Radiators?

-

Aaron65

Reaction score
The radiator shop just called and said my Dart's radiator needs to be recored ($350). Anyone know of any generic aluminum radiators that fit a '65 Dart slant? I'm trying to keep the budget within reason here!

theres no way id put $350 in a dart radiator.hemi dart maybe.i run a after market 3 or 4 core in mine for 15 years now with no issues,unless your looking to keep the penestar emblem on the tank,go with new

Post a "want" ad,, some-one near you may have a good one, cheap..

I've got 2 or 3 good /6 rads ,, but shipping would be high..

hope it helps

I put a "new" radiator in my 63 Valiant from a 80 Dodge Aspen(slant six) from the local auto parts store.$174.00. Use the upper hose from the Aspen, You will have to trim some from the mounting flange and drill 2 new holes in the flange.Works great ! Price was even better. Just a thought..

I bought a new BeCool alum radiator on ebay for $80. I was thinking of using in my 65 Dart, but I would have had to cut off the lips on the front frame rails to slide it in. Since 67+ Darts are wider, it would probably fit those. It has side tanks and tapped hole inserts on the front of the tanks, so drilling 4 holes in the radiator support for thru bolts can mount it. I put it in my 65 Newport instead.

My 65 Dart has a copper radiator w/ 1.5" lower tube on the passenger side. It should fit a slant fine. The upper hose is slightly towards the passenger side, so might need a different upper hose. Indeed, I think it is for a slant since I had to add a rubber adapter to fit the 1.75" lower hose on my 273 (later alum water pump). I had asked in Autozone for the oldest Dart radiator they listed (~72 Dart). That was ~4 yrs ago. I paid $200. I have learned to be cheaper since.

My 64 Valiant slant has a non-Mopar looking copper radiator (thinner and square top), so many will fit. Who knows where they got it. The car had a Honda battery and a M-B electric fan.

might check out American Radiator, in st Louis, mo. I have bought from them some years back. it can be hard to find a good used rad, unless you get one that was full of antifreeze. I really don't understand why it costs so much to recore one?? seems like rad shops are all goofy that ive seen. $45 here just to boil out and pressure check, just to tell you its junk!!?????? LOL

I put a "new" radiator in my 63 Valiant from a 80 Dodge Aspen(slant six) from the local auto parts store.$174.00. Use the upper hose from the Aspen, You will have to trim some from the mounting flange and drill 2 new holes in the flange.Works great ! Price was even better. Just a thought..

I think I'm going to go this route...I got one on RockAuto for $140, so even with shipping and three radiator hoses, I'm out the door for $175. Can't beat that, plus, the radiator is for an AC car, and is brass/copper, which I prefer. Thanks a bunch!

Thanks to all who responded!

I put an A body Champion in my 65 Valiant, just had to drill some different holes,and it works great, nice price too..

Champion actually has an early a body radiator.. they only make it for v8 cars though.. if you call them they can switch the location of the lower hose for you for $60.. I had them do that for me and it bolted up like a dream on my 64 valiant.. came out to like $270 with taxes and shipping..

I used a radiator for a 74 d100 with 360 n a/c...got it from radiator express outta kc mo for $100 n free shipping .does not ever remotely get hot idling in traffic or any other time...i also removed the filler panel between bumper n rad support n installed it off rad support like a spoiler...works dandy

Check out other local radiator shops.

Back in 2001 I need ed to recore a radiator. I got quotes over the phone as high as $335, $350. I found a place that would do it for $165 by calling around.

I have a perfect restored early a body radiator looking for a home just want 100 and shipping for it. It fits any early a body from a 65 Barracuda as mine was changed to one that needed transmission cooler too. This one is looking for a home and will be going to shows with me this summer or could be yours now?

65 Cudalover

-
Back