screw a coupla cows",...to which the old bull says "Lets walk down and screw em all"...

thats bracket racing.
the guys already gotten into your heads (1/2 the battle). He's got the advantage from the start with that alone.
run your numbers, ignore who is beside you, and practice!!!!!!!
oh ya, have fun!!!!!!!!!! I know a guy that throws a tantrum every time he loses,and he's OLD enough to know better

I was at a Summit race last year when a 12 second F-150 Lightning was lined up next to a 19 second Mitsubishi. The guy in the F-150 pulled out of line claiming he forgot his helmet. He drove back to his pit, got his helmet and pulled to the back of the line. I felt that he should have had to get back in line next to the 19 second Mitsubishi. Well about that time a 69 Dart with a 440 pulled into line next to him. They both dialed 12.09. The F-150 was schooled by the Dart. Dart ran 12.10 and the F-150 ran 12.03. I loved it!!

there is nothing wrong with trailering a street car out there... i can think how nice it would be to not have to stuff my trunk with my jack, slicks, tool box, breaker bar, collector extensions, yadda yadda...

also depending on how far you are from the track can make it worth it to tow...

when my boss is able i have him tow my dart out...

The best reason to TOW your race car/truck to the track is not having to worry about how your going to get it home when you break a u-joint, smoke a trans or what ever might leave you stranded at the track! Back in the 70's when I started drag racing, there use to be a track here in fl. called Twin City Drags(long gone now,it closed in the late 70's. There was a 65 Malibu wagon with a 6 cyl. that sat at the track. Every Sat night when we would show up to race, I would see then putting 5 gal of gas( I'm sure it was regular grade gas) and enter it in the braket class. About 80% of the time the wagon won! Back then it paid 100 to win, 50 runner up. I know that car made at least 5.2 trillion dollars or something like that. Anyway, sure it made us mad as hell. But as time went on I faced that wagon in the finals a lot of the times. Moral of the story is that beat up wagon made me a better racer. Don't get mad get even! That old man driving that truck wasn't born with the ability to win, he learned it the hard way!

-
Back