Racing season is coming, are you ready?

-

doogievlg

Reaction score
One of our local tracks is supposed to open the first weekend of March. My goal this time last year was to have my mustang sold and a truck and trailer ready to go for 2015. I got a little too carried away during the holidays and used a lot of my truck and trailer money on gifts. For the time being I'll be using a friend to haul the car this year. I also never got around to installing my rev limiter.

I hope no one else's off season was as big of a failure as mine!

Ours usually opens the middle of April. Gotta get my base line run for the "Cheap friendly race" in the Mopar General Discussion threads .... LOL.

Every year I promise myself that "THIS IS THE YEAR" . and every year I lie to myself. I have yet to make it to the track with the Cuda. My friends are beginning to think I am afraid of starting lights or something. The truth is that I save up the money to get me a trailer and just as I start to hunt for one.... something comes up. This year it was a car lift for the garage. Of course if there was a track closer than 100 miles to me would help or if any of my friends knew which end of a screwdriver to use would help too. :finga: But maybe next year. Until then .... it is back streets and 2 lane blacktop and running from the cops for me. LOL

We have three tracks within a hour drive from me so that's not an issue. It's just a truck and trailer. I live in the middle of a bunch of farms though so I'll throw the slicks on and give it a few pulls once in a while. My drive way is off a 1/2 mile straight with a 60 mph limit. It also has a stop sign about a 1/8 mile before my driveway. I'll get on it until I pass and old mail box. It helps me check my mph and rpm for the 1/8th.

Not ready but still trying to complete the project. The plus is the car will be slow at first so there will be no major additions to be concerned with. Just safety issues and a good running and braking car. Looking very forward to the first run with the turd.

I started a hard push last week to get some of the smaller projects done( fuel cell, fire wall, ect.).The machine shop is killing me! :banghead: 2 1/2 weeks til march first (the start of test and tune). Get motor back home-- fit- water pump, alternator, oilpan, distributor, intake, carb's, headers-- and all the other stuff i didn't mention ! Now I've never spent 5k on a motor, as a mater of fact I've never spent 5k on an entire car! To say I'm nerve racked about initial start up (solid lifter cam ) is an understatement !:violent2: then oil change. Then some break in miles (all while trying to dodge oregon rain) no hood-no wipers. I'll be at the track for test and tune no problem right !???#-o

Bought a data logger this year to step up my game, but the car is currently tore apart on a buddy's lift. Out first race is the first Sunday of next month. Gotta get going.

Test hits two weeks ago... 9.64@142 so far....:)

I have the engine & transmission is out of the Barracuda.
Ring & bearing the engine. Rebuilding the transmission.
Trying to make a decision on which heads to put back on the engine.
It had W2's & I just bought a pair of the Big Mouth heads from Hughes with the full CNC port work.

My dependable Demon, wasn't so dependable last weekend at No Problem Raceway.
Think it has lost a left rear shock.
If that is it, won't be hard to fix.

Both trailers are ready to go.

just waiting for them to unlock the gate this Saturday morning...and Sunday too

Track has plans, waiting for tarmac to be laid down. Until then, idling in neutral...( Lompoc track).

Lots of work to do that I won't post on an open forum lol. Sold my truck so in the market for another Cummins, but came across a nice loaded 07 duramax (we've had them before) but this one makes 600hp so that's fun. We've got a 24' enclosed trailer that's ready to rock but my brother and I are planning to buy a friends 32'

Then it's time to win some stuff

yes, and no
just the little bits to do now, going to try get a couple of hours today :)

Nope, track opens in April, and I haven't done a thing to the car all winter besides store it. I still have to pull the motor to fix an oil leak that started right at the end of the season last year (cracked oil pan)....pull it, weld it, inspect the 410's innards while I have the pan off, put it back together.

After that I also have 2 new things to try this year that I need to install...2 line locks and a 2-step. I'm going to see how the car likes leaving off a button.

Just had a bowl of Fruit Loops...Track opens in 2 hours...So I am ready...One car on trailer already...heading over to garage to get another loaded....2 cars today...take 3rd out for tomorrows morning TNT and race..

I am ready after the snow melts. Pittsburgh raceway park open in April. Car is ready, but my truck is not, motor is not done yet. I might get the D-100 down the track by mid summer.

Attachments

• 100_1269 (3).jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 132
Do the tracks out in the desert close for the winter? I always wondered about the off season in places like so cal and navada and Texas.

Well one of our local tracks is up to it's ears in drama already between the owner and the racers. That was the one that was supposed to open at the begining of March. Now their facebook is sayying it will let us know when they open.

The way some racers are talking though this could be the end of edgewater in cincinnati!

No "local" tracks for me. Also have snow 4' deep on the ground, drifts almost twice that, and it was -28° with the wind on my walk into work this morning - I've never gottena headache from my forehead being so cold before. Over the last month I haven't been in the shop at all except to fix my plow or snow equipment. Broke the plow frame. Burnt out a pump motor. Tractor was frozen in the shed. Then the shed collapsed... This winter has sucked with a capital S. Can't wait for it to be warmer - which at this point means 20° above zero.

-
Back