Racing 6 cylinder Demon with BLOWER!

-
...just has a blower "hat" but what gets me is (like the one posted WITH a blower) its "center" of the hood, a slant 6 would be off to the drivers side of the car....Which, I'm not sure but could that be merely to have a small V-8 if not a big V-8 in it to get that "center" hole in the hood?

Altho, the outside of the car looks pretty good! Lets face it, its a '71 Demon, I LIKE IT! Not sure I'd let the engine go as-is, BUT the car could justify a new engine for in it.....OR just let it be and build whats there, (I would) just to be different!

Actually, with a Small Block or Big Block, the hole for a Blower would be Offset to the Right/Passenger Side by ALOT (just like the Slant 6 would be Offset to the Left by ALOT). Mopar engines are Offset to the Right by design, it may not appear to be, but take a real close look under the hood of any mopar and you'll see it.

See my '73 340 Duster for examples.

EDIT : Or my '74 Duster (71 Clone)

Regardless of what's under the hood it doesn't look like a bad car. Obviously a old race car and could be pretty solid. Not a bad price for turn key. And ya, the guy doesn't know a blower from a scoop.

The same seems to be true about cars that are for sale and such by members.

A few years ago I asked what my '74 Scamp was worth (I needed a little pocket money), and was told by several FABO members that it was worth scrap price. I wasn't expecting it to be a large fortune (since it was just a Slant 6 car), but I knew it had to be worth more than what it would bring at the junkyard.

It would have ran (needed a new carb and a radiator, which I had on hand), was a Factory Power Disc Brake Car, Factory A/C, Factory Rear Defroster, Factory Sway Bar, Blah Blah Blah (Car was loaded to the gills with options, all of which were on the car and worked), and it had Solid Floors, Solid Frame, Solid Body (minor scrapes/dings on passenger side door & rocker panel/quarter panel)

SOOO, I turned around and sold it to my cousin for Less than Scrap Price ($200) and tossed in a good radiator, rebuilt carb, and a pair of wheels with decent tires to go with the car and helped him get it running the same day I towed it over to his place. We removed the original vinyl top too, to find very minor surface rust underneath

Some FABO members suddenly were saying that the Disc Brake Setup on the car alone was worth hundreds more than I sold the car for, yet were some of the same ones who said the car was only worth scrap price :wack:

Oh yeah, it was this car.

Like I said, I wasn't excepting big bucks for the car, I had just wanted to know what it would be worth, and could have used a couple hundred bucks to pay some bills and get back on my feet.

The issue at hand here is that a lot of members don't understand that, in the Northeast, a clean car is a rarity.

I've read guys on here from the Southwest saying that a car with any kind of surface rust is a parts car. That may be true in the Southwest, but not where we're at. Scrap price for a car that's still got clean pans and rails? Either they were hoping to pick up cheap (that never happens, does it? :roll:) or they're blinded to location.

To the car at hand, I don't mind it. Looks like a decent roller. Out of my price range, soooo... but as a lot of members on here, a slant can s*** and git. Who's to say this car isn't one them? Okay, I'd have some questions for the owner, like if he doesn't know difference between a blower and a hat...

But then again, I've been in the forum for a while now. Anything that can't be picked up dirt cheap is going to be raked through the coals. Seems like everyone wants a good body for $500. Hey, if you can find it, good for you, but those deals are slowly drying up.

I wish you'd share some of your build pictures on my Facebook page, Doug. I would love to see them.

At times....started to add some trivial crap to my build thread but last I looked no one commented. I think I very well may be done with it, don't really want to hear the chest thumpers sniveling about what I am planning for a motor....thing is not everyone has the deep pockets it takes to build car the way it can be done with other brands parts....seen more than one comment about how boring a transplant is....what is so interesting about seeing the same tired set up over & over?? it is what it is.....

IF YOU DID THIS IT WOULD BE OK.This is stupid to you not to the guy that built it. He could just as well call your car stupid.Would I have that car no but build it and they will come. There is a big market for all kinds of cars and trucks. Look at that car close,there was a lot of work and craftsmanship put in it.Like I said I wouldn't build it no but I would have the people that built it help me in any project I would have.
So if I did this, it's OK?

Here's the thing, and this should not be "news." Some things are just stupid. Fake bugcatchers are stupid. Bullshit is stupid. Trying to sell a car "with a blower" that clearly has none is worse than stupid and it deserves ridicule.

X2 Rusty
Well it was somebody's dream. Somebody liked it. I swear, some of you buttholes got nuthin better to do than put stuff down all the time. And it's probably better than a lot of what yall have. That right there is why I stopped sharing anything I'm doing around here anymore.

IS this silly?

attachment.jpg

Personally, I like it.

The Cox Brothers racing crew are running high 9's with their /6, so maybe the wheelie bars and parachute aren't such a stretch after all!!!.....

Actually, with a Small Block or Big Block, the hole for a Blower would be Offset to the Right/Passenger Side by ALOT (just like the Slant 6 would be Offset to the Left by ALOT). Mopar engines are Offset to the Right by design, it may not appear to be, but take a real close look under the hood of any mopar and you'll see it.

See my '73 340 Duster for examples.

http://s182.photobucket.com/user/ChrisKDD/media/IMG_0781_zps97e91007.jpg.html

http://s182.photobucket.com/user/Ch...53_8742865980494025155_n_zps10655f79.jpg.html

EDIT : Or my '74 Duster (71 Clone)

http://s182.photobucket.com/user/ChrisKDD/media/SANY0329.jpg.html

I'm sorry I disagree, that "offset" on your car, is not NEARLY the offset as the Slant 6, I don't care, the Slant 6 puts a high obstacle right in straight view of the driver, the offset on your cars, is merely a couple inches to the passenger side....The Slant is more like FEET....Damn near 2 I bet to the left from dead center!!!!

Look at your LAST posted pic here, the hole in your hood, is almost CENTER to the hood "center" line, on a slant 6 that hole, wouldn't even TOUCH that center body line in the hood unless you cut the hole to damn big to begin with!

Is that a modified early hemi vc? It does look cool.

Ahh...Photo Chop at it's best.

Yup. The guy even went so far as build photos, but they were all fake. There are still people who argue differently, but there's never been any proof whatsoever that the car exists. It's been floatin around the internet close to ten years. If it was real, we'd know it.

So if I did this, it's OK?

attachment.php

Here's the thing, and this should not be "news." Some things are just stupid. Fake bugcatchers are stupid. Bullshit is stupid. Trying to sell a car "with a blower" that clearly has none is worse than stupid and it deserves ridicule.

Picture this...

Bill.... "Hey Jim, stop by and see what I've been working on in the garage"
Jim... "Ill be right over"

If you were Jim and walked into Bills garage and saw this car, what would your reaction be?? I personally would be in awe of the amount of time, effort, money and craftsmanship it took to design and build this car! Is it my cup of tea? Of course not, but I can clearly see the level of dedication it took to create this car ( if its real) and would probably applaud the creator!! To each his own....

-
Back